The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Tell me what u think

Go down 
+7
Scorpderp25
Mandiblehead
HELLRAZR
RMLII
Ludedor24
DolbyR
boverton
11 posters
AuthorMessage
boverton
Pandinus
boverton

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-02-13

Tell me what u think Empty
PostSubject: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/1/2012, 4:52 pm

Ok so after getting reamed out by some of the more experianced keepers for keeping my emperors on sand
I think I've come to a logical yet tastful conclusion.... I have added 4 inches of coco fiber to the bottom of my enclosure and covered the rest with sand the hide holes i have created i left the sand out of the actual hide holes that way if they wish to burrow they can and i still get the nice sandy desert look. If i want to add moisture to the enclosure i just pour some water into the sand and it will run trew the sand and go down to the coco fiber also ive added some moss in the hide spots so i can spray the moss if they decide not to hide the rock i used to create the hides have been siliconed together that way they can seperate the rock structures and not colapse them on top of therselves i think its a logical conclusion to the problem i was having also i have added a non flurecent black light to the enclosure that way they dont get the UV posioning from the light ( the light dosnt make them glow AT ALL !) they can bask on the sand and hide in the coco fiber to cool down i think it will work out well Smile Gimme some feed back also they seem to be doing very well eating good and acting normally
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/1/2012, 6:52 pm

Just one question before I give any further feedback...
WHY do you want to create a "desert look" for a scorpion that comes from a humid forest? If you really wanted a desert setup so bad, you would have been better off getting a desert hairy.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
boverton
Pandinus
boverton

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/1/2012, 7:54 pm

i just really like the desert scape look .. the humidity is right in there burrows and the temp is right they seem to not be affected by the sand so im happy if they are they already have a burrow dug out and i think the female is preggers i need to take a pic of her but her skin on the sides of her body are swolen hardcore and i havent over fed them .. how long dose it take for them to have babies after they have bug sex ?

Plus desery hairy's are available around here and emperors are handalable if need be
Back to top Go down
Ludedor24
Babycurus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/1/2012, 8:11 pm

*facepalm*
Back to top Go down
RMLII
Pandinus

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/3/2012, 4:38 pm

+1 to Dolby and Ludedor if you get a pet you are supposed to supply it with what it needs, what substrate that it is evolved for and supposed to be in, not what you selfishly prefer. if you want a certain set up thats all cool but then pick the set up and search for the animal that fits in it. your logic makes me wanna do a face palm too, the fact that you pick an animal that is not for desert, yet you decide your going to put it in a desert set up anyways is completely irresponsible. the sand is rough on an emperors exoskeleton, if you were a responsible pet owner you would know that, and your emp would be happier. think about it emps are in a forest with soil for a reason, they cannot survive in desert. i hope for your pets sake you either consider its needs before your aesthetic desires or give it to someone who will give it proper care.
Back to top Go down
RMLII
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/3/2012, 4:43 pm

also if the black light that can be dangerous to them does not make them glow why would you not use the recommended inferred light? smh
Back to top Go down
boverton
Pandinus
boverton

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/4/2012, 12:53 pm

u know what ? [does your mother know you talk like that?] ALL YOU GUYS ! they have 74 pecent humidity the hot spot in the tank is at 85 degrees F and they have plenty of moist coco fiber to dig around in so [does your mother know you talk like that?] what i have 1 inch of sand on the top of the cocofiber for astetics they have hide holes and come out regularly and bask then go back into the holes and dig down and get nicce and moist and cool all you guys need to get of your SOAPBOX and quit acting like your big time [hopscotch] this is my first pair of scorpions and the female is already pregnant and doing fine there eating and everything IS [does your mother know you talk like that?] PEACHY KEEN... also its not a real black light like ive said numurous times its a black bulb that puts off heat without lighting the tank so i think im DONE WITH THIS FORUM AND ITS [hopscotch] U DONT CAREA ABOUT HELPING ANY ONE U JUST WANT TO MAKE FUN OF PPL WHO HAVE A DIFFERENT WAY OF DOING IT [does your mother know you talk like that?] YOU AND [does your mother know you talk like that?] THIS FORUM !!!
Back to top Go down
Ludedor24
Babycurus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/4/2012, 1:09 pm

Its hilarious ...you say people don't care about helping...you make a post asking what people think, they tell you its wrong , then you get mad..why even ask then? I understandthis is your first scorpion but just listen to people who know things... I really don't know why you are fighting, no one is insulting you personally they are just confused why you won't take advice, and if you don't want it don't ask for peoples opinions. Or just get a dessert scorpion species already lol :p best of luck man all we want is for you and your scorp to work out no one is trying to sabatoge you. Best of luck mate
Back to top Go down
HELLRAZR
Pandinus

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/4/2012, 1:26 pm

if you want your Emp to be Happy and live for a good life just keep it in its natural habitat. Just get rid of the sand aspects of it there not use to it and may give them a lot of stress and might have a hard time breathing due to not having the Spiracle they need to breath. Each scorpion is built for there landscape Emps like it damp and warm not rocket science
Back to top Go down
RMLII
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/4/2012, 2:05 pm

exactly we do not think we are big time, we are not trying to insult or sabotage you...honestly we would just like to see your emperors properly taken care of. also if you are gonna come on here and ask opinions on how you are taking care of your scorpions (even though you have been repeatedly told it was wrong before this post) and then get all defensive when we reinforce those people in telling you how wrong you are and then telling you how to properly take care of your scorpion. then why even post, you do not care about the care of your scorpions obviously, you just wanna ruffle feathers. again we don't care about trying to insult it's just what do you expect you are putting your scorpions in an environment you know isn't right and then asking scorpion enthusiasts what they think, get over your self stop wasting everyones time and give your scorpions their proper environment or give them to someone who will already.
Back to top Go down
Mandiblehead
Pandinus

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/6/2012, 2:10 am

What about making an oasis lookin thing by putting a desert background picture behind the glass? Two birds stoned at once . ucan have your look ur after and the scorp can be happy. i noticced myn were way better once i chnged to coco fbre, they rmore active
Back to top Go down
Scorpderp25
Hadogenes
Scorpderp25

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/6/2012, 3:24 am

Lol you guys are right but I'm pretty sure he already left the site and isn't coming back he is dumb for asking your opinion then he gets mad its obviously a person who has to much ego and no self esteem and that's why he can't handle the truth lol so we should just stop posting because there are stupid people out there and there always will be. Plus its gonna be him who's hopefully sad when they die because of his mistakes. Then hell learn and maybe start listening or if there's a god he won't get another scorpion.
Back to top Go down
Dont_Play<--
Pandinus
Dont_Play<--

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/6/2012, 11:07 am

I'm with everyone else on this, every animal has different needs.what we are trying to say is why change its natural environment and just let it be. if you take any animal and switch its habitat to the opposite do you think it would live long or be happy? no one is making fun of you or trying to be ignorant we are just trying to help you and give you advice. we don't think we are "big time know it alls" because even don't know some stuff we just have experience in this hobby. and being hard headed and assuming we are idk "attacking" you isnt going to get you no where, sometimes you just have to listen and thank. and if came in on the wrong foot then ill be the bigger person and apologize for Telling you what we think.
Back to top Go down
http://factor_2011@yahoo.com
uncleuzi
Pandinus
uncleuzi

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/6/2012, 6:40 pm

Boverton, dude, seriously? Does your keyboard have punctuation keys? You are making a complete fool of yourself.

Also, take out the sand!!!

Forest scorpion requires forest habitat.

Desert scorpion requires desert habitat.

What's so difficult to understand here?
Back to top Go down
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/6/2012, 7:45 pm

Seeing as how someone has a bandwagon hay ride started im gonna hop on board, Dude you did it wrong. There he knows now. Everyone knows better ways of saying "your doing it wrong", than berating him in a public forum, sounds like some ppl didnt get the memo. Plus it looks as though hes gone now. Toobad cause im sure he could have taken the sound advice and made his scorpi very happy. But on a lighter note....

Mandiblehead wrote:
Two birds stoned at once.

I WILL NEVER SAY.... two birds with one stone ever again....... HAHAHA
Back to top Go down
HELLRAZR
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/6/2012, 7:47 pm

Mister punctuation nazi has come into the picture a little to late. Your points have already been made. So why post it??

Edit:
Not you lmiller you posted just before i could
Back to top Go down
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/6/2012, 7:50 pm

I deleted my post because of the same reason lol. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
HELLRAZR
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/6/2012, 7:51 pm

I edit my post it was not towards you Bowdown

Edit:

Your to fast i though i was fast lmao
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/7/2012, 3:51 am

It is always easier to point out the mistakes(or at least what you think is) of others..
That is also probably the reason why we can see new faces commenting on what others have done wrong when the general point has already been made in a thread. Unless you have valid and new insights to contribute, it is meaningless to re-post the same concerns... just to be on the side of the majority... perhaps. Even if you have justification to add in another point of view, do so in a nice way, not everyone likes being corrected and not all can take it positively.

A simple test for us now, literally point to a direction using your hand, with one finger pointing to an object (as if you are pointing to a person whom you are frustrated with).. now.. notice that you have 3 fingers pointing back at yourself. To me, this is a simple reminder that we should always do more self-reflection first before pushing the blame to someone.

I'm not here to single anyone out but just to offer my 2-cents advice. When others have misjudged you, first, take a step back... cool yourself off and look at what you have posted before flaring out, did you provide a clear background info for others to understand you in the very first place? If not, add in your points to clarify doubts make yourself known, in a nice way. It is definitely NOT end of the world or something when others does not follow your train of thoughts..

When posting in a public forum, it's like eating together on a dinner table. There might be people you know and familiar with and there are strangers as well. However, there is a general "table culture" and common direction somehow.. Well, in this forum, it is mainly the passion for scorpions that draw us all together and the common direction is to provide optimal scorpion care for our pet scorpion in captivity..

That is why peeps here are generally against "unnatural" ways of doing things.. e.g. advising a newbie what scorpions to start holding after emperors or what others think of using different substrate to keep scorpions in other then the type that they are meant to be living in..

But Yes, of cos, we might have different ways of doing things but whenever we make a decision to post and to seek opinions, it is like doing a mini "open house" exhibition for your scorpion room, do you throw everyone out as soon as they mentioned things that are not pleasing to your ears??

I encourage all to welcome comments, be it praises or criticisms...

With open arms .. Smile

Regards,
GS
Back to top Go down
HELLRAZR
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty3/7/2012, 12:16 pm

ditto this guy here seems legit Very Happy and is very bang on with his points cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what u think   Tell me what u think Empty

Back to top Go down

Tell me what u think
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: The Burrow in Ghana: Emperor Zone-
Jump to: