The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Interesting light question and idea?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ricosuave77
Pandinus

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Interesting light question and idea? Empty
PostSubject: Interesting light question and idea?   Interesting light question and idea? Empty1/28/2012, 9:06 pm

Does anyone know for certain what light frequencies a scorp can see or tell light from dark. I ask bc I think it would be cool to rig a borrow with an LED of a frequency that they can not see. I have used this to view light shy marine inverts in their dens.
Back to top Go down
Will3
Babycurus
Will3

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Interesting light question and idea?   Interesting light question and idea? Empty1/28/2012, 11:10 pm

Any red or blue LED would work i think, youll see if they get bothered.
Back to top Go down
ricosuave77
Pandinus

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Interesting light question and idea?   Interesting light question and idea? Empty1/28/2012, 11:29 pm

I was thinking of going with red or blue, violet would be nice (wavelength 400-450 nm) but I think that might be cutting it close to uv (starting at >400nm and below), the violet would have been a nice darker light though. Red is totally safe at wl's < 600nm. I was thinking one led on a probe to become a ceiling light would be a certain uniqueness, I am constantly be asking to see my emps. Might be a great idea for those who keep hole dwelling tarantulas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting light question and idea?   Interesting light question and idea? Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting light question and idea?
Page 1 of 1