The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

My EMP Is in trouble. :(

Go down 
+3
lmiller
Ludedor24
Gak102
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gak102
Pandinus

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-01-28

My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty
PostSubject: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/28/2012, 6:32 am

Hello, I fear my emp may be passing on soon. I've had this guy since 07/29/11. For the past two weeks maybe more or less, He/she abandoned his hide. He's been in different places in the tank. But always there for a couple days at a time. His tail has been laying flat behind him. Today I found two white bugs on him and more in the tank. Thoughts?? When I touched his tail, he didn't seem to move much. I misted him a little a he crawled about 2 inches and stopped. Is he in molt?

My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Sdc11110

Last edited by Gak102 on 1/30/2012, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ludedor24
Babycurus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/28/2012, 7:21 am

Sorry looks like it could be getting to the end for this little guy Sad . The white bugs are most likely mites. If he was going to molt he would be much fatter
Back to top Go down
Gak102
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/28/2012, 10:05 am

Why is it dying though?
Back to top Go down
Gak102
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/28/2012, 10:43 am

This is him, This was taken just 11 days ago... My EMP Is in trouble. :(  402780_10150600589918200_590983199_10986018_981017521_n
Back to top Go down
Gak102
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/28/2012, 10:52 am

I'm gonna move her into a small kritter keeper till i can get new soil. Maybe she'll bounce back. What can I use for bedding that's around the house???
Back to top Go down
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/28/2012, 10:59 am

For anything around your house.... nothing unless you have a bad of organic potting soil or peat moss just laying around. If you lived close, you could have this full bag of peat that I bought for my emps but only used about 1/10th of. I bought mine from a hardware store. And its waaaaaaaay to much lol. Maybe shes just old and its her time to go. But looking at the pics, im not sure if its the flash or what but, the telson looks off white, thats a sub adult color.
Either way, good luck.
Back to top Go down
Gak102
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/28/2012, 11:06 am

I have fox farms ocean forest soil. ... it has chems in it so can't use that. Yeah, her stinger or the "flesh" right before the sting has always been real white. The stinger itself looks brownish redish.
Back to top Go down
Gak102
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/30/2012, 7:53 pm

Just went to the store today. Got a small tank. He was in a 20 gallon. I got him a 15.3 in L X 8.6 in W X in 10.6 H Acrylic tank. Put in a whole bag of Eco Earth which fills it about 5 or 6 inches high. Don't think he's gonna burrow anytime soon so the amount of eco earth in there shouldn't matter. I put in one half log hide and a water dish that I had laying around unused. Tired to feed him a cricket with tongs but he just clawed it and dropped it without eating. Hopefully he'll bounce back... Sad Sigh
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/30/2012, 8:03 pm

those mites and behavior dont sound good.its white telson says its not an old emp and it wouldnt be the cause of its illness.the mites would be of concern here.also the temperature of the enclosure.maybe its too cold and the lil guy is trying to get away from the mites and find some heat.
Back to top Go down
Gak102
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/30/2012, 8:10 pm

PICS...

My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Sdc11210

My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Sdc11213

My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Sdc11212
Back to top Go down
Gak102
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/30/2012, 8:11 pm

Maybe the heating mat is messed up. I've reused it on 4 times. Sticking it on and off diff tanks. I got to get a temp prob. Ordering off of ebay when I have the money.
Back to top Go down
Gak102
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/30/2012, 8:15 pm

Hopefully now it's in a new tank with new Eco Earth and No more mites he'll be better soon! I'm worried about the little guy. When i moved him to the new tank I didn't see any mites on him. (Couldn't look under him though. Hopefully none come over to the new tank and screw everything up. I'm broke. I can't afford another bad of eco earth.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Gak102
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/30/2012, 8:24 pm

Should I take the cricket out now? It's pretty much dead. Guess I'll try feeding him again tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/30/2012, 8:40 pm

haaaa.i have a male emp in the same tank!
id get rid of that heat mat.it doesnt do anything on the side to raise air temperature.it just makes the side of the tank where its adhered to warm.get a heat lamp with a built in temperature control dial,those run about $20 and get an infra red heat lamp rated to the heat lamps wattage,which would be 50 watts or 75 watts.the bulb will be like $15.
on my tank thats like yours i covered half of the lid with foil to keep humidity in. one part is open for the heat to come in and on the other side its open so some heat can escape.
ill take some pics of that tank i have later so you have a better idea of what im talking about.
you said your low on money,id say when you get the money for the lamp,bulb and thermometer get it.in the meantime your emp will have to make do with what you got.
keep the heat mat on the side and cover some of that lid.also make sure you disposed of all that mite contaminated earth.
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/30/2012, 8:44 pm

leave that cricket in there overnight and take it out tomorrow if he doesnt eat it.and dont try feeding him tomorrow,try again in like five days and when you do if your tong feeding try to just herd some crickets into your emps direction or hiding spot.i have a picky eater that wont take from tongs and one that will take anything anyway you give it.
your substrate looks a lil on the dry side.shove that log into the corner and put some of that eco earth on the walls end to block off its visibility so you emp feels more secure.also id block out the back of that with some black construction paper of background so its all not so open.
Back to top Go down
Gak102
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/30/2012, 9:09 pm

k, I'll buy that lamp whenever I have money Which I'm 400 behind on rent so that's gonna half to be down the road a bit. I have no paper so I just backed up the tank to my sofa so it's ghetto backed out. I'll leave the cricket over night. I'll cover up half of the lid and give a light mist of the eco earth. Bump with some pics of your tank pls.
Back to top Go down
Ludedor24
Babycurus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/30/2012, 10:00 pm

It looks like impaction to me :\
Back to top Go down
Rafter
Pandinus
Rafter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-01-02

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/30/2012, 11:51 pm

+1 on the moisture, get the humidity up in there.
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/31/2012, 5:03 am

dont rely on misting alone for humidity.over fill the water dish slowly so it pours over into the substrate and gets the under the surface all moist.

ill take some pics tomorrow when theirs natural daylight.infrared pics look horrorible and i dont wanna light up the room disturbing all the nocturnal friends.
Back to top Go down
Gak102
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty1/31/2012, 8:28 am

Just checked on him. The cricket seemed more alive than he was. Sad Took me a minute to get any movement out of him. The cricket was in the same place as last night. Right in front of him. I added more humidity by misting and pouring the water in his bowl letting it over flow. I fear he might pass any minute. Least I can't say I didn't try .
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty2/12/2012, 6:42 am

Any updates on how the emp is doing? hopefully hes hanging in there still! Neutral
Back to top Go down
Gak102
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty2/12/2012, 4:17 pm

Sadly no. He passed away two days after my last post. Sad He will be missed. Love you Jax.
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty2/13/2012, 12:17 pm

aww.. dangg, well sorry to hear. RIP JAX

Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty2/21/2012, 4:02 pm

So sorry to hear about your loss. I've recently lost my 2. RIP Jax
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My EMP Is in trouble. :(    My EMP Is in trouble. :(  Empty

Back to top Go down

My EMP Is in trouble. :(
Page 1 of 1