The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty
PostSubject: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty1/23/2012, 12:06 pm

Hi all,

Some of you may remember the injured/wounded Pandinus cavimanus I received quite some time ago (pics below). Her injury is still pretty much the same although alot cleaner and less noticeable after some good care.

Click for P. cavimanus female wound pics:

As you can imagine, I was suprised when I found this little guy wandering around her enclosure. Unfortunately it seems all it's brothers and sisters have been re-absorbed or cannibalised, if only I checked on her a little sooner. Sad

I thought sticking her to my male, who's a beast, and trying to get babies out of her in the state she was in wouldn't be fair. She got put on a top shelf with another injured scorp out of harms way and left stress free in hopes of recovering. So I never mated her, she was already gravid. I'm still happy to get that one baby from her. It also means she hasn't been a totally wasted WC and her legacy will live on Very Happy

Click for P. cavimanus 2i pics:

Click for P.cavimanus 3i pics:

P. cavimanus size comparison:

Adult female colour variation:

Beasty male pics:

Last edited by Jay on 11/23/2012, 11:42 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
tseros7768
Pandinus

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty1/23/2012, 5:54 pm

wow! that is a very unique story about one scorpion. poor juvenile, at least u got one out of her...
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty1/24/2012, 3:36 am

Nice one Jay!
Take good care of that little guy Smile
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty1/24/2012, 7:33 am

Cheers!

Yep I will be guarding this scorpling with my life Laughing And showering it with TLC! Very Happy

Another species that looks exactly the same as all Hets. as babies, or rather all large forest scorps look the same as babys.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty1/24/2012, 10:06 am

wow thats awesome, maybe her injury was a mating one, we still havent attempted mating our couple after the male killed the last female
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty1/24/2012, 10:12 am

JamieLawrence wrote:
Cheers!
Yep I will be guarding this scorpling with my life Laughing And showering it with TLC! Very Happy

TLC.. haven heard that for awhile. haha
I'm sure the little guy is in good hands Smile
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty1/24/2012, 11:04 am

It's possible it was a mating wound, being WC it's very likely males and females were together at some point. We know how aggressive these are too, you definitely do Bex Very Happy She probably got passed around loads of males in transit lol the way a couple of her abdomen segments are separated suggests she's been pulled around alot.

I have another female but shes so much smaller than the beast male I'm not sure I should risk putting them together.

I'll do my best by this little guy and the female will have a peaceful rest of her life, happy days! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty1/24/2012, 11:54 am

Yeah the female we have left was the smaller of the two so we daren't put her in after that larger female got mullered, was really bad she was ripped to pieces poor girl
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty1/24/2012, 1:01 pm

Shame Sad

To be honest I don't think I've ever seen pics of P. cavi young or with young.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty1/24/2012, 8:57 pm

True.. definitely not commonly found.
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty1/25/2012, 3:36 am

JamieLawrence wrote:
Shame Sad

To be honest I don't think I've ever seen pics of P. cavi young or with young.

+1

That's the 1st time I'm seeing a 2i P. cavi.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty1/25/2012, 4:10 am

+1 Smile
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty11/20/2012, 6:29 pm

Well I'm due an update on this little fellow.

Here he is at 3i, starting to look premolt now and probably due to molt into 4i soon. He's doing well, seems to be growing pretty slow though but I'd guess they're like Heterometrus in that they grow alot slower on their own and faster in a group.

Click for P.cavimanus 3i pics:
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty11/21/2012, 5:37 am

Wow great pics jay, I still have two cav babies they are still tiny about 2cm in all with tail out flat, I guess they must be 3i too, will get some pics later and put then here to compare if you don't mind me jumping on your topic, will need to find my original cav with babies topic, shame she only had 3 babies then died, our adults make is still going strong though Smile

Can you take a pic with something in it to get a sense of scale, I'm gonna use a 5p pure mind aren't growing at all lol
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty11/21/2012, 9:03 am

Cheers! Ofcoarse I don't mind, fire away mate, the more pics the better in my opinion.

I didn't even know yours had babies, that's awesome. Or perhaps I forgot, post the link here too.

Ok no worries, I'll get size comparison pics after work. I can't believe how long this scorp has been 3i for, they're serious slow growers, I was starting to think I was doing something wrong, maybe he could be a little warmer.

They clearly don't have very big broods haha...
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty11/21/2012, 11:08 am

First the madras and now the cavimanus..

I can't get enough of the great macro shots! Lol

Yes, do post more of them P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer 129887
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty11/21/2012, 1:11 pm

Great job with the little fella!
And yeah, more macro shots!!
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty11/21/2012, 2:39 pm

Cheers GS, Dolby.

Well here's those size comparison pics. It's a 5p coin and the ruler is in CM. Just quick shots because I had to dig him back up.

P. cavimanus size comparison:
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty11/21/2012, 4:10 pm

Heres our little guys they are tiny that is a 5p in all the pictures, couldnt find my mini ruler to get in there either. appologies for poor quality but was taken with my HTC (being lazy couldnt be bothered to get the camera out lol)
they look simular sizes think yours are slightly bigger

P.cav x2:
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty11/21/2012, 5:46 pm

Nice one! They do look about the same size as mine, mine looks a little longer as it's pretty fat coming into premolt.

Keep us updated on these, will be interesting to see them grow cause it's pretty rare to see these young.
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty11/23/2012, 3:00 am

Don't know if it's due to lighting, but pretty interesting coloration difference between your Cavis
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty11/23/2012, 3:09 am

DolbyR wrote:
Don't know if it's due to lighting, but pretty interesting coloration difference between your Cavis

It's probably HTC Razz
Wait till Bex grabs her DSLR. The coloration will be right Smile
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty11/23/2012, 3:13 am

GS wrote:
It's probably HTC

Embarassed I should really start reading more carefully the posts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty11/23/2012, 3:56 am

Actually mine are quite a dark colour not really any redness showing on them at all which I thought was a bit weird, if it wasn't some of my own babies from our cav I would be doubting that they were
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty11/23/2012, 3:58 am

I bet the reddish will be more visible as he/she grows Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer   P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer Empty

Back to top Go down

P. cavimanus Lone Wanderer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next