The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

heating for an emperor scorpions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sarahbabez
Pandinus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-01

heating for an emperor scorpions Empty
PostSubject: heating for an emperor scorpions   heating for an emperor scorpions Empty1/1/2012, 8:17 pm

hello im new to this form and my mate just got a emperor scorpian and i was just wondering what is the best way to heat a 2 ft viv are heat lights any good i have had mixed comments about heat lights please help thank you
Back to top Go down
Scorpderp25
Hadogenes
Scorpderp25

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: heating for an emperor scorpions   heating for an emperor scorpions Empty1/1/2012, 10:15 pm

Well The hot side should be from 80-90f and the cool side from like 70-80 and use a infared light or it will die from a UV light, so if your going to use a black light only use it every once in a while or it will kill your emp. hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: heating for an emperor scorpions   heating for an emperor scorpions Empty1/2/2012, 7:47 pm

I prefer heat lamps over heat mats, as they do a better job of heating the tank. The mats just heat the glass to which they're affixed. It's also worth the extra cost to get a lamp with a built in dimmer.
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2012-06-09

PostSubject: Re: heating for an emperor scorpions   heating for an emperor scorpions Empty6/24/2012, 10:04 pm

heat mats are a waste becuase they dont even put off any heat , i have 2 heat mats on the side of my tank and they dont raise the temp. at all. UV from a light will kill the scorpion.... use a ceramic heat emitter, they dont give off any light , just heat, depending on how big the enclosure is will determine how many watts u want... hope this helps Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/androctonus.australis.5
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: heating for an emperor scorpions   heating for an emperor scorpions Empty

Back to top Go down

heating for an emperor scorpions
Page 1 of 1