The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Max temperature for adult male Emp?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kamdo
Pandinus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-12-31

Max temperature for adult male Emp? Empty
PostSubject: Max temperature for adult male Emp?   Max temperature for adult male Emp? Empty12/31/2011, 6:13 pm

Hey guys...I'm new to this forum and this is my first post! I recently got an adult emp scorpion and I have a ceramic light (100W) for my 10 gallon tank. From what i've read the ideal temperature gradient should be b/t 80- 90 F. My problem is that the 100W light gets the hot side to about 105 F with the cool side about 90. its been like this for a couple of days and my scorpion seems more active then he was when the hot side was only 80 F. So basically i'm wondering if this is too hot? any sugestions about how to decrease the temp without buying a new light would also be helpful. I don't have a "lamp clam" to raise the light, however.
Back to top Go down
Scorpderp25
Hadogenes
Scorpderp25

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Max temperature for adult male Emp?   Max temperature for adult male Emp? Empty12/31/2011, 6:20 pm

Yah, if anything change to a 50-75 watt because at 105F your probaly bakeing ur scorpion and thats why hes so active. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Max temperature for adult male Emp?   Max temperature for adult male Emp? Empty12/31/2011, 6:44 pm

100W is a little to powerful. 105 degrees is too hot. If you don't want to get a new lamp, then try moving the lamp farther away from the tank. (Hang it above the tank) If that is not possible, you could always get a dimmer. You might as well get a new light though. What kind of bulb are you using?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Max temperature for adult male Emp?   Max temperature for adult male Emp? Empty12/31/2011, 6:49 pm

I had to cut the bottom out of a coffee can before I could make it back to get a lower wattage light. That raised the light almost 17-20 cm or about 7 inches off the top of the tank. Worked until I could get a smaller wattage bulb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Max temperature for adult male Emp?   Max temperature for adult male Emp? Empty

Back to top Go down

Max temperature for adult male Emp?
Page 1 of 1