The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
suicidehotdog
Pandinus
suicidehotdog

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up? Empty
PostSubject: Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up?   Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up? Empty12/13/2011, 4:09 pm

I have heard conflicting things, do i presoak or just bury it to the green and get it wet like the package says?
Back to top Go down
WyattEarp4137
Babycurus
WyattEarp4137

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up?   Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up? Empty12/13/2011, 6:46 pm

Hmmm . . . I personally don't have an answer for you but I am trying to get some moss figured out for my emp tank as well so I will be waiting for an answer with you!
Back to top Go down
suicidehotdog
Pandinus
suicidehotdog

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up?   Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up? Empty12/13/2011, 10:07 pm

I ended up just doing it how it said on the package, the zoo med brand has different directions.
It looks good in there, hopefully it takes.
Back to top Go down
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up?   Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up? Empty12/25/2011, 12:19 pm

I just did some frog moss in my emperor tank. Zilla brand frog moss, a 3.5 oz package is alot of moss, lol. I used less than a quarter of the package and it got HUGE. Had way plenty, like one brick will cover 2-10 gallon tanks an inch deep. So a little goes along way in a scorp tank. Or even to just use it for decoration, I bet you could do 30 tanks with a whole brick. But it does look really good in there. Glad I spent the 4 dollars to get it.
Back to top Go down
WyattEarp4137
Babycurus
WyattEarp4137

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up?   Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up? Empty12/27/2011, 1:26 pm

To add my expirience with moss, (Can't think of the brand off the top of my head) I just dunked it in a bucket of water and squeezed it gently a couple of times like you would a sponge until it was soaked, then "Wrung it out" until it was damp. Ended up with more than I bargained for and have quite a bit left over. Sounds to me like each brand is basically the same thing and has the same directions. Cool
Back to top Go down
lmiller
Centruroides
lmiller

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up?   Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up? Empty12/27/2011, 2:45 pm

HAHA right, when it says it will expand to 12 times its size, I think thats an understatement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up?   Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up? Empty

Back to top Go down

Trex brand frog moss, how do i set it up?
Page 1 of 1