The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Possible Mating Today-P Imperator

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

Possible Mating Today-P Imperator Empty
PostSubject: Possible Mating Today-P Imperator   Possible Mating Today-P Imperator Empty10/28/2011, 11:10 am

Well.

As you all know, I've been wondering if Scorpinox & BumbleBee had already mated, she was possibly already gravid before getting him, or she was just putting on some weight. Question

This morning, on my way out the door, I noticed a spermatophore on their rock (which really surprised me!) and her chasing after him for a bit til he ran & hid. Not sure if the deed was done, but I'm posting here in case babies are born we can go back and look at dates and maybe determine the facts LOL. Call it my personal diary entry if you will. I snapped a quick picture not very clear but might possibly put it up once I extract it from my camera.

Have a good one Smile

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mating Today-P Imperator   Possible Mating Today-P Imperator Empty10/28/2011, 2:50 pm

wow congratulations fingers crossed Smile keep an eye on her our female turned into a right mare and we had to remove her quite early not even knowing she was gravid but now we know she was we know why she was being a witch lol Wink
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mating Today-P Imperator   Possible Mating Today-P Imperator Empty10/28/2011, 2:59 pm

I am watching them, but since you brought it up Bex, Would it be better to move him into another tank, or her??
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mating Today-P Imperator   Possible Mating Today-P Imperator Empty10/28/2011, 3:22 pm

Id leave them for now just incase she hasnt concieved yet lol
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mating Today-P Imperator   Possible Mating Today-P Imperator Empty10/28/2011, 3:37 pm

LOL, she did not look happy this morning cuz I think he disturbed her when she was butt up to the heat.................And with her putting on the weight, I'm not so sure she wasn't gravid when I got her......................time will tell Smile
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mating Today-P Imperator   Possible Mating Today-P Imperator Empty10/28/2011, 4:32 pm

Well if she is noticably ratty towards him its prly best to seperate them Smile
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mating Today-P Imperator   Possible Mating Today-P Imperator Empty10/28/2011, 9:11 pm

Our roomate just posed a great question which I can't find an answer to.

Will a male deposit if a female is unreceptive, or does he know if she's viable before making the deposit?
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mating Today-P Imperator   Possible Mating Today-P Imperator Empty10/29/2011, 1:15 am

The female is receptive if the mating dance proceeds till such a stage whereby the male is depositing his "sperm pack". Note that it might not be a 100% insemination even though the female accepts it, ( well imo, its like humans, doesnt mean that not using a condom will get me babies) thats why its safer to put them together and only remove when the female is ratty and showing signs of aggression towards the male, like what Bex says Smile

Wish you luck babe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mating Today-P Imperator   Possible Mating Today-P Imperator Empty10/31/2011, 11:30 am

Thanks guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mating Today-P Imperator   Possible Mating Today-P Imperator Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Mating Today-P Imperator
Page 1 of 1