The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

opinions on my emp housing status

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

opinions on my emp housing status Empty
PostSubject: opinions on my emp housing status   opinions on my emp housing status Empty9/23/2011, 2:27 am

alrighty most of you know what i have going on with my emps.
i have a male and female in a 10 gallon with plenty of substrate and hides.

sooo my male was out exploring tonight and the female came all the way out to kick him out of the burrow.this is the first time since ive been ale to see their size difference since i did a sub change.the female pretty much doubled in size and it is definitely much larger than the male now.

for awhile i believed she was gravid as how fat she got even after a month of not eating.she also stilted for awhile and some said to lower my temps,the heat lamp at the time was putting out 86-88 f.my male doesnt eat that much cause he likes to stay hidden in the same burrow as her. as far as her being gravid im not sure,only time will tell if shes just a tubby.

i can go about a change with this situation in a couple of ways but i would like others opinions before i do anything.

initially i was gonna remove the male and put him in a 5.5 gallon of his own but thought about what if the female isnt gravid and i set up and downgraded his pad for nothing.

now im leaning to getting a 20 gallon to give em both more room and space from eachother and provide em with a big enough empty flat spot for mating if she isnt gravid.

or i could just leave em as is.

im leaning towards the 20 gallon and adding a seperator to the tank if she does in fact deliver a brood.
thoughts,opinions,suggestions,concerns,ideas,rambles

thanks

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: opinions on my emp housing status   opinions on my emp housing status Empty9/23/2011, 5:52 am

im gonna say go for the 20g Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: opinions on my emp housing status   opinions on my emp housing status Empty9/23/2011, 6:34 am

I would just leave them the way it is; The fact he still is alive is enough to say they tolerate each other. Chances are they mated a long time ago already.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: opinions on my emp housing status   opinions on my emp housing status Empty9/23/2011, 6:45 am

We removed our female coz she was being a pain and then we had her covered in babies lol Smile
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: opinions on my emp housing status   opinions on my emp housing status Empty9/23/2011, 2:18 pm

Pluto,hahahaha.that is true.they do tolerate each other.every once in a while they get into little disputes about the main burrow cuz the male is too lazy to go about and make his own or even just hide under the log.

thats what im hoping Bex,if i do a seperation she might drop.she looked like that pic of yours along time ago,tail all droopy but not too fat to where it was obviouslly gravid.

i believe the twenty will help in all aspects.
and also gives me a chance to give these lazy a bigger enviroment.
maybe even add another female.?

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: opinions on my emp housing status   opinions on my emp housing status Empty9/23/2011, 2:22 pm

Yeah go for it! That's what I would do Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: opinions on my emp housing status   opinions on my emp housing status Empty9/23/2011, 10:39 pm

In your scenario, when you're not sure if she's gravid. I'm in for the tank upgrade too.
Main reason is by having a bigger space, it's easier to remove the male when she had babies. And as you have said, you'll be able to place in a proper slate for their mating if she's not gravid at the moment.

You should have the right humidity well taken care of. Wiith ample space and hide provided, you should be all set. Now it's just the waiting game Smile

Gd luck mate!
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: opinions on my emp housing status   opinions on my emp housing status Empty10/17/2011, 2:19 am

i didnt end up getting the 20gallon like i planned that weekend.i noticed my female basking alot more and getting fatter without eating again.
sooo i setup my 5gallon half octagon viv(the h.spinigerus' viv that had sand/clay that was too hard)for my male emp.
he was frequently coming out when i didnt have it ready but now that its all setup the punk wont even come out of the burrow that him and the female share.grrrr im gonna catch him when hes out one of these days.the waiting game.grrr grr grrrrr
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: opinions on my emp housing status   opinions on my emp housing status Empty10/17/2011, 8:51 am

dig him out lol Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: opinions on my emp housing status   opinions on my emp housing status Empty

Back to top Go down

opinions on my emp housing status
Page 1 of 1