The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

question about molting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jfilyau
Centruroides

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2011-07-25

question about molting  Empty
PostSubject: question about molting    question about molting  Empty9/2/2011, 7:40 pm

how often do scorpions molt because i got a second one not long ago and was wandering when it was going to molt into an adult its about a third the size of my adult one
Back to top Go down
takos
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-04-17

PostSubject: Re: question about molting    question about molting  Empty9/3/2011, 4:22 am

depents from the species!buthids grow up faster than the others so they molt more often than others...food and temperature is another reason for scorp to grow faster...can you tell us the name of the scorpion and i think we can tell you Smile
Back to top Go down
jfilyau
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: question about molting    question about molting  Empty9/3/2011, 12:29 pm

well i posted in the emperor zone so i assumed people would think it was an emperor scorpion....
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: question about molting    question about molting  Empty9/3/2011, 8:14 pm

Pictures would help. Typically, juvenile P. imperators have white telsons. As they age, the telson darkens until
they reach adulthood at which point it turns a dark red or brown. If your scorp has a cream colored telson, and
based on its size, I would guess it has a few more molts to go before adulthood. How long these molts will take,
I don't know. My juvenile imp molted about 6 weeks ago and has stayed pretty much hidden since then.
Back to top Go down
jfilyau
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: question about molting    question about molting  Empty9/4/2011, 4:58 pm

i know how to tell when they are an adult and when they are juvenile its telson is still very light and all i wanted to know is how often they molt is all... like the time period in between each molt and how many times they molt
Back to top Go down
jfilyau
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: question about molting    question about molting  Empty9/4/2011, 5:17 pm

im assuming its going to molt soon considering it hardly glows under a black light now?
should i separate it from the bigger scorpion or will it be fine leaving them together? and if i need to separate them how do i get them to come out of there hole under the hide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about molting    question about molting  Empty

Back to top Go down

question about molting
Page 1 of 1