The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Not sure of this one!

Go down 
+7
_scorpio_
Will3
Scorpion19981000
shanos
shebeen
Streettrash
Nukpanna
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Nukpanna
Pandinus
Nukpanna

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Not sure of this one!  Empty
PostSubject: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty8/31/2011, 1:40 pm

soo i stumbled upon this beauty last night. I'm thinking its a Desert Hairy but not 100% sure. Any idea if its Male or Female by chance? I ask because its quite fat looking right now. Thanks in advance! Smile

Not sure of this one!  IMAG0533-1-1

Not sure of this one!  IMAG0544-1

Not sure of this one!  IMAG0535-1
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty8/31/2011, 6:14 pm

It's a hairy. Not sure on the sex. Can you get a close up of the pectines? Nice and clear close up please?
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty8/31/2011, 7:39 pm

+1 on the H. arizonensis. Looks pretty fat too. Maybe getting ready for a molt or, perhaps, gravid?
Back to top Go down
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty8/31/2011, 7:43 pm

defo a hairy lol
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty8/31/2011, 8:33 pm

100% Hadrurus arizonensis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Nukpanna
Pandinus
Nukpanna

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/1/2011, 12:44 am

Okay so here is the best i could do for a shot of the pectines.

Not sure of this one!  IMAG0595

and YAY got me a hairy! cheers thx all!
Back to top Go down
Will3
Babycurus
Will3

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/1/2011, 2:13 am

Hahaha just look at those hairy arms xD
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/1/2011, 11:45 am

Female.
Back to top Go down
Nukpanna
Pandinus
Nukpanna

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/1/2011, 4:18 pm

Thanks Streettrash! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nukpanna
Pandinus
Nukpanna

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/14/2011, 7:34 am

Soooooo guess what! I found another one on my nightly patrols the only thing is I still cant tell the sex of it. Can anyone help with that?? Very Happy This ones slightly larger than the one at the top but not as fat.
Not sure of this one!  Hairy1
Not sure of this one!  Hairy2

Thanks in advance!! Smile
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/14/2011, 8:03 am

Male 99.999%
Back to top Go down
Nukpanna
Pandinus
Nukpanna

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/14/2011, 11:52 am

would it be okay to add him to the terrarium that i have for the female? they wont attack or anything would they??

im sure that i should be keeping them separate habitats unless its alright to just leave them together. They are in a 15 gal tank with 8 inch of substrate all fully baked out. Or should i just let them hang till i can bake out another tank..? I ask this too because i want to try and have them mate.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/14/2011, 1:00 pm

They are cannibalistic. Eventually you'll only have one unless you keep them separate.
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/14/2011, 1:05 pm

Streettrash wrote:
They are cannibalistic. Eventually you'll only have one unless you keep them separate.

This brings me to a question Street.

When mating them, being cannabalistic, how does one do that? Put them together periodically?
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/14/2011, 1:18 pm

I have never tried. They are extremely difficult to raise so not too many people try mating them. I imagine they are somewhat tolerant of each other though. That guy misterm16ge has two in a tank together. I don't know how long he'll have them, but they are both together for now.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/14/2011, 1:22 pm

Peloquin has had two together for quite a while now I think and the last he said was the females looking gravid. As they say though "they're all communal, until they're not" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/14/2011, 1:33 pm

Ah yes, maybe I'll keep watching that thread.
Back to top Go down
Nukpanna
Pandinus
Nukpanna

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/14/2011, 1:37 pm

OH i see! Well i will start baking another tank but for now i want to test and see if they can get along or not. I will keep this thread updated with intel from my finds.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/14/2011, 1:41 pm

They'll get along just fine. I keep solitary species (androctonus) together without having any casualty for a very long time.

Its all in the feeding, burrows and space they get.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Nukpanna
Pandinus
Nukpanna

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/14/2011, 1:48 pm

Should i work on a larger tank or is the 15 gal with 8 inch of substrate adequate for two?
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/15/2011, 8:52 pm

15g is pushing it, I wouldnt go smaller than a 20g with two of those. They like to burrow as far from eachother as possible from what ive seen.
Back to top Go down
Nukpanna
Pandinus
Nukpanna

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/17/2011, 7:13 pm

Okay thanks for the heads up, i do have a 20 gal free and i will start baking it soon. I just had to switch my Atrox to a 30g. so his old tank is up for grabs. just need to get me some ex clay from my local reptile shop on monday. but so far they seem to enjoy digging around.. i can see part of one of their tunnels and at night they run around alot. i watch them with the black light and its a blast.. they are quick in the tunnels. no hostility yet from either of them.. nor have i seen any mating dance.. so i will still keep an eye out for that.
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty9/18/2011, 1:07 pm

You may not need a mating dance. I don't think you'll find many over fed scorpions in the wild. If you find a fat
female, chances are very good she's gravid or approaching a molt. In either case, I'm interested in how it goes.
Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not sure of this one!    Not sure of this one!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Not sure of this one!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpion ID-
Jump to: