The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 

Young Buthus occitanus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solrac1993
Pandinus

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Young Buthus occitanus   8/23/2011, 8:16 pm

Hello everyone, I was looking for snakes and scorpions yesterday and I found two young Buthus occitanus. They both measure 1,8 cm. I already have some experience with scorpions, but I'd still like it if someone could give me some useful information about this species, what to feed young scorpions of this size (maybe fruitflies?), and also their housing, substrate, etc. Currently, I have both of them in the same enclosure (20x15 cm), and as a substrate I use sand that I got from the place where I found them. What I intended was actually to help them grow, so that I could release them into the wild later (perhaps I'll keep one Very Happy ). Thanks!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Young Buthus occitanus   8/24/2011, 8:57 am

Hello handsome

As a rule I feed feeders about the size of their body. They can and will tackle prey 1.5x their size, but thats pushing it. THey easily overpower animals as large as they are.

In your case i wouldnt even feed them pinheads anymore, but small crickets. 1.8cm is not small anymore and my bicolor who are well 1cm feed on crickets size 4-6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee

Young Buthus occitanus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1