The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Tail Position=death?

Go down 
+2
shining
gsmall
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gsmall
Pandinus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-08-03

Tail Position=death? Empty
PostSubject: Tail Position=death?   Tail Position=death? Empty8/15/2011, 1:11 am

Im a little confused/concerned. My emps tail is usually laid to the side but lately i've noticed that instead of the curled looking tail most people think about when they visualize scorpions mine has begun holding its tail out straight just above the ground and occasionally curling the tail. Alternatively when he comes out of the burrow he drags it for a little then lifts it up. Im just confused cause i heard dragging of the tail is usually a sign of the emps time approaching but that the emp usually gets sluggish too. My emp is very active at night and is eating well so im wondering am i over reacting and thats just the way he is or is he on borrowed time?
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Tail Position=death?   Tail Position=death? Empty8/15/2011, 1:26 am

ive never heard of such a thing but im new. i have witnessed my emps do that from time to time and theyre beasts.so i think its normal for it to do it occasionally but if it did it allllll the time and never picked it up id worry.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Tail Position=death?   Tail Position=death? Empty8/15/2011, 4:08 am

What Shiner said :-)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Tail Position=death?   Tail Position=death? Empty8/15/2011, 2:48 pm

it would appear as if when the tail is down, it is very relaxed and at ease, it feels little to no threat of predators.

however, when it is unfamiliar surroundings (eg my hand) the tail is up and it appears to be alert

^my theory
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Tail Position=death?   Tail Position=death? Empty8/15/2011, 9:19 pm

i agree with Tom.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Tail Position=death?   Tail Position=death? Empty8/15/2011, 11:45 pm

When they drag their tail on the ground straight out behind them, it's often an indicator that they are indeed getting old...
Back to top Go down
WyattEarp4137
Babycurus
WyattEarp4137

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Tail Position=death?   Tail Position=death? Empty8/17/2011, 6:36 pm

Old doesn't equal dead though Street. Sorry bro, I hope it all works out good for you. Good luck. :\
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Tail Position=death?   Tail Position=death? Empty8/17/2011, 7:24 pm

Since when Wyatt? Old people die all the time. Looked at the obituaries lately?
Back to top Go down
WyattEarp4137
Babycurus
WyattEarp4137

PostSubject: Re: Tail Position=death?   Tail Position=death? Empty8/17/2011, 7:34 pm

HAHAHA Gee thanks Street. I try to lighten the mood but Nooooo. I just flew a plane with an old guy today who probably has 20 years left in him. Easy.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Tail Position=death?   Tail Position=death? Empty8/17/2011, 8:19 pm

You are a pilot?
Back to top Go down
WyattEarp4137
Babycurus
WyattEarp4137

PostSubject: Re: Tail Position=death?   Tail Position=death? Empty8/17/2011, 8:53 pm

No, I am not. Almost. I like to go flying and I got to fly the search plane for a bit but I myself am not a pilot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tail Position=death?   Tail Position=death? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tail Position=death?
Page 1 of 1