The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

cracked claw/Have some questions/new player

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ScorpioNoob
Pandinus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-08-13

cracked claw/Have some questions/new player Empty
PostSubject: cracked claw/Have some questions/new player   cracked claw/Have some questions/new player Empty8/13/2011, 12:42 am

hi, so i bought an emperor scorpion..today as my first arachnid/insect pet. i have all the setup and diet down, i just have some questions and concerns to address. so first of all this guy seems pretty laid back, very docile in fact. transferring him from store to tank was no problem. pretty damn cool for something that looks so menacing. problem is Ive noticed he has a small fracture on his right claw, near the upper pincer going inward towards the arm, but is very small. worse off is his/her right claw. There is a rounded crack, fairly big it takes up a decent portion of the top part of his/her claw but isnt very deep. looks like is cracked on the surface and no deeper, just a bit pushed in.(almost like it was poked/smashed in with something small). im wondering if this will impact its.. well.. its life! hes about a good 6-8in (head to tail) so im not sure how old, but i dont think young. in short, im wondering if it will fix itself? i hear they dont molt when older, but i wonder if it does that will fix it. any advice on how hardy they are, or what i could do, or if any other info is needed please reply. im new to the game but im ready to step up and do what i can. This scorpion is the [hopscotch], i dont wanna do harm SO HELP ME PLEASE. ill be looking up lots of info on these guys.
Back to top Go down
WyattEarp4137
Babycurus
WyattEarp4137

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: cracked claw/Have some questions/new player   cracked claw/Have some questions/new player Empty8/13/2011, 4:47 am

Howdy and welcome aboard! It's good to have another ne rectuit. Sounds like you have a pretty cool Emp sir, nice. As for the fractured palps, Hmmmm . . . If it is an adult, it most likely is done molting, but if it does happen to molt again, it should correct itself. Sounds like some exo skeleton damage is all. Could you possibly post pics of your emp/it's palps? Is it feeding alright and does it have full use of it's palps? Hope I can help but if I can't someone here definitely will be able to. You're in excellent hands on this forum as far as scorp care goes.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: cracked claw/Have some questions/new player   cracked claw/Have some questions/new player Empty8/13/2011, 5:54 am

If it eats and grabs prey with them its most likely fine. I wouldnt stress him out much by giving him large prey though. Those pincers will always be a weak spot if damaged.

Does het has a red stinger? If so, he will not moult again. If it is white, whitish there is a good chance some things will change for the better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: cracked claw/Have some questions/new player   cracked claw/Have some questions/new player Empty8/13/2011, 8:28 am

if its real bad i would suggest part killing food just to be on the safe side..

welcome to the forum btw

if you could post pics we could say more but without them its hard to tell how bad it is
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: cracked claw/Have some questions/new player   cracked claw/Have some questions/new player Empty8/13/2011, 11:04 am

If he's full grown then no, he'll probably have that damage the rest of his life but he may molt if he isn't full grown and that should fix it. Users here have had emperors with only one pedipalp and chela that do just fine.

Welcome to the forum as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cracked claw/Have some questions/new player   cracked claw/Have some questions/new player Empty

Back to top Go down

cracked claw/Have some questions/new player
Page 1 of 1