The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Pretty weird emp behavior?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ManSpider
Pandinus
ManSpider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-22

Pretty weird emp behavior? Empty
PostSubject: Pretty weird emp behavior?   Pretty weird emp behavior? Empty8/4/2011, 12:43 pm

Hey guys I had a pretty big scare this morning with my emp. I woke up to find her curled up in the front corner of the 10 gallon tank i haver her in out in the open. In broad daylight, I expected the worst and thought she might be dead so I put my hand in the tank near her to see if she would get defensive like she usually does. I was able to stroke her back with no response. Pretty sad right about then thought she was totally dead. Reached in with the tongs to pick her up and she imeadiatly sprang to life scared the crap out of me. cheers The tank set up with hides on the hot and warm side of the encolsure with the warm side heated with a 60w ceramic bulb and I always keep the substrate moist. Why would she choose to sleep out in the open? Is this the sign of a molt or that she is gravid? Im pretty new to keeping scorps and would hate to see her die cuz of a mistake Im making any thoughts???

sorry for the long post!!!!
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Pretty weird emp behavior?   Pretty weird emp behavior? Empty8/4/2011, 12:47 pm

Was she basking in the heat maybe?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Pretty weird emp behavior?   Pretty weird emp behavior? Empty8/4/2011, 12:50 pm

yeah maybe was not warm enough so trying to get closer to the heat source?i dunno critterz dont do the same thing day in day out you need to expect them to do things a little out of the ordinary for them sometimes doesnt mean there is anything wrong Smile

i would put a hide on the cool and the warm side Smile
Back to top Go down
ManSpider
Pandinus
ManSpider

PostSubject: Re: Pretty weird emp behavior?   Pretty weird emp behavior? Empty8/4/2011, 11:26 pm

alrighty thanks for the responses im probably just worrying too much
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Pretty weird emp behavior?   Pretty weird emp behavior? Empty8/5/2011, 12:55 am

Mine curls up directly under the lamp from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Pretty weird emp behavior?   Pretty weird emp behavior? Empty8/5/2011, 12:02 pm

Ours spends most of her out time right under the heat lamp too
Back to top Go down
HELLRAZR
Pandinus

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Pretty weird emp behavior?   Pretty weird emp behavior? Empty8/6/2011, 11:39 pm

mine hang from the mesh side one chills under the plant in the day time it scares me some time but later on ill see her go to her log so im like okay what ever scratch
Back to top Go down
ManSpider
Pandinus
ManSpider

PostSubject: Re: Pretty weird emp behavior?   Pretty weird emp behavior? Empty8/7/2011, 12:31 am

ya alls good you were right Bex just different behavior for awhile she is a gettin pretty plump maybe Lenore is el prego????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pretty weird emp behavior?   Pretty weird emp behavior? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pretty weird emp behavior?
Page 1 of 1