The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!


 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 
 

 I've got a few questions about this guy :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pink Floyd
Pandinus
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Age : 24
Registration date : 2011-07-26

PostSubject: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   7/26/2011, 1:27 am

Hello, folks! I'm very new to this forum and very excited to be a part of it. I found this critter about 4, maybe 5 months ago. It hasn't grown in length only slightly in width. I have researched a bit and come to the conclusion that scorpions don't need to eat much and CAN be over fed, it's important that they have water at all times, though. So I feed him a few tiny crickets once every week or two weeks. In these 5 months, this scorpion has not molted ONCE.


INFO REVIEW:

- Found about 5 months ago in a little dirt tunnel
- This scorpion is from California - SLO County.
- Lives mostly under a woodchip that I provided
- Has not molted
- Very active at night, very fast
- IS ABOUT THE SIZE OF MY TOP PINK "LIMB" (pinky tip) ie; pretty small.
Here are my questions;

What kind of scorpion is he/she?

Does this scorpion molt?

If so, what's the largest size that he/she gets to?

Thank you very much for you time and looking through this thread.


Pictures;

Spoiler:
 


Last edited by Pink Floyd on 7/26/2011, 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DolbyR
Leiurus
avatar

Number of posts : 2097
Age : 35
Location : facebook.com/ScorpionArchives
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   7/26/2011, 2:09 am

Welcome to the forums.
For starters, please provide the location where the scorpion is from. IMO it is in premolt and should be molting soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Pink Floyd
Pandinus
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Age : 24
Registration date : 2011-07-26

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   7/26/2011, 3:44 am

Shoot, forgot to mention that one. This scorpion is from California, SLO County. I will update my Original Post.

He/She has been a little chubby like that for about 2 weeks now, also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streettrash
Androctonus
avatar

Number of posts : 1836
Age : 33
Location : United States
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   7/26/2011, 9:56 am

It's some sort of Vaejovid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pink Floyd
Pandinus
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Age : 24
Registration date : 2011-07-26

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   7/26/2011, 2:12 pm

I asked on Yahoo Answers as well and somebody told me "they grow up to 4 inches and do not molt". Is he foolish or is that possible?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Annababe
Tityus
avatar

Number of posts : 834
Age : 46
Location : Tucson, AZ
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   7/26/2011, 2:25 pm

Paruoctonus sylvestrii?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spinnin_tom
Tityus
avatar

Number of posts : 915
Age : 21
Location : Kent U.K
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   7/26/2011, 2:30 pm

the yahoo answers person is dumb Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pink Floyd
Pandinus
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Age : 24
Registration date : 2011-07-26

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   7/26/2011, 5:03 pm

I don't think this guy will get too much larger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pluto
Leiurus


Number of posts : 2647
Age : 34
Location : Next to Manneke Pis
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   7/26/2011, 5:09 pm

Pink Floyd wrote:
Hello, folks! I'm very new to this forum and very excited to be a part of it. I found this critter about 4, maybe 5 months ago. It hasn't grown in length only slightly in width. I have researched a bit and come to the conclusion that scorpions don't need to eat much and CAN be over fed, it's important that they have water at all times, though. So I feed him a few tiny crickets once every week or two weeks. In these 5 months, this scorpion has not molted ONCE.


INFO REVIEW:

- Found about 5 months ago in a little dirt tunnel
- This scorpion is from California - SLO County.
- Lives mostly under a woodchip that I provided
- Has not molted
- Very active at night, very fast

Aiaiaiai I give up study
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Chrome
Tityus
avatar

Number of posts : 505
Age : 30
Location : western Canada
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   7/26/2011, 10:26 pm

Pink Floyd wrote:
I asked on Yahoo Answers as well and somebody told me "they grow up to 4 inches and do not molt". Is he foolish or is that possible?

Most likely a Vaejovis carolinianus , and yes, that guy is foolish. That's like saying snakes grow to adult without shedding but even more stupid. Or better yet, it's like saying you grew your adult teeth and didn't have baby teeth.

*edit*
And in all my years of scorpion keeping i've never ever heard of a scorpion being over fed, they refuse food when full.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pink Floyd
Pandinus
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Age : 24
Registration date : 2011-07-26

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   7/27/2011, 1:57 am

Chrome wrote:
Pink Floyd wrote:
I asked on Yahoo Answers as well and somebody told me "they grow up to 4 inches and do not molt". Is he foolish or is that possible?

Most likely a Vaejovis carolinianus , and yes, that guy is foolish. That's like saying snakes grow to adult without shedding but even more stupid. Or better yet, it's like saying you grew your adult teeth and didn't have baby teeth.

*edit*
And in all my years of scorpion keeping i've never ever heard of a scorpion being over fed, they refuse food when full.


My friend, I believe you are right. I've been copy pasting these names that people are mentioning and doing some research with images, nature, location, etc. And I'm pretty sure you are dead on. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shining
Parabuthus
avatar

Number of posts : 1161
Age : 32
Location : Phoenix, Arizona
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   7/27/2011, 4:15 am

Pink Floyd is my favorite band!!!!!!!!


cool scorp,welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spinnin_tom
Tityus
avatar

Number of posts : 915
Age : 21
Location : Kent U.K
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   7/27/2011, 12:36 pm

they don't refuse food Very Happy
they are greedy little things.. they are opportunistic as hell (lets assume hell is very opportunistic lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   

Back to top Go down
 
I've got a few questions about this guy :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Some sand questions.
» Cricket Questions from a Newbie!
» composting questions
» Boffer questions...Your steel frames & grid
» Questions about having dog spayed

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpion ID-
Jump to: