The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

I've got a few questions about this guy :)

Go down 
+4
Annababe
Streettrash
DolbyR
Pink Floyd
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pink Floyd
Pandinus
Pink Floyd

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-07-26

I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty
PostSubject: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty7/26/2011, 1:27 am

Hello, folks! I'm very new to this forum and very excited to be a part of it. I found this critter about 4, maybe 5 months ago. It hasn't grown in length only slightly in width. I have researched a bit and come to the conclusion that scorpions don't need to eat much and CAN be over fed, it's important that they have water at all times, though. So I feed him a few tiny crickets once every week or two weeks. In these 5 months, this scorpion has not molted ONCE.

INFO REVIEW:

- Found about 5 months ago in a little dirt tunnel
- This scorpion is from California - SLO County.
- Lives mostly under a woodchip that I provided
- Has not molted
- Very active at night, very fast
- IS ABOUT THE SIZE OF MY TOP PINK "LIMB" (pinky tip) ie; pretty small.
Here are my questions;

What kind of scorpion is he/she?

Does this scorpion molt?

If so, what's the largest size that he/she gets to?

Thank you very much for you time and looking through this thread.

Pictures;

Spoiler:

Last edited by Pink Floyd on 7/26/2011, 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty7/26/2011, 2:09 am

Welcome to the forums.
For starters, please provide the location where the scorpion is from. IMO it is in premolt and should be molting soon.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Pink Floyd
Pandinus
Pink Floyd

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty7/26/2011, 3:44 am

Shoot, forgot to mention that one. This scorpion is from California, SLO County. I will update my Original Post.

He/She has been a little chubby like that for about 2 weeks now, also.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty7/26/2011, 9:56 am

It's some sort of Vaejovid
Back to top Go down
Pink Floyd
Pandinus
Pink Floyd

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty7/26/2011, 2:12 pm

I asked on Yahoo Answers as well and somebody told me "they grow up to 4 inches and do not molt". Is he foolish or is that possible?
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty7/26/2011, 2:25 pm

Paruoctonus sylvestrii?
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty7/26/2011, 2:30 pm

the yahoo answers person is dumb Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pink Floyd
Pandinus
Pink Floyd

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty7/26/2011, 5:03 pm

I don't think this guy will get too much larger.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty7/26/2011, 5:09 pm

Pink Floyd wrote:
Hello, folks! I'm very new to this forum and very excited to be a part of it. I found this critter about 4, maybe 5 months ago. It hasn't grown in length only slightly in width. I have researched a bit and come to the conclusion that scorpions don't need to eat much and CAN be over fed, it's important that they have water at all times, though. So I feed him a few tiny crickets once every week or two weeks. In these 5 months, this scorpion has not molted ONCE.

INFO REVIEW:

- Found about 5 months ago in a little dirt tunnel
- This scorpion is from California - SLO County.
- Lives mostly under a woodchip that I provided
- Has not molted
- Very active at night, very fast

Aiaiaiai I give up study
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty7/26/2011, 10:26 pm

Pink Floyd wrote:
I asked on Yahoo Answers as well and somebody told me "they grow up to 4 inches and do not molt". Is he foolish or is that possible?

Most likely a Vaejovis carolinianus , and yes, that guy is foolish. That's like saying snakes grow to adult without shedding but even more stupid. Or better yet, it's like saying you grew your adult teeth and didn't have baby teeth.

*edit*
And in all my years of scorpion keeping i've never ever heard of a scorpion being over fed, they refuse food when full.
Back to top Go down
Pink Floyd
Pandinus
Pink Floyd

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty7/27/2011, 1:57 am

Chrome wrote:
Pink Floyd wrote:

Most likely a Vaejovis carolinianus , and yes, that guy is foolish. That's like saying snakes grow to adult without shedding but even more stupid. Or better yet, it's like saying you grew your adult teeth and didn't have baby teeth.

*edit*
And in all my years of scorpion keeping i've never ever heard of a scorpion being over fed, they refuse food when full.

My friend, I believe you are right. I've been copy pasting these names that people are mentioning and doing some research with images, nature, location, etc. And I'm pretty sure you are dead on. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty7/27/2011, 4:15 am

Pink Floyd is my favorite band!!!!!!!!

cool scorp,welcome.
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty7/27/2011, 12:36 pm

they don't refuse food Very Happy
they are greedy little things.. they are opportunistic as hell (lets assume hell is very opportunistic lol)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've got a few questions about this guy :)   I've got a few questions about this guy :) Empty

Back to top Go down

I've got a few questions about this guy :)
Page 1 of 1