The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ManicDan
Centruroides
ManicDan

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus?   Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus? Empty5/10/2008, 11:38 pm

Hey guys, I got to here through AB, thought I'd finally start a thread here with this (some of the same) community. Does anyone know of anyone who's been successful breeding Pandinus Cavimanus (Tanzanian Red Claw Emperor)? I think I have a female (possibly adult) and I really have been wanting a male, and possibly breed them. I am aware that they're quite hostiel and territorial, so they would not live in the same enclosure (perhaps in a large tank sectioned by plastic or mesh). I guess I could only hope they like each other and breed before fighting and then seperation... Another hope is that my female is inface full grown, wild caught, and potentially gravid.

So in short, if anyone has any strange Red Claw info, or success stories with breeding them please feel free to share your knowledge with me. Or if anyone knows a captive bred breeder or P Cavs I would like the direction in that please

Thanks pig
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus?   Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus? Empty5/10/2008, 11:58 pm

No help to offer just yet, but I've got ambitions. I have an immature pair that I'm going to breed once they hit maturity. But being as they're a Pandinus species, it may be a while before that final molt.
Back to top Go down
ManicDan
Centruroides
ManicDan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus?   Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus? Empty5/11/2008, 12:35 am

Ayup, I'm not in a position where I could start a breeding program... but depending on ages I could start now, and have it be ready to go once I have a home home (at college right now, so a lot of potential moving around after next year). I'm excited to breed my current one at some point, whether male or female, Tenacious has splendid coloration. Maybe once we both get on the CB P Cav Train we can trade some to keep the genes fresh =)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus?   Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus? Empty5/11/2008, 12:48 am

Well, when mine get around to breeding, I'll be sure to send a few your way to keep the genes healthy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ManicDan
Centruroides
ManicDan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus?   Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus? Empty5/11/2008, 12:54 am

Awesome. I think of the more available of the exotic species the red claws are so appealing to me, can't wait to be in the position to get as many inverts and reptiles as I can have room for, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus?   Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus? Empty5/11/2008, 1:09 am

It's always exciting to expand. What a Face

Getting your own place while in college makes that a lot easier -- my invert collection was pretty small living in the dorms and I never got scorpions until I got my own place.
Back to top Go down
ManicDan
Centruroides
ManicDan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus?   Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus? Empty5/11/2008, 1:13 am

In the dorms I resided in from freshman and sophomore year we couldn't have anything but fish... (we had lizards, two anoles and a local caught Mediterranean gecko). I didn't waste much time after getting a house, hehe. Now if only my funds allow it, I'd expand just a touch hehe
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus?   Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus? Empty5/11/2008, 2:22 am

Why dont you ask your reptile and invert shop nearest to you? they might know someone who breeds pandinus cavimanus or other scorpions for that matter.
CB do turn up in shops from time to time

xxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
ManicDan
Centruroides
ManicDan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus?   Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus? Empty5/11/2008, 7:01 am

they don't know any breeders... and no special requests beyond species so getting a male or a female would be all chance... already though o that, but thanks though Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus?   Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone know of Captive Bred P. Cavimanus?
Page 1 of 1