The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

this t has caught my attention

Go down 
+5
Scorpioooo
Cyanide
spinnin_tom
Peloquin
shining
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

this t has caught my attention Empty
PostSubject: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/8/2011, 1:50 am

Back to top Go down
Peloquin
Babycurus
Peloquin

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/8/2011, 3:16 am

Ballache of a spider. Bloody things drop dead like all the other Avics and worse, they run up your arm every time you open the top of the tub to feed/ squirt them.
They look pretty if you like colourful spiders, are pretty small and pretty easy to breed.
Usually pretty easy to find spiderlings and not too expencive.
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/8/2011, 5:06 am

but as pel said... SADS or better, PAHS is a good way to describe what seems to happen with Avics. i'm not going to get any, spids are supposed to be bad [buttocks] and not just randomly die. give me a Grammostola or a Flicky any day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/8/2011, 5:51 am

There is a probability that it will die for no reason yeah But they are pretty cool coloured and Are quite fast arboreals and it won't just stand there like a retarded Rosie. So you get the fun of it bolting up you and other places. I don't have one but have been looking into it and picking up info. I'd get a couple of slings so I can see them molt through different colours. Maybe even get a survivor that I'd call bear grylls. Ha.
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/8/2011, 6:12 am

how dare you insult chile rose GRRRR Razz
yes avics look nice, but they are as cyanide said, arboreal. you will have to be on the look out in their viv. half the time they will hide... i'd rather get something else..
and Bear Grylls is a good spider name mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/8/2011, 4:21 pm

wellll i could possibly trade someone some of my barks from a different site that has a bunch of these slings.
Very Happy
thats sad they have crappy life span though..
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/8/2011, 4:30 pm

You can catch more barks so I'd do it.
Back to top Go down
Scorpioooo
Centruroides
Scorpioooo

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2011-02-04

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/8/2011, 7:36 pm

the adults look awesome. i didnt know that avics die randomly until my avic avic died about a week ago . one day it was ok and hen i looked the next day it was curled up in a ball and dead :/ i allso have a chile rose
Back to top Go down
leiurusSaleen820
Babycurus
leiurusSaleen820

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/9/2011, 12:33 am

Shining I'm not an expert on T's by far , just got into them really a little over a month ago but I got a couple Avic slings 1 Urticans and 1 versicolor and after the first week of doing everything my buddy told me to do the urticans dropped dead. The night before it was fine even crawling around my arm fine and even ate, so I can attest to them dropping dead unexpectedly. But for as cheap as they are for slings I went back and picked up 3 more and they're all fine actually molted twice since. My versicolor though I've had no probs with it's double the size when I got it and it has an awesome blue color to it. They really are beautiful T's and for as cheap as slings are I'd take the chance and pick up a couple if I were you. No matter what you get at a pet store their is always a chance it could die.
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/9/2011, 4:15 am

^ you can't think it's cheap so it doesn't matter if it dies. it's a life, which needs to be cherished. these are the sort of things which don't belong in the pet trade.
Back to top Go down
leiurusSaleen820
Babycurus
leiurusSaleen820

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/9/2011, 12:47 pm

spinnin tom

That's not what I meant when I said they are cheap. I do value them in fact I was sad when mine died as I am with all my animals, and I even keep it with all the other little guy's I've lost over the years (scorps). I was simply stating that if he gets one and try's hard to take care of it and it does die it isn't as bad as if he were to pay $100 for it as an adult and it dies a week later.
I do agree with you on the fact that it is a life and needs to be taken care of, my wife works at a vet hospital and everyday she comes home and tells me about some piece of S H I T that doesn't take care of their animals and it pisses me off. If you don't want to take care of it then you shouldn't get them so I agree with you and yes it does matter if it dies.
Back to top Go down
Kweegwin
Centruroides
Kweegwin

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/9/2011, 2:41 pm

I bought one of these little guys about a month ago. Its 1.5 inches right now. It molted once right before I bought it (the molt was still in the web). Its a beautiful looking spider. But don't get too attached to the colouring. The adult versicolor looks like this:

this t has caught my attention Versic10

Still pretty bad [buttocks].
When this one dies, I want to get one thats more docile, so I can handle it more often.
These little guys are quick, and frighten easily.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/9/2011, 2:43 pm

crazy crazy colors. Even though they are hard to keep I do like them from a viewing perspective...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/9/2011, 4:09 pm

saleen i knew what you meant..
wow.the colors the colors!
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/9/2011, 5:53 pm

They are cool looking spiders.

I will definitely buy one of these over the coming months. More Murinus's and a H Maculata. Maybe another feather leg. Then an avic.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/10/2011, 5:40 am

Well not many things beat Hmacs.. so yes i can relate Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/10/2011, 12:56 pm

Yep I was trying to get a H Minax but can't find one. So the H Mac is top of my list. Will probably grab some slings with it. H Lividum and P Regalis maybe. Deffo a Maculata =D
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/11/2011, 5:53 am

ok i did a lil research and asking around other sites.if the girl who has these doesnt wanna trade some babies, ill definitely get a green bottle blue for sure!
and that also benefits you guys,more sculpts for you!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/11/2011, 9:07 am

Dude get an obt as well. They're awesome spiders. Nothing better than a Ginger spider.
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/11/2011, 9:15 pm

uhh whats the full obt name?
ill check em out.

i wont be getting one for a couple months so i got plenty of time to do all the research and keep the sculpt brood from eating each other.
i got a tackle box to seperate some and break down how many are in the main viv,i seen the mom lastnight and the babies are growing lovely and more defined and crawling around on her back,so cute.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/11/2011, 9:51 pm

Pterinochilus murinus is the OBT. Orange Bitey Thing replaced Orange Baboon Tarantula. Also known as P terror, and Usambara orange baboon.

There are also a few different color forms of them, but orange is easiest to find. If you see a shop selling a Mombassa golden starburst, it'll be P. murinus, but the gold color form. There is also a dark form, and a traditional tan form as well I believe with regional variations/highlands/lowlands etc.

They are awesome. You will NOT be disappointed by them.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/11/2011, 9:57 pm

Here's a feeding vid for P. murinus

Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/11/2011, 10:41 pm

wow i love the feeding response and accuracy of the p.murinus.
amazing
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/11/2011, 10:52 pm

hahahaha orange bitey thing!
thats hilarious,it looks way more active than the gbb from the vids ive seen.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty7/11/2011, 10:57 pm

Seriously. Awesome spiders. They will adapt to any spider habits as well. They can be kept as arboreals, will dig burrows, or accept a hide. Each spider has it's preference. I've noted that they experiment a bit as they grow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this t has caught my attention   this t has caught my attention Empty

Back to top Go down

this t has caught my attention
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next