The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

cricket predicament and greedy female

Go down 
+5
*~BEX~*
Will3
pluto
Roblicious
shining
9 posters
AuthorMessage
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

cricket predicament and greedy female Empty
PostSubject: cricket predicament and greedy female   cricket predicament and greedy female Empty6/22/2011, 11:57 pm

this past weekend i bought 20 crickets that shouldve lasted two weeks.one week has passed and im down to freaking three crickets,some were eaten and some just died.my check this week is all for one fat bill and i dont think ill have enough change to get more crickets til next weekend,im not sure though cause tomorrows pay day.i have the three crickets and leftover fuzzy mice i was planning to give just as a treat.sheesh next week im definately going to buy another cricket enclosure and super stock both cricket houses so i dont ever have this problem again.
any suggestions or words of wisdom for this predicament?

my female emp used to share "her" burrow on the warm side with the male now shes just a female dog. i added another flat stone and started a burrow under it for the male so he didnt have to share on the warm side.he doesnt use it and just goes to the far end flat stone burrow on the cool side.
should i seperate them?is my male comfortable on the cooler side above substrate 77-81 degrees.
should i put the heat lamp directing to the middle of the enclosure to evenly distribute the heat?
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: cricket predicament and greedy female   cricket predicament and greedy female Empty6/23/2011, 2:50 am

you only need to feed your scorpions about once a week, they can go months without food. 3 crickets should be fine for 2 weeks if you ask me
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: cricket predicament and greedy female   cricket predicament and greedy female Empty6/23/2011, 2:58 am

Oh shining I can only say if you are staying with crickets (i need to because someone here hates roaches) that you buy just enough for one week.

These things die very quickly, they stink and what not.

I'd say, if it is a huuuuge scorpion 3 crickets a week are more than enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Will3
Babycurus
Will3

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: cricket predicament and greedy female   cricket predicament and greedy female Empty6/23/2011, 8:50 am

Start breeding Blaptica dubia and Shellfordela lateralis, problem solved.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: cricket predicament and greedy female   cricket predicament and greedy female Empty6/23/2011, 9:22 am

Are they adults? i say this as if the female is suddenly b i t c h y may be due to her being gravid Smile

do you feed your crickets?
Back to top Go down
Kweegwin
Centruroides
Kweegwin

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: cricket predicament and greedy female   cricket predicament and greedy female Empty6/23/2011, 12:48 pm

I have 2 emperors and 3 Bark scorpions, as well as a tarantula.

When I run out of food, I usually buy 6 large (for my emps), and 12 mediums for the rest of my creatures.

This lasts me about 2 weeks. Extra crickets aren't necessary, they have a short life span in a box.
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: cricket predicament and greedy female   cricket predicament and greedy female Empty6/24/2011, 1:48 am

yay.i had enough to pick up some more crickets tonight.phewwww.but not enough left over for cigs.oh well,my babies come first.im prepared for a long broke weekend and week ahead of me,at least all my responsibilities are taken care of and fed.

i live with people who hate cochroaches(i hate em too) as well but whatever,they also hate snakes and scorpions that i love.that would be awesome to breed some roaches but im sure i would have more than enough roaches to handle.
what would i keep a colony of roaches in?where would i get em?feed em?
i dont like the faster ones as i dont want to lose a couple trying to get one out and have em running around my room when i sleep and in my clothes.ewwwahwehhh.

the female was always rude to him but even more so now,kinda like my babys mama.
should i get another ten gallon and hook him up with his own pad?set the two tanks up side by side and let em share the lamp?

and yeah i feed the crickets dog food,cat food,fish food,lettuce,potatoes sometimes,and flukers cricket quencher.its calcium fortified is that bad??
Back to top Go down
69wishes
Centruroides
69wishes

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: cricket predicament and greedy female   cricket predicament and greedy female Empty6/24/2011, 2:53 am

Wow Shining...Im pretty much the new chick when it comes to Scorps but Id say maybe youre seriously overfeeding your babies?
I have a tank w/12 C. Sculpts in it & I give em 18 crickets every 2 wks..I do toss in whatever I find in the yard though....
Back to top Go down
Will3
Babycurus
Will3

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: cricket predicament and greedy female   cricket predicament and greedy female Empty6/24/2011, 5:11 am

For breeding roaches all you need is a rubbermaid container, a few egg cartons (the ones that have no lid), the roaches, the chicken food and fruits and vegetables for moisture.
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: cricket predicament and greedy female   cricket predicament and greedy female Empty6/24/2011, 9:59 am

Dog biscuits. I bought a small flat faunarium and dump the crix in. I give them some damp
Substrate and some shredded carrot, banana. Give them a lil heat and the tiny crickets start appearing. I take them out and put them in a regular cricket tub. These tiny crickets seem to scare the crap out of my slings. I even smashed one of their heads in bit no avail. Spider wasn't interested. As for my cavimanus I think it ate a cricket for the 1st time because it's
MIA. The murinus, that thing eats anything. It's smart and knows to grab the crick from the head witha mind bogglingly quick strike. I put a wood louse in to eat the dead crux but the crickets made short work of it lol. I'm not expert on crickets but they breed like the Chinese.

I'm considering a roach colony. And a bean weav colony. Just for more bugs to learn about.

Hope any of that makes sense and slightly helpful.
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: cricket predicament and greedy female   cricket predicament and greedy female Empty6/24/2011, 1:28 pm

thanks any bit of knowledge helps.
where do i get these roaches?what size tub??
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: cricket predicament and greedy female   cricket predicament and greedy female Empty6/28/2011, 12:31 pm

dude i have a 4i-5i ( i dont remember what instar it is atm) but itll eat atleast 6 large crickets in a matter of 12 hrs. If youre worried about overfeeding, than dont feed it, i feed mine every 2 weeks and they both eat everything in the tank with no problems.

as for the crickets and roach questions, i cant answer those seeing as how i live 5 mins from a pet store that refuses to run out of crickets =)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cricket predicament and greedy female   cricket predicament and greedy female Empty

Back to top Go down

cricket predicament and greedy female
Page 1 of 1