The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)

Go down 
+4
pluto
spinnin_tom
Scorpioooo
Joe
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/18/2011, 11:36 pm

Oh yes. I forgot I said that!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 2:37 am

BIG mistake!!! Street uses snapped colarbones to pick his teeth with, which he doesnt throw away after he is done picking his razorsharp teehtcrones, no sir.. he swallows them!

He eats babies for lunch and adults for supper!

He is THE streettrash!

I lol at his avatar too though. Worst scene in moviehistory!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 11:11 am

The BEST worst scene ever.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Pandinus
Joe

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-06-18

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 11:46 am

Well guys I think I've found what I was looking for Wink
http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/insect/product_info.php?products_id=636
http://www.virginiacheeseman.co.uk/scorpions-c-32.html
Now it's a matter of getting the set-up sorted, I'll get it cleaned and set-up for some scorpions and post pictures here as I go along.
I really like the look of those S. Mauras but if there is anything better that you guys can think of on those sites, let me know ! Smile
Joe
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 12:35 pm

Go with what you desire! You'll take better care of them if they are exactly what you want. Just remember that once you open this door, it usually stays open....
Back to top Go down
Joe
Pandinus
Joe

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 1:55 pm

I learned that quickly with snakes....I have an odd feeling I'll be over run with scorpions soon Razz
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 2:25 pm

Will be hard since bex owns every scorpion in the uk and Ireland....

I've been on the spidershop eyeing those maurus too mate. But being wild caught is a little off putting for me. I'm ordering some T pots tonight. Will probably grab a sling or two. Maybe 1 maurus just to check it out. Don't wanna buy a few and they got Parasites or whatever. Plus they belong in the wild.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 2:33 pm

Lol no I don't hehehe you will find nearly all maurus are wild caught they are hardly ever bred in captivity Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe
Pandinus
Joe

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 2:48 pm

Yeah that's put me off slightly also but I might get one and keep it in a small lunchbox type set-up and see how it does and if it's ok, I'll get more and do the same and then see how they do in the big viv.

I'm also ordering another P. Cambridgei tomorrow mate, if your looking for any new t's check out this site is spiderzinc.co.uk, I haven't bought off him yet but know plenty who have and he has decent prices and he's helpful as can be and his packaging is apparently very good too.

@Bex...modest Razz haha
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:07 pm

well we have had 3 for nearly a year now they was wild caught and they are doing fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:12 pm

I checked the site. Pretty good prices. I'm eyeing up a feather legged baboon untill a minax pops up somewhere. And £8.00 isn't a lot of Money.

Bex you have maurus scorps? Are the ever aggressive towards each other? I might order 2 I have a spare faunarium that they can live in for now.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:18 pm

yeah we have 3 scorpio maurus but we keep them seperatly so have no idea if they are aggressive towards each other, we will find out at some point though as we plan to breed them once they reach adult Smile

New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 IMG_0682
New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 IMG_1787
New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 IMG_1985
New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 IMG_1788
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:28 pm

Oh hey it's that awesome little guy. How big do they get and would a large faunarium be suitable? Do you have a pic of the entire enclosure for it?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:37 pm

this is my maurus tank (black sand) and the other two are normal sand, i think they would do fine in small tanks but they do love to burrow like crazy Smile they dont get that big in size adult size is 1.5-2.5 inches ours is about and inch to inch and a half i think

New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 IMG_1857
New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 IMG_1852
New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 IMG_1791
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:40 pm

Look at the midget hole in the center of the black sand. These little guys rock. Seriously they got attitude. I like them very much Bex, and I like the enclosures.

Dont worrie. When they get adult you can put them together easily without worries.
Just make sure its couples.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:42 pm

Thank you Smile

Theres holes everywhere now lol the tanks end up like ant farms they seriously love to dig cant wait to get them together Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:43 pm

Lol I have one more spot for a different species. It is between Maurus or H. Tamulus.

Cant decide yet, but ur pictures make me biased to maurus
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:45 pm

oooh tamulus are hot lolz think you would have to go with them hehehe sure you could make space for both lolz Razz
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:47 pm

Nah, a second Androctonus Crassicauda is on the way.. and I need to keep a breeding tank for the Mauritanicus later on. So only 1 spot left
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:48 pm

how big a spot lol ?
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:49 pm

30 wide 30 deep 25 high... thats like 12x12x10
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:51 pm

ah you could fi 2 little tanks in there lolz Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:53 pm

Hmmmmm you evil thing you. See now I got that in my mind too!
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:54 pm

go for it they dont need that much space lol Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty6/19/2011, 3:55 pm

sold bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)   New member, have an idea for a cool little project :) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New member, have an idea for a cool little project :)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next