The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri

Go down 
+3
Peloquin
Streettrash
*~BEX~*
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty
PostSubject: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 4:35 pm

RIP Lost our B.burmeisteri today Sad he has never really been right and has never even eaten funny thing is he came with the c.keyserlingi we got from martin which also was never right and died a few weeks ago Sad

on closer inspection of this guy his pectines are cleary damaged/half gone.... any ideas how or why this would be?

like i said he has always been very sluggish which always made us think something was wrong as these guys are meant to be quite feisty from what ive read...also we didnt really expect him to last more than a day as when he arrived we initially thought he was dead as he had tail dead flat and remained like this for a few days then he picked up a bit but never fully came alive kinda thing Sad

Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri IMG_0657

Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri IMG_0659

Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri IMG_0660
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 4:37 pm

Aw, that's too bad Bex. Something is definitely not right there, but as to what it is, I couldn't say.

Sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 4:41 pm

thanx street its sucks this lil dude looked awesome but it wasnt meant to be...funny thing is this was a messed up order initially too Smile we ordered a C.keyserlingi and a Brachistosternus sp and the keyserlingi and this lil fella turned up lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Peloquin
Babycurus
Peloquin

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 4:42 pm

Some sources are just better to not buy off.
Ooh I'm diplomatic when I try aint I?
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 4:43 pm

It's a cool little beast to be sure. Do the pectines look rotted off, or more like rubbed off?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 4:47 pm

Peloquin wrote:
Some sources are just better to not buy off.
Ooh I'm diplomatic when I try aint I?

lol you are indeed we havent ordered from him much recently decided to onlt order if he had something rare or something we couldnt get anywhere else, cant be dealing with messed up orders (3 times he has messed our order up) and poorly scorps are never good Sad

Streettrash wrote:
It's a cool little beast to be sure. Do the pectines look rotted off, or more like rubbed off?

kinda look rotted and rubbed maybe he was kept to moist before we got him i dont think we checked him over really as he appeared to be stressed/ill when he arrived we just put him in his home and left him too it and never thought to check after, but he never ate at all Sad trying to work out when we got him need to check post i did.....
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 4:51 pm

Was feb 16th we got him so not had him that long Sad

https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t5887-can-you-id-this-for-me-please
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 4:51 pm

Sorry to see that happening!
I can only imagine the pectines getting eaten away by crickets when she died?

He might have been old?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 4:55 pm

we are thinking maybe it was age as he was just generally slow and tired...oh well another one gone....on the plus side a spare tank for another one lolz Smile
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 5:05 pm

Put a parabuthus in there.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 5:07 pm

Make sure you empty the cage first if you do, even devoid of imperators, or it will eat them.. take a Villosus, good match for an imperator Viking
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 5:13 pm

Cyanide wrote:
Put a parabuthus in there.

I wish Smile
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 5:22 pm

A P Murinus.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 5:26 pm

am getting some C. marshalli (Straight/ Greater horned baboon) soon but they are goone be tincy things so cant put them in lol
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 5:43 pm

Ah right. The horned baboons are very cool.

What scorpions are generally very feisty?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 5:53 pm

what non dwa you mean lol?
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 5:58 pm

Yeah non DWA.

I've always wondered why horned baboons actually have a horn.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 6:26 pm

lol I have no idea, um feisty non Dwa scorp our H.mysorensis is quite feisty for a het oh P.caves are very feisty, our swammerdami always has a go at menwhen I go anywhere near it lol
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/11/2011, 6:42 pm

I have just lost my Paleochelcotonus pauliani from Martin. Only had it a couple of months. Again like your Bothriurus it arrived acting a liitle dodgy. It ate maybe a couple of times but never seemed a 100%. When I found it I noticed that 3 of it's spiracles looked weird. They had a yellowy coloured cap kind of thing on them. Not a clue what it was and I have never seen it on a scorpion before. Not sure whether it was because I hadn't checked under it's hide for a few days and it was some kind of mold. Any suggestions lol?
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/12/2011, 7:10 am

Condolence Bex Sad

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/12/2011, 7:13 am

Thanx,

Callum it seems like quite a few people have had bad stock and messed up orders from martin now Sad ive also heard bad things about him, and about his messy stalls at shows and stuff but ive never seen for myself
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/12/2011, 7:18 am

Who is Martin?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/12/2011, 7:38 am

The guy from bugzuk.com
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/12/2011, 10:54 am

So don't buy from bugsuk?

Yeah my p cav is pretty psycho. He will jump into defence at the slightest thing. I seem him attack leaves he was walking on. Got himself a temper. Still hasn't ate anything. Just kills it. Looks like he's getting fat so probably due a molt?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty6/12/2011, 11:09 am

i dunno we have had some good stuff from martin but getting bad stuff just puts you iff doesn't it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri   Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri Empty

Back to top Go down

Rip Bothriurus burmeisteri
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpions In General-
Jump to: