The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Which scorpion has most painful sting.

Go down 
+4
Neal
Streettrash
pluto
Cyanide
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-05-29

Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty
PostSubject: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/2/2011, 7:37 pm

Topic.

Not the most lethal. Most painful. An Inland Taipans bite is apparently like a very soft touch. But puts you in a world of .....
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/2/2011, 8:12 pm

Well mate, tbh that is something very subjective.
It would also take a person that readily wants to get stung by, what 2000 species of scorpions.

Lets exclude some and say only Buthid have the power to put you on your arse for a few hours. Out of those, only a few can be medically important.

I would suggest, those are also the most painful. As for mechanical damage in a sting I think Aa would be tied with Parabuthus species for their huge telson.

As I said before on the boards, I would rather get stung by an andro than by a Parabuthus.
My vote for most painfull goes for Aa's though. I have no idea about Leiurus so...

So in short, I don't think we have a clue Embarassed
Good question though, anyone share their thoughts? cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/2/2011, 8:26 pm

I hear that Hottentotta tamulus if pretty brutal. The effects can kill you, and can last for days with a false healing period where you think you're cool, but BAM! You are on your back again.
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/2/2011, 9:53 pm

Yeah hottentotta tamulus is a badass. Just read a few articles. They really mess you up huh.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/2/2011, 10:12 pm

Yes sir. Pretty brutal. I want some! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/3/2011, 2:47 am

I can agree with everything but the thicker metasomas. Nothing beats Androctonus metasomas on thickness and overall brawny nature. Their common name even refers to this being "fat tails"

I might say Australis and Mauriticanus are a tie. However more people died from Australis because of its nature to tend to be around people.
From lists, its goes like this, A australis, Leiurus Q, Tityus Obscurus/Serrulatus..

From LD 50 numbers it is Leiurus, A. Australis = A Maureticanus.

I do believe Parabuthus are highly underrated (just as Hottentotta species are). I believe they are in the same ballpark
See the sting reports on Arachnoboards where someone got tagged by one of the smaller Parabuthus species and HAD to go to hospital with systemic envenomation for 3 days whereas a Bicolor sting, only hurt for like 6 hours without the need to go to the hospital.

Of course this is all personal as each of us have other reactions to chemicals.

Now the question was which scorpion sting HURTS the most, not the most dangerous sting.
I have to say that tamulus chap sounds nasty idd.

As for the biggest telsons around I keep my head clear and stick with it. Size related nothing beat A a stingers and Parabuthus to say the least. They have, relative to their size, HUGE stingers.

I don't like hearsay and 'parroting'. The most easy way to spread lies. Lets put it to the test!

Last edited by pluto on 6/3/2011, 3:28 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/3/2011, 2:49 am

Hmm just sharing this guys Smile

When I had the chance to talk to one of my dealers here, he said that Tityus Stigmurus venom lvl could reach up to lvl 7

He said its sting could be nastier than of Andros and Lq's

But I cant find any proof of lvl 7 venom in the net so...

What do you think guys?
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/3/2011, 2:55 am

Doubt it Smile

But they are pretty dangerous for the people from where they originate!
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/3/2011, 3:07 am

I don't know of a study on pain. Either way, people will react differently to the differing venom and there are also differing levels of pain tolerance per person so it makes it difficult to figure out. The best we can do is be the test subjects and average out the levels of pain to find which one hurts the most Laughing
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/3/2011, 3:25 am

Who is volunteering? Suspect
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/3/2011, 3:54 am

Well, I know with centipedes people have tried to guess the most painful bite through trial and error haha. There's this guy who lets his pedes bite him and then he writes a report on it. I guess it's useful to use the info from people who have gotten stung to gauge the pain levels of the scorpions. It's also a bit tricky when you're dealing with adult vs scorpling stings and also you don't know how much venom the scorp has pumped into you. Some stings are reported as "hollow stings." It's not very accurate, but may give us a better sense at least. All I know is the C. gracilis that stung me didn't hurt at all so I rate it a 1/5 for pain level haha.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/3/2011, 4:15 am

Cool thats a first! lol

Well to be sure you got envenomated I propose to get stung at least 5 times by a species, to make an objective opinion about it.
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/3/2011, 5:23 am

pluto wrote:
Who is volunteering? Suspect

+1 to bro pluto Smile

Who wants to give it a try Smile hahahah nice one dude Smile
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/3/2011, 7:06 am

The tamulus sounds the most painful so far. The pain comes from the venom being injected. So ill look into the types of venom. Like I said the most lethal isn't necessarily the most painful.

Who has the biggest collection of crazy scorpions? Make YouTube videos of you getting tagged by em. 5 stings is the key number! And then explain what it feels like. You'll get a million hits.

Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/3/2011, 7:10 am

[quote=" Who has the biggest collection of crazy scorpions? Make YouTube videos of you getting tagged by em. 5 stings is the key number! And then explain what it feels like. You'll get a million hits.

[/quote]

I think GS has a wide variety of scorps here Smile and bex Smile

about the video uhmmmm its a good way to make money and became instant famous though you have to be first immune with scorpion venom Smile

Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/3/2011, 7:13 am

Cyanide wrote:
Who has the biggest collection of crazy scorpions? Make YouTube videos of you getting tagged by em. 5 stings is the key number! And then explain what it feels like. You'll get a million hits.

i think GS and Bex does have a wide variety of scorps Smile

About the video uhmm it would make the volunteer an instant world wide famous "scorp celebrity" and make a lot of money though you have to be immune in scorpion venoms Smile
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/3/2011, 7:23 am

On another note. Did you know you can use various venoms to get high. Same with poisons such as arsenic and KCN, hemlock etc.

"hey man, pass the cobra"
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/3/2011, 8:27 am

Cyanide wrote:
On another note. Did you know you can use various venoms to get high. Same with poisons such as arsenic and KCN, hemlock etc.

"hey man, pass the cobra"

sorry for the double post Smile

about the "high" thing , now I knew why so many people can get high w/o cocs or weeds Smile Just get stung or be bitten and there yah go floating in the clouds Smile
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/7/2011, 5:47 pm

THE WORST ONE IS THE ONE THAT YOU JUST GOT STUNG BY !!!!!!!!! I LIKE TO SAY!!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
leiurusSaleen820
Babycurus
leiurusSaleen820

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty6/15/2011, 3:28 am

Neal what happened to your friend who got tagged by the deathstalker?
Hospital? Antivenom? Just curious if God forbid it ever happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which scorpion has most painful sting.    Which scorpion has most painful sting.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Which scorpion has most painful sting.
Page 1 of 1