The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

sexing emperor

Go down 
+2
*~BEX~*
shining
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty6/17/2011, 10:07 am

My male stung my tweezers.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty6/17/2011, 10:43 am

You have spackle on them too?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty6/17/2011, 12:35 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty6/22/2011, 2:18 am

spackle?hahahaha

my female is much more aggressive than my male.just yelling at my dog the other day barking incessantly made her come out to investigate.she gave me a long dirty look and went back to her burrow.she investigates and attacks me whenever i mess with anything.
the male just chills and watches.

but i do find it harder to pick up the male only because hes that much quicker than the female,he does the fastest 180s ive ever seen anything do.but once i have either in my hands and they know im not going to harm them,they walk around and look at me seemingly relaxed,alert and interested in everything and anyone in the room.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty6/22/2011, 3:12 am

After seeing Gs's video I do believe these big guys got attitude too. I always thought of them as clumsy, heavy and slow.. but this is not the case apparently.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty6/22/2011, 10:29 pm

Gs's video? jesus??? whaaaa?
you thought emps were clumsy,heavy,slow????
Back to top Go down
Scorpeace
Babycurus
Scorpeace

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty7/23/2011, 4:34 pm

*~BEX~* wrote:
if you have a male and a female the difference will prly be quite clear to you however this is not always the case lol such is life heres some pics i have used in the past....

sexing emperor - Page 2 710px-Pandinus_Imperator_Emporer_Scorpion_Sexing_Pectens

This picture is wrong. The first one is male and the last is female ;P
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty7/23/2011, 4:48 pm

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Kweegwin
Centruroides
Kweegwin

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty7/23/2011, 6:00 pm

Scorpeace wrote:
*~BEX~* wrote:
if you have a male and a female the difference will prly be quite clear to you however this is not always the case lol such is life heres some pics i have used in the past....

sexing emperor - Page 2 710px-Pandinus_Imperator_Emporer_Scorpion_Sexing_Pectens

disagree.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty7/23/2011, 7:55 pm

I thought females had a heart shaped genital opperculum? The pectines in the second shot definitely look male though.
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty7/24/2011, 4:44 am

thats what i picked up from everywhere.male pectines are larger than the females and females have the heart shaped opperculum.
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty7/24/2011, 4:47 am

im with kweegwin. everywhere i looked describes the same thing.
my female which is more plump and way more aggressive has the smaller curved pectines.females are usually more aggressive as well,no?
Back to top Go down
Scorpeace
Babycurus
Scorpeace

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty7/24/2011, 8:47 am

Kweegwin wrote:
Scorpeace wrote:
*~BEX~* wrote:

disagree.

Look on the first picture. The space between the genital operculum and the basil piece. On females they are touching. Also, the genital operculum is very oval. The next picture they are touching and the operculum looks less oval then they should be on a male.

But i agree that looking at the pectines sure looks like female-male, but looking at what i described over here, they are opposite. Maybe they are different instars or something.

EDIT: Actually, the operculum on the first picture does look a littl more heartshaped than the one on the second picture
Why is the operculum touching the basil piece on the second picture??? Evil or Very Mad

2nd EDIT: I think there are two different species on that picture.. At LEAST they HAVE to be different instars.. I'm torn.
Back to top Go down
Scorpeace
Babycurus
Scorpeace

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty7/24/2011, 9:30 pm

Do anyone have any inputs here?
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty7/25/2011, 3:39 am

i see what your saying something is going on with that pic or one of us got misinformation.im torn now too.

they are hermaphrodites!!!!!
im gonna go research some more and ill be back.
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty7/25/2011, 5:22 am

alright im baaack.i made my rounds and i have come to the conclusion like Scorpeace said they have to be different instars or species altogether.
Back to top Go down
Scorpeace
Babycurus
Scorpeace

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty7/25/2011, 9:57 am

I wonder who made that crappy picture..
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty7/29/2011, 4:01 am

Probably Steven Seagal or Gilbert Godfried.how can they see anything squinting so much.
Back to top Go down
Scorpeace
Babycurus
Scorpeace

PostSubject: Re: sexing emperor   sexing emperor - Page 2 Empty7/30/2011, 11:48 am

lol!
Back to top Go down

sexing emperor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2