The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

The lot at the end of my bed

Go down 
+2
pluto
Callum B
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

The lot at the end of my bed Empty
PostSubject: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 5:02 pm

Hi,
well I am unbeleivably bored at home on a friday night so I though I would post some pics of my little collection.

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030272[/img]
First up my little Euscorpius italicus. Apparently it is a mated female but so far she has shown no signs of being gravid unfortunately. This is without a doubt the fastest scorpion I have ever owned lol.

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030268[/img]

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030263[/img]

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030260[/img]
A hopefully very gravid female and two probable male Euscorpius flavicaudis.

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030257[/img]
Caraboctonus keyserlingi. I have never paid much attention to this species until I went to the BTS and saw one in the flesh. Awesome little scorpion with a really thick tail so ended up coming back with this one lol.

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030245[/img]
Iurus dufoureius asiaticus. Definately my most active scorpion who eats everything.

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030242[/img]
Tiny little Chaerilus celebensis. I couldn't get a decent picture (like Jamies really good one) as my camera is crap and it wouldn't stop running about.

I am going to post these first pics before my pc crashes lol and post the rest when I have restarted it as I have already upoaded half of the pics 3 times and then my pc has gone nuts lol.

Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 5:26 pm

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030234[/img]

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030231[/img]
Opisthacanthus madagascariensis.

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030290[/img]

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030288[/img]
Heteroscorpion opisthacanthoides. This scorpion and my O. madagascariensis look almost identical and I think it is possible I may have labelled them the wrong way around lol. I will just have to see which one grows and which one stays at the current size lol.

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030223[/img]

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030225-1[/img]
My two new Heterometrus madraspetensis. They are my first Heterometrus species and I am in love haha. Really stunning looking scorpions and so fiesty.

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030285[/img]
Pet hole number one. Hadrurus arizonensis. It is out at the mouth of it's burrow most nights but every time I have tried to get a photo it has scuttled back in before I could get a pic. You can just make out its tail lol.

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030279[/img]
Pet hole number two. One of my Opistophthalmus glabrifrons burrows.

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030281[/img]

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030283[/img]
My other O. glabrifrons waiting for soem grub.

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030163[/img]
My old P. imperator girly not liking a camera shuv'd into her hide.

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030152[/img]
Hadogenes cf. paucidens female on it's very occasional trip outside it's rock stack.

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030143[/img]

[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030141[/img]
Finally my two tiny little Iomachus politus scorplings. These are over a year old and are still only 1cm long.

Last edited by Callum B on 5/27/2011, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 5:29 pm

Oooo nearly forgot my Paleocheloctonus pauliani.
[img]The lot at the end of my bed P1030273[/img]
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 5:34 pm

Awesome setups tbh and that first one takes the cake for me. Looks fast indeed! The other ones are too big. I get shivers from big scorpions.. Might not be logic, but I'm honest about it

Your scorpions all reside in scorpion Hilton residence..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 5:40 pm

You've got a nice collection going mate, nice natural enclosures too, I like it.

Haha those tiny celebensis have patterns only the lens can see Very Happy I've found them the easiest to photograph though with the whole playing dead thing, just try to make them move and they won't but leave them be and they'll be running around Laughing awesome scorps.

Are they male and female madraspatensis? I have an adult pair, one very gravid looking female and the male has very different looking claws. My females claws are like your two's but my males is really elongated.

Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 5:49 pm

As far as I can tell it is two female madraspetensis. Might have to try and scrape some money together and get a male lol.
Thanks for the nice comments lol. I don't know whether you would call my enclosures natural or done on the cheap lol. Most of them are decorated with bark from my local woods and substrate is nearly all either play sand or coco fibre which are both very cheap lol.

Please excuse the mouldy cricket leg in one of my E. flav pics . That has been removed from the enclosure. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 5:53 pm

Nice collection! As has been stated, your enclosures look great as well. I think I might have to get a flat rock so I can get over my irrational distaste for them. They weird me out being all flat and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 5:56 pm

Ha ha that leg is a little fuzz ball! Oh, and is there a bent nail in your Chaerilus celebensis enclosure?
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 6:00 pm

Streettrash wrote:
Ha ha that leg is a little fuzz ball! Oh, and is there a bent nail in your Chaerilus celebensis enclosure?

lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 6:00 pm

Haha it's a look only a mother could love. They are pretty strangely shaped but I think that is what has made them so attractive to keep lol.

The celebensis is amazing. When you first look at it you think it is just a dull brown colour but when you get really close it is covered in a stunning mottled patterning.

A bent nail lol? All I can see is woody stuff and soil lol.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 6:02 pm

Ah that's ok then, I was doubting my male madras for a second lol

Oh yeah, what does the cf. in your H. paucidens mean?
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 6:07 pm

It means it looks like a H. paucidens but hasn't been confirmed as definately one but probably is lol.
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 6:07 pm

Well that's the unscientifical way of putting it anyway lol.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 6:09 pm

Yeah man. In the pic there's an L shaped thing that looks like a bent nail to the left of your scorp.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 6:09 pm

Great pics thanx for sharing Smile I need some more scorps and T's lol
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 6:16 pm

Cheers bex. I want more to lol. My shed building is still plodding along and when it is finished I will have loads of space to get more scorpions but no doubt have no money left to buy them with lol.

Just had a look in the tub and it is a stick lol. You got me scared thinking how the hell did a nail get in there lol
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/27/2011, 6:46 pm

Oh good. Sorry to get you worried!
Back to top Go down
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty5/28/2011, 1:48 pm

very nice collection, mate. some unusual scorpion species represented along with a classic or two!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The lot at the end of my bed   The lot at the end of my bed Empty

Back to top Go down

The lot at the end of my bed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpion Pictures / Videos-
Jump to: