The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

My Centruroides gracilis

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
J.Gusler
Hadogenes
J.Gusler

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-03-22

My Centruroides gracilis Empty
PostSubject: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/27/2011, 12:07 am

Here are some pictures of my Centruroides gracilis
My Centruroides gracilis DSCN0774
My Centruroides gracilis DSCN0775
My Centruroides gracilis DSCN0776
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/27/2011, 3:09 am

Awesome pics J i would love some of these Smile
Back to top Go down
J.Gusler
Hadogenes
J.Gusler

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/27/2011, 6:57 am

Thanks Bex!!! This species is an absolute joy to add to the collection.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/27/2011, 7:13 am

they are beautiful! love the bright orange pincers! would give anything to be able to keep these... unfortuanlty means spending loads of money on a damn licence Sad
Back to top Go down
J.Gusler
Hadogenes
J.Gusler

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/27/2011, 7:45 am

So I've heard, that really sucks. I have plans on trying to breed this species in the future, and was gonna send some to my buddy over there in the UK but he said the permit would be in the neighborhood of around 2 thousand dollars.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/27/2011, 7:53 am

its is a lot of money and on top of paying for the licence itself you also need to pay a vet to come out and look around and you have to get insurance too (the same level as if you was to keep a tiger!)
also you have to have them behind two locked doors each having viewing windows so you can look into the room to make sure none have escaped lol
Back to top Go down
J.Gusler
Hadogenes
J.Gusler

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/27/2011, 8:19 am

Thats freaking INSANE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/27/2011, 8:27 am

J.Gusler wrote:
Thats freaking INSANE!!!!!

yep really is! they are bringing in new regulations soon though apparently a blancket price for the licence itself, but they could be good and bad depending on what your local council would have charged you before as it was up to the individual council to decide the price before
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/27/2011, 9:06 am

keep them, forget about informing your government. All I can say.
Stings are not lethal.. the risk is small.

Beats getting your wallet raped by office box clerics to be officially ok.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/27/2011, 11:21 am

i dunno some c.gracilis (the florida ones) are meant to have quite a nasty sting they recon 4+ out of 5 where the others are only 3
Back to top Go down
J.Gusler
Hadogenes
J.Gusler

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/27/2011, 2:47 pm

*~BEX~* wrote:
i dunno some c.gracilis (the florida ones) are meant to have quite a nasty sting they recon 4+ out of 5 where the others are only 3

Really!?!?! I heard it was the other way around. The ones from Florida aren't that bad and the ones from everywhere else are a bit more potent. But I could be wrong. Everyday is just another learning experience.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/27/2011, 3:03 pm

your prly right actually it is the caribean (Caribic) ones that are hotter lol trust me to get them round the wrong way lol Smile
Back to top Go down
J.Gusler
Hadogenes
J.Gusler

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/28/2011, 3:42 am

Oh hell it happens!!!
Back to top Go down
69wishes
Centruroides
69wishes

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/28/2011, 10:44 am

I cant even see the Scorpions in those pics....& was told the Pics I posted to help ID my bark Scorpions were too blurry,yet they seem clearer than alot of pics on here.
Am I looking @ a different ScorpionForum than everyone else?
Back to top Go down
69wishes
Centruroides
69wishes

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/28/2011, 10:52 am

Bex,what happens if somebody were to get caught w/them w/o a license? Seems pretty extreme to need a separate room...
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/28/2011, 11:40 am

69wishes wrote:
I cant even see the Scorpions in those pics....& was told the Pics I posted to help ID my bark Scorpions were too blurry,yet they seem clearer than alot of pics on here.
Am I looking @ a different ScorpionForum than everyone else?

i think you must be lol Razz as your pics are mega blurry compared to J's extremly clear pics, im actually confused at what you must be looking at lol ? Smile

69wishes wrote:
Bex,what happens if somebody were to get caught w/them w/o a license? Seems pretty extreme to need a separate room...

it does seem extreme doesnt it i beleive you get a fine and animals removed but dont really know much more then that sorry Smile
Back to top Go down
69wishes
Centruroides
69wishes

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty5/28/2011, 12:08 pm

Well,I am viewing the Mobile Edition....wouldnt think itd be that much different though....
I was almost tricked into sending C.Sculpt to a guy in London...He was gonna pay a pretty penny for em too.
Actually found out about the licensing bit by browsing around here....
When I asked him if he had one He said "Nahh,just dont mark em when you ship em"!
I said No Thx...not sure what kind of trouble I couldve gotten into,but why risk it?
Anyway,didnt mean to jack this post...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Centruroides gracilis   My Centruroides gracilis Empty

Back to top Go down

My Centruroides gracilis
Page 1 of 1