The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?

Go down 
+11
tlb_05
**GS**
ajones1986
Mr. Mordax
Peloquin
Bedlam
shanos
pluto
Callum B
Jay
*~BEX~*
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty
PostSubject: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/18/2011, 3:34 pm

hi, just checked on our gravid E.flav and she has this white round blob in her mouth we also found another blob in the tank kinda looks like an unformed scorpling was just an oval blob bit like a bogey....is she eating her babies? are they being born to soon? got these pics...

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? 7c8d7af7

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? F55c9d4e

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? 285f3647
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/18/2011, 5:31 pm

Hm that's certainly what it look's like, no other explanation really. She still looks fat as hell so maybe they'll be lots more on the way!

I'd try not to disturb her too much in case she is in the birthing process. My Haddy had one random aborted baby.
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/18/2011, 5:32 pm

Eeeek, that looks weird. It's not some chewed/ deformed mealworm pupae is it? Have you used any materials from outside that might have had a few stowaways hidden in it?
I am just trying to think of anything that isn't premature babies as that would be gutting if it is.
I have never heard of scorpions giving birth prematurely. Scorpions normally abort and reabsorb babies if they decide conditions etc. aren't right to give birth.

Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/18/2011, 5:35 pm

Have you had a good look at the blob? Is there any distinguishing features on it that could suggest it is a premature scorpling?
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/18/2011, 5:36 pm

tbh I think those are like scorplings that didnt have the time to unfold yet.. Sorry to say Bex. Or your bf feeds her maggots...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/18/2011, 5:37 pm

that would suck if that is wots happenin bex Sad
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/18/2011, 5:37 pm

She's eating her babies and the other deformed thing, isn't a birth defect. The baby died/ is dieing and that kinda how they curl up and wither away, or they were born dead and didn't open up. Or she tried to eat and left it, or pinched it. This happened to me, but when it did, most of the babies didn't make it. Not saying this is whats gonna happen for you, but I'd be sure to make sure everything is ok and leave her be.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/18/2011, 5:40 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/18/2011, 5:40 pm

My Hadrurus arizonensis definitely gave birth prematurely and didn't even absord the baby. Got the pic somewhere.

Could be a pupae but I think it would be abit of a coincidence seeing as the scorp's ready to explode Laughing

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? DSCF0301

Also my spinigerus absorbed some and kept the rest.

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? IMG_1085-1
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 5:14 am

Hey all well its deffo babies Sad they look like deformed ones maybe that shes eating i just peeked and there is one with legs and tail and pincers crawling around on the substrate why is it not on mum? feel like i should be doing something to help but dont want to stress her out my only hope is that she is eating the ones that are not formed and leaving the good ones and hope that there are more to come i will cry if she eats them all lol got a few pics and a little vid of the poor abandoned little fella could i remove it if it doesnt get on mum? there are a few of the good mites in there will they get him?

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? IMG_4859

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? IMG_4860

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? IMG_4862

mites are all crawling round they little guy and shes pee'd off to the other side of tank away from it just picked up the bit of brick he is on...

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? 979ed07c

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? 9ae5d5a3

Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 5:35 am

Oh no, not really sure what to suggest. Suppose you could either put the baby near her and hope it gets on or seperate it into a little tub on moist tissue paper. I read something somewhere on caring for first instar babies but I can't find it.

Maybe move her to a smaller birthing enclosure so if anymore end up on the floor she'll be near them and in case the mites are stressing her although this may be too much disturbing and ruin all chances.

Oh found what I was thinking of, it may help if you decide to separate it.

Caring for 1st instar scorplings
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 6:03 am

Thank you very much Jay, i have now seperated the lil guy and moved her to a crcket tub fingers crossed she will do ok with the rest have coverd her up and will leave her be now, the little fella is soo small bless it all alone. had it on substrate at first but after your message its on damp paper Smile need your macro lol

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? IMG_4869
Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? IMG_4868

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? IMG_4871

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? IMG_4872

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? IMG_4876
Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? IMG_4874
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 6:39 am

Aww poor little thing, got my fingers crossed for ya too, not alot else you can do except hope. That scorpling does look fully developed so hopefully she's doing a similar thing to my spinigerus did and absorded a few and kept the rest.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 7:05 am

i hope so will keep you updated, so if all goes well with the lil guy he should molt in about a week yeah?
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 7:15 am

I reckon so seeing as that's usually about how long they're on mums back. Yeah keep us updated, its all down to getting it to second instar I suppose. Hopefully next time you check on mum she'll have a back full of babies, id just let her do her thing now you have her in a smaller tub and out of the way of the mites. Definitely looks like there's alot more to come going by the size of her.
Back to top Go down
Peloquin
Babycurus
Peloquin

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 7:37 am

Just seen this, good luck mate.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 8:14 am

thank you Smile i hope we get a few out of her then we can send a couple to you and Jay, still planning on going up sheerness at some time, but when that will be i dont know Smile
Back to top Go down
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 9:28 am

do u fancy like catchin me some if u go up there lol Wink
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 11:07 am

Lol I'll add you to the list there's about 7/8 people that's have asked now so will go down the list in order, obviously will depend on how many we get and stuff, can make more than one trip so I will try my best for everyone but obviously all depends what it's like when we go Smile we plan to breed ours and sell in the future too Smile
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 11:41 am

Right shes ahd about 3-4 more is it normal for them to just be wiggling underneath her? do they normally climb straight on?
Back to top Go down
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 11:42 am

cool lol defo want some for my collection as ther the only wild scorp in england lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 12:06 pm

how do u keep these little guys bex lol
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 12:12 pm

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? D3730006

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? 2a6388df
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 12:14 pm

we keep them on a sand/coco fibre mix with pieces of brick, when we get more we are gonna get a tall tank and turn the baking into a fake brick wall prly with polystyrene then they can live more like they would naturally
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty5/19/2011, 12:18 pm

Oi stop peeking Laughing Looking good though ay, lets hope they get up on mums back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?   Help is our scorp eating its scorplings? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help is our scorp eating its scorplings?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next