The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 

Another Minion to add to my collection, Impulse buy FTW the Androctonus bicolor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jay
SCORPIONMOD

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Another Minion to add to my collection, Impulse buy FTW the Androctonus bicolor   5/18/2011, 12:41 pm

Yeah we found the just like to dig deep vertical burrows so I think burrowing space is more important than anything. I've read a little moisture gradient in the substrate can be good for these but I don't know.

Babycurus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Another Minion to add to my collection, Impulse buy FTW the Androctonus bicolor   5/18/2011, 1:44 pm

yeah everyone I talk to says to not keep it like a desert species, they need some humidity.

Ill try to keep it in the small container I got, but not sure if I can get that container up to the high 80s though :/ so I might end up getting a 2.5g anyways and slapping on one of my spare heat pads, then again I also heard that for this species heat pads arent recomended lol bleh not yoru typical run of the mill care :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streettrash
Androctonus

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Another Minion to add to my collection, Impulse buy FTW the Androctonus bicolor   5/18/2011, 6:06 pm

I read an article somewhere where the guy recommended keeping them in deep substrate with a false bottom set up. I think the initial set up is like for any desert species that burrows. Mostly sand with a little coco fiber and some clay or bentonite for structure. Wet it, pack it, and let it dry. Then fill the false bottom halfway with water and let it evaporate up through the substrate. He kept the water level half full at all times, and the surface should be bone dry, thus allowing the scorp to burrow down to it's desired humidity level. He suggested putting a flat rock or peice of wood for initial scrape construction as well.

Here it is.

http://www.schorpioenenforum.nl/index.php?topic=151.0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Minion to add to my collection, Impulse buy FTW the Androctonus bicolor   

Back to top Go down

Another Minion to add to my collection, Impulse buy FTW the Androctonus bicolor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2