The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Iurus dufoureius asiaticus

Go down 
+2
Jay
*~BEX~*
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iurus dufoureius asiaticus   Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty5/9/2011, 4:55 pm

Oh cool, it's a long shot but here's to hoping ours are male and female Smile or might be worth ordering another before they go in hope of getting a pair like I did with the celebensis.
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Iurus dufoureius asiaticus   Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty5/9/2011, 5:07 pm

How do we sex these?? Thinking about digging up our mauris to sex this 3 but dunno can be bothered lol don't think they are adult yet anyway as they are so small one was actually out last night, oh s h I t literally as I typed Luke says what's wrong with your keyserlingi and it was lying on it's side dead Sad
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Iurus dufoureius asiaticus   Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty5/9/2011, 5:25 pm

this is our scorpio maurus out for the first time in ages..

Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 09276a73

and my keyserlingi Sad picked her up so shes the right way up but shes very dead Sad

Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 65e16360

actually looking at her the inpact/ segment injury looks a lot worse than when we first got her Sad she never did eat and had this blockage/injury when we got her Sad
you can see it quite clearly in the first pic on the left side near her head area

Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 3a31d036
Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 4fe79869
Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 6134123b
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Iurus dufoureius asiaticus   Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty5/9/2011, 5:39 pm

Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 PIC_0658

Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 PIC_0662

Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 PIC_0664

Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 PIC_0667
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Iurus dufoureius asiaticus   Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty5/9/2011, 5:40 pm

Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Cry_smiley
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Iurus dufoureius asiaticus   Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty5/9/2011, 5:47 pm

Aww that's unfortunate Bex, I know you liked that one. Definitely something wrong there, it does look like a similar thing to that female cavi I got, like a wound. Both Chile species I have had have died as well.

I'm going to get another maurus I think.

I couldn't say about sexing these yet but they've got a long way to go yet anyway, I wonder how long they take to mature.
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Iurus dufoureius asiaticus   Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty5/9/2011, 5:50 pm

Mine is so active atm and has eaten two large crickets since I got it. From what little info I could find you can sex them by looking at the pectinal teeth. From memory lol this is the little bristles coming off of the pectines. The Scorpions of the World book says that females should have 9 pectinal teeth. Annoyingly that is all it says on sexing this species but as mine definately has over 9 'teeth' I am presuming it is a male.
I definately wish I could get more of this species. Defo my current favourite scorpion lol. It's really active and good at trying to get on to my hands when I lift up its hide lol.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Iurus dufoureius asiaticus   Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty5/9/2011, 5:53 pm

Nice one mate could come in handy. Yeah mines pretty active too, out and about right now. Yours is quite a bit bigger than ours though isn't it, has it gone upside down? Laughing
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Iurus dufoureius asiaticus   Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty5/9/2011, 5:56 pm

JamieLawrence wrote:
Aww that's unfortunate Bex, I know you liked that one. Definitely something wrong there, it does look like a similar thing to that female cavi I got, like a wound. Both Chile species I have had have died as well.

I'm going to get another maurus I think.

I couldn't say about sexing these yet but they've got a long way to go yet anyway, I wonder how long they take to mature.

i know Sad want another one now Sad cant even complain left it too long, at the time we was more consumed with that fact we had been sent the wrong species that bothrurius we got instead of whatever desert species we ordered, and she was so small she kinda got over looked at the time, wasnt till over a week or 2 later i noticed when she came out again Sad

callums is huge (it looks) compared to ours lol if they wasnt so expensive we would have got two adults
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Iurus dufoureius asiaticus   Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty5/9/2011, 6:12 pm

For the first few days it was always upside down. I kept lifting the bark and thinking where the F is it lol, only to realise it was walking upside across the bark towards my hand lol.
I had a look into the enclosure earlier and it looks like its now moved a load of substrate about so I will go and check out what its been up to in a bit. Maybe it has decided it doesn't like being upside anymore lol.
I read something a few days ago saying that a European I. dufoureius has been responsible for one death. It was a 40 year old bloke and it happened somewhere in Greece I think. Every other envenomation report I have read has said this species is not considered dangerous though. It is probable that the guy had some kind of reaction to the venom.

'Callums is huge' Embarassed hahaha, yer sorry lol had to say summat lol. My Iurus is pretty big though haha lol although I am not convinced it is an adult even at the size it is lol. They were bloody expensive though aye. Usually bugzuk is so good on prices IMO but these guyz seemed steep compared to what I have seen them for sale on EU sites for.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Iurus dufoureius asiaticus   Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty5/9/2011, 6:19 pm

Yeah I remember all that happening, shame. Spidershop has them if you really wanted another.

Laughing
So yours has been upside down too, definitely something going on there. Maybe they think they're bark scorpions.
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Iurus dufoureius asiaticus   Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty5/10/2011, 2:42 am

JamieLawrence wrote:
So yours has been upside down too, definitely something going on there. Maybe they think they're bark scorpions.

My mesobuthuses do the same, some of them are most of the time hanging upside down on the rocks, just with the tail touching the sand, I guess for some extra support.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Scorpioooo
Centruroides
Scorpioooo

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2011-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Iurus dufoureius asiaticus   Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty5/10/2011, 9:19 pm

sorry for your loss . i really liked that one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iurus dufoureius asiaticus   Iurus dufoureius asiaticus - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Iurus dufoureius asiaticus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2