The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

scorpion not eating

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
takashi10
Pandinus
takashi10

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-04-11

scorpion not eating Empty
PostSubject: scorpion not eating   scorpion not eating Empty5/1/2011, 10:53 pm

Hi I've had my emperor scorpion for about 2 months. she has was eating normally at the beginning but now she doesn't eat at all even when the crickets enter her hideout. I even tried to feed her with the tongs she just bats the cricket away and leaves. any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Peloquin
Babycurus
Peloquin

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: scorpion not eating   scorpion not eating Empty5/2/2011, 2:40 am

Leave her alone for a few weeks, make sure the humidity is high enough and it's warm enough in the tank. Give it a water dish then just leave it alone.
Check every couple of weeks and drop a cricket in every 2-3 weeks. They'll usually start eating again when they are ready.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: scorpion not eating   scorpion not eating Empty5/2/2011, 3:54 am

Wecomw to the forum Smile

Scorps can go months without eating don't worry, is your scorp adult? Sometimes can be a sign of a molt on the way Smile we have one scorp that hasn't eaten for 4-5 months now lol Smile
Back to top Go down
takashi10
Pandinus
takashi10

PostSubject: Re: scorpion not eating   scorpion not eating Empty5/2/2011, 6:07 am

Peloquin wrote:
Leave her alone for a few weeks, make sure the humidity is high enough and it's warm enough in the tank. Give it a water dish then just leave it alone.
Check every couple of weeks and drop a cricket in every 2-3 weeks. They'll usually start eating again when they are ready.
thnx for the info and my humidity is about 80,90 Degrees when sprayed and goes down to 65 pre-sprayed. Is that a bit too much? sorry that i'm a noob at this.
Back to top Go down
takashi10
Pandinus
takashi10

PostSubject: Re: scorpion not eating   scorpion not eating Empty5/2/2011, 6:08 am

*~BEX~* wrote:
Wecomw to the forum Smile

Scorps can go months without eating don't worry, is your scorp adult? Sometimes can be a sign of a molt on the way Smile we have one scorp that hasn't eaten for 4-5 months now lol Smile
Thnx or the info. I'm sure shes an adult as i can see the tip of the tail is red. i think i remember that being a factor.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: scorpion not eating   scorpion not eating Empty5/2/2011, 6:15 am

Welcome, yeah I wouldn't worry about it not eating for a while yet.

Also I wouldn't worry too much about specific humidity just make sure there's moisture throughout all the substrate and that it always has a water dish. Spraying won't do much to an already dried out substrate, it's easier to just pour water into it and let it soak through.
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
takashi10
Pandinus
takashi10

PostSubject: Re: scorpion not eating   scorpion not eating Empty5/2/2011, 7:00 am

yes this is my first scorpion and i was worried at this turn of events and thank you for reassuring me and for the information provided
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scorpion not eating   scorpion not eating Empty

Back to top Go down

scorpion not eating
Page 1 of 1