The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Pandinus imperator

Go down 
+2
takos
Bedlam
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty4/22/2011, 4:51 pm

After about two weeks the babies seem to have finally come off the moma's back. There weren't any big crickets in the store, so I bought mealworms. I dont like to give them mealworms in their enclosure because they dig. So I removed the hide and the babies were all over it. I moved the mom into a plastic container to filter the substrate. I got about eight from the filter and about eight from the hide. So I have a total of 16 of approximately 20 babies that survived. So I did pretty good for my 1st attempt to take real care of her. This is my 3rd batch from a mom but the 1st 2 times I didn't know what the hell I was doing so, thank you to the forum Very Happy for everything.

Some questions though;
Can I put the mother back in her original enclosure with 2 other males?
I know once they get larger the Scorpions will need a larger enclosure, but the biggest is only about an inch so can I keep the 18 babies in a 10 gallon for now?

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment Wink;

Mom eating a mealworm after doing such a great job going through what she went through. I think that stuff on her back is a collection of fecal matter, exo skeleton and dirt...

Pandinus imperator DSC00297
Pandinus imperator DSC00301

I gave her a cleaning with a Cotton Swab, she was aggressive...
Pandinus imperator DSC00305

The little guys I love you...
Pandinus imperator DSC00316

The 2 of 3 (I sold one)
from my 1st and 2nd batch of babies...
Pandinus imperator DSC00318

Last edited by GS on 11/30/2011, 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated title)
Back to top Go down
takos
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-04-17

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty4/22/2011, 4:57 pm

hehe Smile very nice man Smile keep it up Wink
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty4/22/2011, 5:45 pm

Aw yr so lucky I wish we had some Smile I read once that you can't keep them communal when they are dif sizes buy never really looked into it Smile
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty4/22/2011, 6:42 pm

i keept all my babies communal and they were fine, dunno bout putting them back in with the adults tho :S
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty4/22/2011, 7:17 pm

I read the rules for posting here so some specifics;
D.O.B.; 4/14/11
#; Approximately 20
Survived; 16
Gestation; N/A I bought her Gravid
She carried for 1 week and 1 day, the babies came off and I found them during feeding. I relocated them to a 10 gallon with about 10 hides. I put the mother back in with the adults and they seem to be fine but I did redesign the enclosure to be sure.

On the contrary Bex, I read (can't remember where) that they are best behaved as young and don't tend to fight/cannibalize as much as an adult. Also there really isn't much of a size difference. Some the new ones are as big as the 2.

Manser, thanks for that, reassuring.

Here's some update pictures of the new enclosure so tell me if it looks suitable.

Adult Enclosure;
Oh and Bex, for the adult tank, I took your advice and got a bigger water dish so they can take a soak ;].

Moma bear I think giving herself a groom, mandible sticking out Wink ,
Pandinus imperator DSC00330

Two adults hanging out;
Pandinus imperator DSC00331
Pandinus imperator DSC00332

Enclosure;
Pandinus imperator DSC00334
Pandinus imperator DSC00324
Pandinus imperator DSC00323
Pandinus imperator DSC00321
Pandinus imperator DSC00319
Back to top Go down
takos
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-04-17

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty4/23/2011, 4:07 am

wooooooohoooo Very Happy very nice Smile the tank whith the sligs looks a bit dry to me...i m right??i h8 moss geek
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty4/23/2011, 4:31 am

Nah I meant about mixing sizes like adult with sling that kinda thing, Smile
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty4/23/2011, 8:14 am

nice pics mate Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty4/23/2011, 2:47 pm

takos wrote:
wooooooohoooo Very Happy very nice Smile the tank whith the sligs looks a bit dry to me...i m right??i h8 moss geek

No but it does look like I missed a corner...
Back to top Go down
Kweegwin
Centruroides
Kweegwin

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-02-24

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty5/13/2011, 12:26 pm

My more aggressive Emperor turns into a puppy when I pick him up. I can wrap my hand around him and grab him off my arm like a hamster, or I can pet his claws, back and tail. He seems to understand that he is in no danger while I hold him.

Next time you need to clean her, try this. Don't know if it works for all of them, but its worth a try.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty5/14/2011, 12:30 pm

They are great pictures and man, I'm inclined to keep some beside the andros (which i vowed i never would take anything else in the house) because of these pictures.

Nice one.

As for being communal or not. I think it is all overrated. It all depends on the enclosure. Sure some might get eaten, but most will get along just fine and it is lovely to see them together.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty5/14/2011, 1:39 pm

Thank you everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pandinus imperator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandinus imperator   Pandinus imperator Empty

Back to top Go down

Pandinus imperator
Page 1 of 1