The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
caolan159
Pandinus

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-04-14

Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness Empty
PostSubject: Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness   Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness Empty4/15/2011, 3:22 pm

Hi, I recently went to the Sea Wall to collect some scorpions (with spinnin_tom XD), and I brought one home. Currently in a 15l tank with soil as the substrate and some rocks for hiding, sticks, leaves, etc. I have been putting woodlice in for it to eat, but it hasn't touched them as far as I am aware. It has been 4 days, and no sign of feeding. Should I be worried? As you have probably noticed by my question I am completely new to keeping scorpions in captivity, so please can I get some help? Smile
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness   Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness Empty4/15/2011, 3:58 pm

Hello and welcome.

Scorpions won't usually eat woodlice (Isopods) and in fact they get used as tanks cleaners because they get ignored by the scorps and left to clean leftovers and stuff from the tank. Leave a few in there if you want but your going to need to go to the pet shop or somewhere to get some small crickets.
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness   Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness Empty4/15/2011, 3:59 pm

These scorpions can go a whole year on one feed I read somewhere, well most scorpions go months without food it's nothing to worry about at all Smile
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness   Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness Empty4/15/2011, 4:00 pm

And as Jamie says just feed small crickets ours seem to like them Smile
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness   Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness Empty4/15/2011, 4:24 pm

when we found them, we managed to coax one out with a woodlouse, it ate that, one would think after years of living with woodlouse, they would eat them?
Back to top Go down
caolan159
Pandinus

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness   Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness Empty4/15/2011, 4:26 pm

Thanks Jamie and Bex, I will try it on some crickets
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness   Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness Empty4/17/2011, 2:22 pm

Found this bit I copied out of a report:
They eat other invertebrates such as woodlice and spiders. For most of the year they are inactive as it is too cold, they will be lying dormant in those cracks and crevices, but it is just about warm enough in the south of the country for them to survive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness   Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness Empty

Back to top Go down

Euscorpius Flavicaudis From Sheerness
Page 1 of 1