The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

New additions :)

Go down 
+4
Jay
shanos
DolbyR
*~BEX~*
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

New additions :) Empty
PostSubject: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 9:51 am

Hi everyone, today we took delivery of our 6 new scorpions... yay! was like christmas came early Smile
We have a Chaerilus celebensis, which is tiny about 2cm out strecthed.
2 new emps (1 male, 1 female) to go with our other female in there new tank.
And 3 P.cavimanus 1 male and 2 female.

Chaerilus celebensis:

Pandinus imperator:

Pandinus cavimanus:

Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 10:04 am

Congratulatio for the new additions. How big are those cavimanus enclosures?
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 10:08 am

DolbyR wrote:
Congratulatio for the new additions. How big are those cavimanus enclosures?

Thanx Smile the tanks are 24x8x8 inches i think they work out as 6.6 gallons Smile
Back to top Go down
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 11:37 am

nice scorps bex ther all awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 12:04 pm

Nice one, they all great. Mines here but I'm at work. Mind if I put the pics of mine in here later as they're exactly the same? Bit worried though, my female cavi looks damaged, duno whether to tell martin? I'll show you bit later. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 12:28 pm

JamieLawrence wrote:
Nice one, they all great. Mines here but I'm at work. Mind if I put the pics of mine in here later as they're exactly the same? Bit worried though, my female cavi looks damaged, duno whether to tell martin? I'll show you bit later. Sad

Of course you can! Smile and if it's bad I would contact Martin and send him pics that's what I did when we got the wrong scorps Smile
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 2:52 pm

those cavi's look beast i love it.

Mine has actually been coming out a bit more in the last few days to explore, which is a nice touch hes been holed up ever since he finished his tunnel in there a few months back
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 3:06 pm

Roblicious wrote:
those cavi's look beast i love it.

Mine has actually been coming out a bit more in the last few days to explore, which is a nice touch hes been holed up ever since he finished his tunnel in there a few months back

they are well moody lol i love it, its awesome our 3 emps are all getting on brilliantly its amazing not one fight so far (touch wood)

the cavs are all out exploring, just sat drilling holes in there lids Sad boring
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 3:14 pm

Mine was active the first few days in his new home, and then it was active again after it starting digging for a few days only coming out to drop off coco fiber, then the most I saw of him was him sticking his claw out of the cave thats it.

As of a few days ago he actually came out to climb the walls and to walk around, and even drink water lol.

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 3:18 pm

yeah that always happens they are ative while exploring there new homes then they settle down and dont see them t all lol
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 3:28 pm

My desert hairy rarely hides, out and about more then hiding, my ASF is always under the log I gave her, and my emp is the typical pet hole lol (at least hes using the exo terra cave now and not his own :p Damn forest species always hiding lol

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 3:28 pm

our 2 new emps feeling the love, and Tyni our original emp looking a little sad and left out Sad

New additions :) 89b11a43

New additions :) 6c8278e8
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 3:30 pm

Roblicious wrote:
My desert hairy rarely hides, out and about more then hiding, my ASF is always under the log I gave her, and my emp is the typical pet hole lol (at least hes using the exo terra cave now and not his own :p Damn forest species always hiding lol

our desert hairy has never come out since we got her last november Shocked we dug her up a month or so ago and she is fine, we see our emp far more, the most active of all ours are the euscorpius flavicaudis we got from sheerness in the wall
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 3:33 pm

I dig the shelving you did on the last picture.

Though I am not persoanlly a fan of communal setups for myself just cause I would hate for one to go on a killing spree, but its always cool when other people pull it off.

Sucks we have to spend more to deck out the enclosure then on the scorpion themselves :p

Spent prolly a 100 bucks on my emperor's enclosure and only 6 bucks on it lol.

Same with my ASF 15 for the ASF and aorund 100 to customize a 10gal, and my cavi I got for free and my enclosure was paid for by someone who owed me a favor lol only had to buy a plant and substrate :p.

Sigh what we dish out to make their homes look nice and they go and move everything around lol

EDIt

My desert hairy sometimes goes into the pot, proly to cool off, and when he does hide, he hides alright, like he closes off both front door and tunnel back door entrances to his cave lol.

I was told the ASF would be active a lot more then my emperor and so far it has been, but barely, and usually around 4am I can hear it lol.

All of my desert species are either really active, or have built tunnels and were nice enough to scrape away at the wall so I can see them running around in their tunnels :p, forest species on the other hand... lol cept my b JAcksoni, he literally hangs out on a piece of bark, literally.

Last edited by Roblicious on 4/14/2011, 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 3:36 pm

cant take the credit for that im afraid that was Lukes my fiancees idea, its really cool they have been climbing all over the place since we put them in, one even decided to hide in the croc skull we have in there which was quite funny

New additions :) 8705a8df

dont even go there about money lol today we spent a fortune £77 on scorpions and well over £100 on everything else
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 3:40 pm

Roblicious wrote:

just out of curiosity what substrate do you have your haddy on? is it loose sand?
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 3:41 pm

not sure the conversion to US, but yeah easily 400 bucks on scorpion/housing since January, lol yeah I like the croc hiding spot :p

But ever since I discovered those small acrylic containers from container store for 3 bucks I save a bunch of money and I goto the river to get sand, its really dark almost black so the desert scorpions stand out, yes I bake and wash beforehand :p

They all share heating sources from all of the other larger setups, easily 80ish in those acylic containers.

They are perfect for small scorpions 3incher max I would say, and for medium I bought acrlyic children shoe boxes that have holes predrilled for 5 bucks Very Happy (for my dune and silvestrii)

Here are some pics of the shoe boxes
measurements are like 4hx8x5 something around that
Home of the Silvetrii
New additions :) IMG191
Home of the Dune (S mesa)
New additions :) IMG198

Last edited by Roblicious on 4/14/2011, 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 3:43 pm

The bottom is calci sand (yea i know, but he aint eating it) mixed with a whole bag of exc clay from the pet store, and the top (white sand) is just loose sand, it wasnt intended to be loose sand as I did wet and pack it down really really hard and it just got all lose anyways, that too is calci sand, in the future I might get a ton of sand from the river and redo the entire thing with a few oz of bentonite, and a 75/25 sand/coco fiber mix.

Its a good thing I handmade his tunnel, cause that stuff is rock hard, I saw him trying to dig through it with no luck even using his teeth to try to help dig in a corner. Figured as long as he had a hide it would be cool

Usuaslly the only concern with calci sand is when it gets wet and sticks to the scorpion, but I dont mist the enclosure and I only give it water for a day once a month.

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 4:15 pm

those containers are cool, we dont have anything like that here, dunno why our haddy just hides all the time then Sad we used excavater clay sand mix and ours was pretty hard but she still tunnel away, her burrow is right against the glass to so can peak on her whenever i want to lol ...will just go take some pics......
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 4:16 pm

here she is

New additions :) 545afe09

New additions :) 95d0af37

thats all we get to see of her lol
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 4:36 pm

mine must just be a wuss then, cause jamie's digs a lot too and his has mycosis on the front feet lol

mines not that deep, the burrow has a tunnel that goes under and leads into the pot, bout 3 inches maybe 4?

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 5:03 pm

i wish ours would come out to play, we even cotemplated selling her the other day, we got her because they are meant to be really active and she one of the least active we have1
Along with our 3 scorpio maurus another desert species, which i thought would be active, 2 of them doesn't even come to the surface at all they just stay in their 'ant farm' burrows lol 1 maurus sits at the entrance waiting for food though which is cool, our male emp is going mad at the moment keeps juddering and vibrating trying to get the female but the female just casually walks off lol
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 5:08 pm

yeah, the chance of activeness is a lot higher with the desert hairy then most, but all of them still haev a midn of their own, like your emperors do a bunch when they are supposed to be the least active.

thats why I got a ton of different kinds, at least 1 is out and about :p

I think we got into the wrong hobby if we are constantly wanting to see our pet holes lol!

yeah all those desert species from the states are pretty rare and sought after over in the uk yeah? funny how you guys have some that we want too that we cant get as easily :p

and whats even funnier is that the desert hairy is 30 bucks while the emperor, cavi, and asf, where 6, 10, and 15 respectivly lol. and the desert hairy is local! lol

a beastly looking cavi for 10 bucks was a steal :p biggest one of its brood, the other 4 remaining were dwarves compared to the one my buddy picked up for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 5:24 pm

well most of the species you have over there we are not even allowed to keep without a licence that cost a fortune, we have to pay the same to keep say a H.hotentotta as we would to keep a bloody tiger, the scoprion i want most is the Lychas mucronatus (chinese swimming scorpion) fell in love with these think they look awesome

New additions :) Lychasmucronatus

thats why we bought the Chaerilus celebensis in the hope if would be a light morph like this

New additions :) Cc7187fe

but it wasnt it was dark like this

New additions :) Darkmorph
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: New additions :)   New additions :) Empty4/14/2011, 7:14 pm

lol that sucks
yeah those are cool they do like water too Smile