The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roblicious
Babycurus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2011-02-08

My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D Empty
PostSubject: My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D   My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D Empty4/13/2011, 10:52 pm

He was getting really fat, but still really quick, I dont think he has eaten for 2 weeks because I dont see him eat and one day I saw him bring out a dead cricket not even eaten at all to the front door step of his burrow.

I havent seen him for a week or so, so the noob and worry rock that I am i peaked into his burrow best I could and I saw a glint of exo skeleton, all excited I pulled up the pot that he has made a burrow around (slowly of course), and there he is freshly molted and super super jumpy and defensive Very Happy

He had a ton of coco fiber stuck to him and it seemed almost impossible to get it all off, some pieces were stuck almost like glue lol.

So now I just dont feed for about a week right? I would post pics but he hasnt come out and I dont think anyone wants to see a old exo skeleton :p
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D   My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D Empty4/14/2011, 4:46 am

Congrats on the successful molt! I'd wait a week or so before feeding again or until it has hardened up.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D   My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D Empty4/14/2011, 9:56 am

H. laoticus wrote:
Congrats on the successful molt! I'd wait a week or so before feeding again or until it has hardened up.

+1 i was well excited to see my first molt, now just need to see one in progress Smile
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D   My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D Empty4/14/2011, 11:58 am

Yeah, he uses the fake exo terra rock burrow now, FINALLY, lol

It was a pain watering the plant since he made a tunnel that circled the pot
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D   My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D Empty4/18/2011, 11:36 pm

So I saw him go into the exo terra cave finally, he has abandoned that tunnel he made under the pot, looks like it got too small for him.

He was out in the middle I think regulating his temperature cause his butt was all up in the air lol.

He looks less translucent then before so I gave him a cricket he grabbed it ran into his cave and started eating lol

I did notice a few things though, both of his claws have ' dents' on different parts of them, one kinda in the middle and the other near the top where it 'curves', he can still use both though as he opens and closes them around the cricket. Another thing I noticed is that he might have hit and scraped his head on the way out of that tunnel cause it looks like part of the exo skeleton on his head is 'cut' at first I thought it was mites but I actually think he bumped and scraped his head since his exo isnt hardened yet.

Did I just have a funky molt? lol I will try to get a picture next time hes out, Ill just grab him and put him in a deli cup to take some pics before putting him back in. I still dont think his skeleton is hardened 100% yet as hes not really 'that' dark I say a few more days at most? I dont think it's 'bleeding' or anything will it get infected or anything like that?

My first scorpion im worried!

EDIT

I am trying to get a good pic, but my camera phone just sucks and I am not able to get a good shot at all
but from the looks of it it looks like a scab or scar on the top of his head
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D   My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D Empty4/19/2011, 3:31 pm

you need to get a pic for someone to give you a definite answer, i dunno we had a scop go through a bad molt and he was well messed up and ended up dying 2 days later, but yours is eating which is a good sign he will prly be fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D   My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D Empty4/19/2011, 3:43 pm

yeah there arent any deformation or anything, his claws work fine cause he snatched up a cricket andyeah hes eating.

I am pretty sure its a scab of some sort because he likes to climb up the rock background and up inbetween the mesh lid and the background, but hes too big to get under there and the other day i saw him struggling to get in and out between there, I am almost positive that is what it is.

Last I saw him he wasnt fully hardened yet as he was still translucent, but darker then before and this is when he was trying to climb in between the space where he prolly scraped up his head :-/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D   My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D Empty

Back to top Go down

My emperor just molted to his 4th instar :D
Page 1 of 1