The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Emperor with Babies relocated....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Emperor with Babies relocated.... Empty
PostSubject: Emperor with Babies relocated....   Emperor with Babies relocated.... Empty4/13/2011, 6:48 pm

Hey everyone, heres an update on my Emperor who gave birth yesterday... I noticed at around midnight that the mother was fully exposed outside of her hide with all the babies on her back. Being that she just gave birth and my Emperors aren't out much I took a few minutes to admire her. Then I saw another one of my 3 Emperors come out of the hide and the mother and the other Emperor actually began to fight! So I relocated her to an iHome box I had laying around because it's all I had. I've never seen a Scorpion fight before and I'm glad there were no real injuries and all the babies are fine but man! Now That I look back, it was amazing. I just love these animals, I see so much beauty in everything they do.

Her unfortunate new home...
Emperor with Babies relocated.... DSC00279
Emperor with Babies relocated.... DSC00277
Emperor with Babies relocated.... DSC00276
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Emperor with Babies relocated....   Emperor with Babies relocated.... Empty4/14/2011, 4:48 am

Yeah, their fights are pretty intense lol As for her new home--if it works, it works!
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Emperor with Babies relocated....   Emperor with Babies relocated.... Empty4/14/2011, 9:54 am

New home will be fine for a while but as its cardbord it prly wi=ont last long lol, just get a cheap plastic tub for now, wish i had all those babies Sad well jealous, hopefilly might get our chance soon now we have the 2 females and male emp together Smile

Congrats by the way Smile
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Emperor with Babies relocated....   Emperor with Babies relocated.... Empty4/14/2011, 11:51 pm

bex wrote:
New home will be fine for a while but as its cardbord it prly wi=ont last long lol, just get a cheap plastic tub for now, wish i had all those babies Sad well jealous, hopefilly might get our chance soon now we have the 2 females and male emp together Smile

Congrats by the way Smile

That was a concern with me too but, I don't think it's cardboard. It might be some type of coroplast or the printing over it, but it seems very water resistant. Once the babies molt and get off her back I'm relocating them to my Biology teachers room and selling them =D. I'm working on Caresheet that I'll post up so someone can correct me if I made mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emperor with Babies relocated....   Emperor with Babies relocated.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Emperor with Babies relocated....
Page 1 of 1