The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

New additions + rehousing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roblicious
Babycurus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2011-02-08

New additions + rehousing  Empty
PostSubject: New additions + rehousing    New additions + rehousing  Empty4/9/2011, 9:58 pm

I redid my stripped devil's (V spin) enclosure again this time with a mix of sand and coco fiber, I finally dried on my other enclosures so I wa sable to put in my P boreus (Northern Scorpion), and my Rusty thick tailed (B Jacksoni), I also picked up another scorpion along with my B jacksoni for 10 bucks, a Parurctonus Silvestri (sucks thats the common name too ).

The P silvestri was a lot larger then I thought and it looks like its going to be molting in the near future, so I am going to have to make another trip to the container store to buy a slightly larger acrlyic container for this guy. I will update this thread with pics of the new enclosure for him/her when that does happen.

Without further ado here are some rehouse pics and pics of the new additions

Side by side
New additions + rehousing  IMG181

P Silvestri:
New additions + rehousing  IMG182

B Jacksoni:
New additions + rehousing  IMG177
New additions + rehousing  IMG179
New additions + rehousing  IMG178

P Boreus:
New additions + rehousing  IMG180
New additions + rehousing  IMG183

V Spin:
New additions + rehousing  IMG175
New additions + rehousing  IMG176
New additions + rehousing  IMG172
The V Spin was dragging that sucker around for a while lol

They are all near a heat pad or a IR light so they can get the off heat that they produce so they wil be above room temperature + my roomis pretty warm in general lol.

Now I need a shelf to store all these bad boys and girls as I am running out of room :p.

I will update with a new enclosure for the P Silvestri when I get it done.

EDIT/UPDATE

Well I ended up getting a S.Mesaenesis (Dune Scorpion) today and I went to the container store again and got 2 more containers for the S.Mesaenesis and the Silvestri.

Silvestri Enclosure, 70/30 mix of coco and sand packed in of course, I used a piece of PVC pipe cut in half to make that trap door spider style hole, it loves to hide so yeah I figured I might as well make it look cool. I put it up against the wall and I made sure it was visible for me to peak in from time to time Very Happy

New additions + rehousing  IMG191

Here is the Dune Scorpion/S.Mesaensis and its soon to be enclosure when it dries out.
I found a piece of cork bark outside, I washed and it put it under a blow dryer for about 20 mins thing was piping hot when I was done with it.
New additions + rehousing  IMG190
New additions + rehousing  IMG192
New additions + rehousing  IMG189

New additions + rehousing  IMG190

Last edited by Roblicious on 4/10/2011, 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: New additions + rehousing    New additions + rehousing  Empty4/9/2011, 11:18 pm

Love those containers, would love to get a few for some of the O. innesi i'll be importing soon. Is there a website for the store you got them at? And of course the contents are much better Wink
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: New additions + rehousing    New additions + rehousing  Empty4/10/2011, 12:32 am

containerstore.com

they might have one locally by you thats where I got mine
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: New additions + rehousing    New additions + rehousing  Empty4/10/2011, 1:23 am

It's looking great
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: New additions + rehousing    New additions + rehousing  Empty4/10/2011, 5:58 am

The silvestri is in a apple bees togo box.... lol I might just put him into one of those 7x4x4 containers just for the hell of it because yeah thats just ghetto lol.

Just waiting for more of the substrat to dry at least 2 inches of the top layer

bottom layer can be moist imo cause its more natural if you think about it.
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: New additions + rehousing    New additions + rehousing  Empty4/10/2011, 10:14 pm

new pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New additions + rehousing    New additions + rehousing  Empty

Back to top Go down

New additions + rehousing
Page 1 of 1