The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kayaket
Hadogenes
kayaket

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP! Empty
PostSubject: Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP!   Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP! Empty3/7/2011, 11:45 pm

Okay, I was handling my baby leo earlier, and noticed it has a purple triangle shaped spot on its belly, and a little blue circle in the middle. I looked it up, and thought it might be impaction, so I soaked him for around 20 mins. The purple looks like it moved down slightly, and the blue spot moved down to the bottom of the purple area... Please help! I dont want to lose this little guy, he's my very first leopard Ive ever had.. Crying or Very sad

Edit: He also has not been eating, but he hasnt really been lethargic.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP!   Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP! Empty3/8/2011, 12:29 pm

I think you'll need to do some searching mate because it's hard to say without seeing the lizard in person or even pictures. I just done a little search and came across a thread about the same thing and it came down to it's one of their organs that are visable through young leopard gecko's thin skin and nothing to worry about but it's weird if yours' spot has moved.
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP!   Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP! Empty3/8/2011, 12:34 pm

This is the thread I found but obviously I don't know how true it is or how it relates to yours.

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/lizards/91301-blue-spot-leos-belly.html
Back to top Go down
kayaket
Hadogenes
kayaket

PostSubject: Re: Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP!   Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP! Empty3/8/2011, 5:16 pm

That looks like it! Thanks! Maybe I dont need to worry as much anymore. But that still doesnt explain why he hasnt been eating... Hrm....
Back to top Go down
kayaket
Hadogenes
kayaket

PostSubject: Re: Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP!   Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP! Empty3/9/2011, 3:57 pm

He started eating again today! Very Happy Now I can quit freaking out.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP!   Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP! Empty3/10/2011, 7:45 am

Nice one, better to be safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP!   Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP! Empty

Back to top Go down

Baby Leopard Gecko has a purple/blue spot?! Help ASAP!
Page 1 of 1