The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Is too much humidity harmful?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vin Diesel
Centruroides
Vin Diesel

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Is too much humidity harmful?  Empty
PostSubject: Is too much humidity harmful?    Is too much humidity harmful?  Empty3/5/2011, 12:45 am

I had a issue with humidity at the start, but I sorta fixed it with some plastic wrap. Now the humidity is almost always 85-90+. I'm not sure if too much humidity harmful.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Is too much humidity harmful?    Is too much humidity harmful?  Empty3/5/2011, 12:12 pm

we just have a towel over the top of ours and if it gets to much just peel it back a bit till it drops again, the only problem with to much humidity i guess would be mould, you dont want it soacky wet in there not sure the scorpions wanna be too wet Smile

Maybe stick a few holes in the wrap to let some air circulate?
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Is too much humidity harmful?    Is too much humidity harmful?  Empty3/5/2011, 1:50 pm

there can never be too much humidity with emps, they are known to take fully submersed baths in their water dishes. But with high humidity comes a few problems, like what bex said, mould and other things like mites. Also it's a lil harder to dig for the scorps with a marsh-like substrate
Back to top Go down
Vin Diesel
Centruroides
Vin Diesel

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Is too much humidity harmful?    Is too much humidity harmful?  Empty3/6/2011, 1:09 am

Thanks guys I made a few holes on the wrap and it's never below 80% now. idk why I didn't think of it early -__-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is too much humidity harmful?    Is too much humidity harmful?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Is too much humidity harmful?
Page 1 of 1