The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

P. Irminia Pic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/1/2011, 3:17 am

Here's a recent pic of one of my 4 P. Irminia/Venezuelan SunTigers.

She had bolt while I was doing tank maintenance. I got her back home pretty easily and quickly and then she just chilled for the camera. I got some nice pics! She didn't move much so I'm only posting 1 up, but his is shortly after a molt and she is 3" or something! Definitely one of my beauty's!!

P. Irminia Pic PsalmopoeusIrminia4
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/1/2011, 1:02 pm

Stunning mate, definitely a beauty.

I'm thinking about an arboreal T next, however don't like the sound of "she had bolt while I was doing tank maintenance" though! Very Happy

Know of any calmer arboreal T's or am I missing the point?
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
iitomodachi1
Tityus

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/1/2011, 1:49 pm

I'm not really sure, I can ask a few people I talk with that are pretty much strictly into T's. They are so odd, the ones that I have (OBT's) that are supposed to be all aggro, bolt and bite randomly and often are the most chill T's I have and the other's bolt. This was actually the 1st time in the past year that I've had a Suntiger bolt. She just ran about 6" and stopped. I always keep a deli cup next to me so I put the cup over them, she climbed in and I put it to the front of her enclosure and she happily climbed into it and chilled for the pictures. I pull the coveres completely off for feeding and misting and they plenty of time to run and rarely do, so it was freak thing. My H. Maculata's have bolted on numerous occasions though and they keep running Very Happy Not so cool! Suntigers though are supposed to be a little ornery though and they also hide a lot. I rarely see any of my aboreals. I think i need some pokies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/1/2011, 5:19 pm

JamieLawrence wrote:
don't like the sound of "she had bolt while I was doing tank maintenance" though! Very Happy

Hmmm wouldn't like that! How fast do/can these dudes move when they want to, the kids have a spider phobia they have picked up from my mum in law, so scream and squash instantly, they would actually freak if I got one ( I prly would too but be interesting to find out if that's the case) Smile
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/1/2011, 6:18 pm

Some move pretty fast Very Happy Actually all can move very fast but some will keep running and others aren't as inclined to bolt Very Happy Like I said my H. Macs will run forever, but my others have ran about 6" and then been like, what was I running for?? There's food and a nice hide back there! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/1/2011, 7:12 pm

Ok cheers. Yeah let us know if anything comes up but I did kind of think that all arboreal T's are going to be quick. Maybe I'll stick with the terrestrials for now Very Happy I think I'd be fine though, I do have quite a hands off approach.

I see my first pokies at a show recently, stunning. One day!

Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/2/2011, 6:23 pm

Yeah Jamie, you have had enough critters where I think you would be ok with any T. In fact your acknowledgment and hesitance is enough to show that you would have no problems Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/3/2011, 5:06 am

Cheers mate, I think I'm getting there. I've had the G. pulchripes for quite awhile now and it's moulted and my B. smithi moulted yesterday and has doubled in size. I think I'll keep reading and try to find a calmer arboreal T that web's up, just got to find the one!
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/3/2011, 9:16 am

Cool, if I think of any I'll let you know. Maybe I'll try to bounce a question off of a buddy of mine and see if he has any recommendations. Congrats on the molts too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/3/2011, 1:32 pm

Ok sweet. Just a quick one, how long roughly should I wait to feed again after a moult?
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/3/2011, 1:37 pm

I'd wait until the T kicks the molt out of it's hide, roughly 2 or 3 days. Most of my t's close off their hides too when they are ready to molt so if there is a cricket it can't get in and then they open it up after they are ready Very Happy But I'd give it 2 or 3 days and if they molt in their hide like mine, that is about the same time it takes them to push the molt out of their hide.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/3/2011, 2:29 pm

Ok thanks, yeah help's alot. The molt is still down in the burrow so I'll wait a few days.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/3/2011, 2:39 pm

I was writing down when everyone molted and what not and I started to figure out the timing that way. If you have one within the burrow yet it probably molted within the last 2 days at longest Very Happy Glad I could help
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/4/2011, 4:41 am

Thinking about it, I should be taking more notes really.

It's been 2 days, moult is still down the burrow.

I've got a new tank set-up for it, should I wait even longer to re-house it?
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/4/2011, 9:29 am

How big is your T now? And how big is it's current enclosure? Lastly what enclosure are you thinking about moving it to?

If it is too big for it's current enclosure then yes, if not, it depends on the other things. Post some pix up if you gottem' Bro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JC50
Pandinus

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-02-28

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/5/2011, 1:39 am

JamieLawrence wrote:
Cheers mate, I think I'm getting there. I've had the G. pulchripes for quite awhile now and it's moulted and my B. smithi moulted yesterday and has doubled in size. I think I'll keep reading and try to find a calmer arboreal T that web's up, just got to find the one!

Hi Jamie.If you are looking for a nice arboreal T that webs a lot and is calm,you want to look into an A. avicularia. They are great arboreal spiders that look good and are docile plus do some very intricate webbing.
Back to top Go down
JC50
Pandinus

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/5/2011, 1:44 am

JamieLawrence wrote:
Ok sweet. Just a quick one, how long roughly should I wait to feed again after a moult?

The amount of time depends on the size of the spider.Slings and smaller spiders can be ready to eat again in a couple of days.Larger and adult spiders can take a week,give or take a few days before they are ready to eat again.They are ready to eat again after their fangs are black which will let you know they are hardened up after the molt.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/5/2011, 5:47 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:
How big is your T now? And how big is it's current enclosure? Lastly what enclosure are you thinking about moving it to?

If it is too big for it's current enclosure then yes, if not, it depends on the other things. Post some pix up if you gottem' Bro Very Happy

Ok mate, give me until later today and I'll get a thread up with pics of my spider, current enclosure and the one I've got set-up and see what you think.

JC50 wrote:
Hi Jamie.If you are looking for a nice arboreal T that webs a lot and is calm,you want to look into an A. avicularia. They are great arboreal spiders that look good and are docile plus do some very intricate webbing.

Thanks for the recommendation mate I'll look into that species, sounds good, I'm on limited space so it has to be the right one. Cheers for the tips on feeding after a molt, interesting. I'll check it's fangs.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/5/2011, 11:20 am

JamieLawrence wrote:
iitomodachi1 wrote:

Ok mate, give me until later today and I'll get a thread up with pics of my spider, current enclosure and the one I've got set-up and see what you think.

JC50 wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation mate I'll look into that species, sounds good, I'm on limited space so it has to be the right one. Cheers for the tips on feeding after a molt, interesting. I'll check it's fangs.

Awesome, I'll keep my eyes open and I have +1 no JC50's comment. I have not hand any Avicularia myself but they are pretty common and highly sought after, I have also heard from numerous sources that they are good aboreals. Many of the species of this species are called Pink Toes if that rings a bell. I guess I always forget to mention them because (well I have not kept any and mostly) I forget they are aboreal. The definitely aren't as leggy as other Aboreal T's.
Back to top Go down
Vin Diesel
Centruroides
Vin Diesel

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2011-02-19

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/5/2011, 2:25 pm

I admire your awesome collections iitom. The color pattern is amazing on this T.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/5/2011, 2:53 pm

Thank you, I have 4 of them and if it's reliable to sex them by color they're all female, hard see as they only come out after a mist and that's not even consistent. When this one bolted on me and then hung out in the enclosure rather than running right back to the hide I had to take pix Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JC50
Pandinus

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/5/2011, 5:12 pm

iitomodachi1 wrote:
Thank you, I have 4 of them and if it's reliable to sex them by color they're all female, hard see as they only come out after a mist and that's not even consistent. When this one bolted on me and then hung out in the enclosure rather than running right back to the hide I had to take pix Very Happy

She is pretty and they are awesome Tarantulas in my opinion.I have a female that just molted two days ago and actually came out last night so i was able to get a look at her and they just keep getting better looking with each molt.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty3/6/2011, 7:28 pm

JC50 wrote:
iitomodachi1 wrote:

She is pretty and they are awesome Tarantulas in my opinion.I have a female that just molted two days ago and actually came out last night so i was able to get a look at her and they just keep getting better looking with each molt.

+1 Very Happy I'm amazed each time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

P. Irminia Pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. Irminia Pic   P. Irminia Pic Empty

Back to top Go down

P. Irminia Pic
Page 1 of 1