The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 

M. Martensii arrived!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CockroachKisses
Pandinus

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: M. Martensii arrived!   2/15/2011, 10:14 pm

Yep! Got my pair this afternoon. I was pretty much running in circles when the FedEx truck came in my driveway.
I pretty much shredded the box to get at them, and I have fallen in love. They're both about an inch or so without the tail, the female is a bit chunky so I figure she might be going into a molt soon, maybe. Anyway, when I got the lid off the female, Zhen, she pretty much came out fighting and grabbing everything. Now she's walking around like a tiny T-rex checking out the territory.

The male, Xing, must have been napping the entire trip. I took the lid off and he kinda sat there. Only when I kicked him out of the cup did he take 3 steps to the corner and curl up. Neutral Then I went back a bit later, and he had burrowed himself in the same spot, only his tail was stickin' out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DolbyR
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: M. Martensii arrived!   2/20/2011, 6:09 am

Your substrate looks quite wet. I would be careful as not to keep the humidity too high, you wouldn't want them to get mycosis.
AFAIK, they should be kept at 40-60%. Look out for the caresheet here in SF, if you haven't done so yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com

M. Martensii arrived!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1