The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Envyizm's scorpion pictures

Go down 
+29
ShredderEmp
~Abyss~
thegromgrom
rusheed_87
Bakke84
Parabuthus21
cody1984
steven555
bluefrogtat2
nothreat33
voldemort
shadowfoot
tfleming
DolbyR
Obeah
Wearelegion
tdark1
**GS**
Scorpion19981000
Chrome
Streettrash
*~BEX~*
shanos
tlb_05
shining
leiurusSaleen820
pluto
Troglodyte
Envyizm
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty8/27/2012, 7:19 pm

Doesn't exactly look like I got a 100% chocolate morph yield from this brood, but these guys aren't fully hardened yet. I keep mine in semi elaborate enclosures with many hiding spots that babies can become lost, so I pick them off a few days after they molt to second instar if I manage to drop the ball and forget to separate her out into a private birthing box prior to her giving birth.

Delicious!
Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Dsc00314

I also recently discovered a second chocolate morph jacksoni with babies on her back. Maybe it's about time to start working on a large hive enclosure...
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectgeeks.com/Envyizm
tfleming
Tityus
tfleming

Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty8/27/2012, 7:50 pm

Beautiful!!!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty8/27/2012, 7:51 pm

tfleming wrote:
Beautiful!!!
+1.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty8/30/2012, 1:59 pm

Update: Chocolate Babycurus jacksoni gave birth to 4 typicals out of over 20 offspring, so I'm getting to 100% yield. I guess I might as well produce typicals as well. Speaking of Babycurus...

Odonturus dentatus with her offspring. These are very close in lineage with Babycurus. In fact, they're often times mislabeled as Babycurus jacksoni. To be honest, I can't tell the babies apart until about 5i if I don't label them
Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Dsc00315

The shape of the tail as well as the larger subacular tooth are good ways to tell the two species apart. Also, the adults have a defined stripe down their bodies whereas Babycurus jacksoni looses most of their stripe on the way to maturity
Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Dsc00316

These guys almost have a club shaped tail like the one seen in Rhopalurus males
Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Dsc00317

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty8/30/2012, 2:24 pm

Congrats man! Those look beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Parabuthus21
Hadogenes
Parabuthus21

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty8/30/2012, 3:35 pm

Beautiful! cheers
Back to top Go down
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty8/30/2012, 3:46 pm

shadowfoot wrote:
Congrats man! Those look beautiful!

Parabuthus21 wrote:
Beautiful! cheers

Sadly, I'm one of very few people who have actually dedicated time to breeding this species. I good amount of breeders have been turned off from this species due to the superficial similarity to that of Babycurus jacksoni. It wouldn't surprise me if I were to find out that I am only person working with this species. Now, grant it I rarely find a scorpion species that I don't like to work with, but I really like working with this species.
I actually got a female zero originally from a shop here in the states. I was looking for another male jacksoni to add some genetic diversity within my culture. I knew immediately when I pulled her out of the vial what species she was and the gender as well. She produced 3 broods for me without ever being with another dentatus in my care. The 3 broods she produced now occupy the same space in a 5.5 gallon habitat where they have many fun times dropping spermatophores, eating small animals and generally staying reclusive. I'm really excited that I have been able to get another chance to see their life cycle. I will eventually expand these guys to a 10 gallon communal culture like a good majority of my communal cultures.
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty8/30/2012, 3:52 pm

They may look the same as B.jacksoni but how are their personalities compared with each other? I like to think every scorpion species has a personality trait that only they have.
Back to top Go down
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty8/30/2012, 3:59 pm

shadowfoot wrote:
They may look the same as B.jacksoni but how are their personalities compared with each other? I like to think every scorp has a good personality trait.

For someone who looks at scorpions quite frequently such as ourselves, they really don't look a whole lot like jacksoni past the early stages. I believe I have a pic or two posted on previous pages in this thread.

As far as personality is concerned, they seem to be a good deal more nervous, which seems hard to top if you've worked with Babycurus sp. They also appear to communicate a good deal less while still exhibiting social behaviors such as hide sharing, food sharing and offspring tolerance to other members of the species. They're also smaller overall and tend to not tolerate arid habitats quite as well as jacksoni and appear to be less prone to mycosis.
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty8/30/2012, 4:15 pm

Envyizm wrote:

As far as personality is concerned, they seem to be a good deal more nervous, which seems hard to top if you've worked with Babycurus sp.
Its always a good thing to have a few more nervous species in ones collection as it keeps you on your toes Very Happy
Some of my more nervous species has taught me to never understimate scorpions even if you think you are knowing what you are doing.
Back to top Go down
Bakke84
Pandinus

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty10/13/2012, 7:32 am

Amazing collection and broods, very nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty6/2/2013, 5:11 pm

Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Dsc00610

Heterometrus petersii with 1st instars

This is the second time I've gotten a brood from this species, but the first time I didn't disturb her with pictures and her brood was quite small by comparison to this one. This is the size of their broods that should come with being in optimum conditions for the full term of their gestation. I know we don't see too many long term captive broods, which is why I decided to share. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty6/2/2013, 5:56 pm

That is a nice big brood. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
rusheed_87
Hadogenes
rusheed_87

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty6/2/2013, 8:51 pm

congrtas with the slings cheers
Back to top Go down
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty6/2/2013, 9:13 pm

shadowfoot wrote:
That is a nice big brood. Congrats!

rusheed_87 wrote:
congrats with the slings cheers

Thanks, guys. I've really taken a liking to this species and the genus as a whole. You don't see too many deliberately breeding this genus in the us hobby, so I decided to take a stab at it and I'm really liking the results. I may try to get my hands on more Heterometrus and other scorpionidae here in the near future. I've dealt with mostly buthids for the entire time I've been breeding scorpions, but breeding this species came as a pleasant change.
Back to top Go down
tfleming
Tityus
tfleming

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty6/2/2013, 9:27 pm

Nice lookin' brood Bro. Congrats!!!
Back to top Go down
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty6/5/2013, 9:22 pm

The rotation has come around again and now it's time for some of my recently matured adults to produce for the first time.

Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Dsc00611
Tityus serrulatus covered in scorplings as well as poop in my little serrulatus shark tank colony
Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Dsc00612
Odonturus dentatus covered in recently molted 2i scorplings
Back to top Go down
tfleming
Tityus
tfleming

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty6/5/2013, 11:14 pm

Wow, that's great. I lost all of mine. Not sure why!
Back to top Go down
thegromgrom
Breeder
thegromgrom

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty6/6/2013, 10:07 pm

Congrats man, my serralatus are getting close
Back to top Go down
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty6/12/2013, 6:30 pm

They grow up so fast...
Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Dsc00613
Heterometrus petersii x 27
Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Dsc00614
Odonturus dentatus x 21
Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Dsc00615
Babycurus jacksoni (chocolate and typical) x 22

Last edited by Envyizm on 6/14/2013, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty6/12/2013, 6:57 pm

Sean I envy your collection I always wanted to do a B.jacks communal set up with both regular and choloates. The O.dentatus are really cool looking too, I know pictures don't do them justice and they end up looking just like the b.jacks but they're much prettier in person.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty6/12/2013, 7:12 pm

~Abyss~ wrote:
Sean I envy your collection I always wanted to do a B.jacks communal set up with both regular and choloates. The O.dentatus are really cool looking too, I know pictures don't do them justice and they end up looking just like the b.jacks but they're much prettier in person.

So the only scorpion I have that you don't is A Babycurus jacksoni? Haha, yes! I have something you don't!!!!Razz

Love those pictures though!
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty6/14/2013, 11:06 am

Now I'm gonna get one just for that Razz
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty6/14/2013, 1:57 pm

How did I miss these pics? Congrats man!
Back to top Go down
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty6/14/2013, 3:17 pm

shadowfoot wrote:
How did I miss these pics? Congrats man!

Thanks! I like to think that I'm doing some good by producing these little guys. I added the brood size for each one of those pictures just in case anyone was curious of how many were in each brood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Envyizm's scorpion pictures   Envyizm's scorpion pictures - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Envyizm's scorpion pictures
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next