The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Premoult Scorpion... Perhaps

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nikja
Pandinus

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Premoult Scorpion... Perhaps Empty
PostSubject: Premoult Scorpion... Perhaps   Premoult Scorpion... Perhaps Empty1/26/2011, 2:46 am

Ok, so... I have a Flinders Ranges Scorpion (Urodacus elongatus), and she is almost two years old. Around a month ago, she burrowed (just after I bought my tarantula, which I thought was funny). She was underground between then and about one and a half weeks ago. I figured she was moulting, because she did a similar thing the first time she moulted.

But then she appeared last week, still very fat and not very energetic, and she hasn't really done anything. She isn't interested in eating, and she hasn't moulted. Is it normal for them to wait so long?

On another note, my Urodacus yaschenkoi isn't interested in eating either, and never leaves his burrow, but that's probably just the heat... At least my tarantula isn't acting weird.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Premoult Scorpion... Perhaps   Premoult Scorpion... Perhaps Empty1/26/2011, 9:55 pm

Depends on if she has been together with males or not...If she was alone then most likely molt. If she was with the male, its very possible thats shes gravid and about to pop...
Back to top Go down
Nikja
Pandinus

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Premoult Scorpion... Perhaps   Premoult Scorpion... Perhaps Empty1/28/2011, 9:52 pm

She's definitely not gravid; I don't have any males. I just didn't think it would take this long for her to even start to moult, and she still hasn't done anything of note after two weeks or so. Should I just leave her in a dark room with higher humidity and temp, or something else?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Premoult Scorpion... Perhaps   Premoult Scorpion... Perhaps Empty1/29/2011, 5:59 pm

It's normal for scorpions to disappear for long times or not seem interested in eating.

As far as not being with males, some scorpions can have gestations approaching two years. The only way to conclusively know if she's not gravid is if she's molted in your care (with the exception of parthenogenic species).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Premoult Scorpion... Perhaps   Premoult Scorpion... Perhaps Empty

Back to top Go down

Premoult Scorpion... Perhaps
Page 1 of 1