The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

My first and sweetest tarantula

Go down 
+2
Mr. Mordax
Andrew273
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew273
Tityus
Andrew273

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2008-02-06

My first and sweetest tarantula Empty
PostSubject: My first and sweetest tarantula   My first and sweetest tarantula Empty4/21/2008, 2:50 pm

This is my G rosea, Rosie. She was the second invert I've ever had and the first one I kept correctly. I love her to death, she's sweet as a kitten. She's been in premolt for months now. She's blackbottomed and refusing food but won't make a molting mat, in fact she never webs at all. She's my "crazy T". I've gone through half a dozen substrate changes before finally finding one she actually likes to lay on (75% Calci-sand, 25% CocoaFiber). She's weird like that. Can I expect a molt soon from her, she's got me worried?

My first and sweetest tarantula Photo-1
My first and sweetest tarantula Photo-2
My first and sweetest tarantula Photo
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/andrew273
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: My first and sweetest tarantula   My first and sweetest tarantula Empty4/21/2008, 3:13 pm

She's a cute one. Very Happy Don't worry about her not molting yet; half the posts on AB are "my rosie is acting funny." A friend once put it best by saying that rosies are the class clowns of the tarantula world.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: My first and sweetest tarantula   My first and sweetest tarantula Empty4/21/2008, 3:30 pm

Mate i know ppl that have waited over a year before a Rosie whould take food or molt.. trust me they are bloody weird when it comes to that.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
redknee
Tityus

Number of posts : 662
Location : Sw. Georgia, Home of the Hentzi King and the C. hentzi army

PostSubject: Re: My first and sweetest tarantula   My first and sweetest tarantula Empty4/21/2008, 11:33 pm

congrats on ya first T, you end up getting more at some point, maybe not a large collection but you will have more
Welcome to the World of keeping T's ,next you should try to get ya a Pink Toe or even a Golden Chaco knee
Back to top Go down
Andrew273
Tityus
Andrew273

PostSubject: She flipped!   My first and sweetest tarantula Empty4/23/2008, 3:08 pm

She just flipped over an hour or so ago. I'm so nervous. Now that she's actually molting I'm worried about her being between the glass and her hide. She put down a very tiny bit of webbing it looks like. She may molt out while I'm at work. I hope everything goes okay... Her little leg is moving every once in a while. She's my baby, I hope she molts out fine.

My first and sweetest tarantula Photo-3
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: My first and sweetest tarantula   My first and sweetest tarantula Empty4/23/2008, 3:16 pm

aww. i was gonna get a T but i got a scorp. i love both! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: My first and sweetest tarantula   My first and sweetest tarantula Empty4/23/2008, 3:18 pm

she picked the spot, im sure she will be fine
Maybe throw a towel or something so you cant watch and also so she is in darkness
xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: My first and sweetest tarantula   My first and sweetest tarantula Empty4/23/2008, 4:52 pm

^What Connie said. Pretend she doesn't exist for a day or two and you won't worry. Wink
Back to top Go down
Andrew273
Tityus
Andrew273

PostSubject: Re: My first and sweetest tarantula   My first and sweetest tarantula Empty4/24/2008, 9:10 pm

She molted out fine this morning. I'm so happy. Now she just needs to harden up so I can take the exoskeleton and but 100% sure it's a girl.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: My first and sweetest tarantula   My first and sweetest tarantula Empty4/24/2008, 11:14 pm

I could tell from the first photo it was a female. Cool Males look like a large grape with legs.

Glad to hear that she molted fine. Did you get to the molt in time to pose it all awesome-like?
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: My first and sweetest tarantula   My first and sweetest tarantula Empty4/25/2008, 3:15 am

Andrew273 wrote:
She molted out fine this morning. I'm so happy. Now she just needs to harden up so I can take the exoskeleton and but 100% sure it's a girl.

Andrew you can allways just post a picture of the molt and we can help you sex it.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first and sweetest tarantula   My first and sweetest tarantula Empty

Back to top Go down

My first and sweetest tarantula
Page 1 of 1