The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Scorpion Studies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Adnaan
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Scorpion Studies Empty
PostSubject: Scorpion Studies   Scorpion Studies Empty1/20/2011, 3:27 am

Sup guys, been checking this forum alot for scorpion information. im fascinated by these critters and iv had my own Empress for about a month and a half now. I think shes gravid!

What i was wondering was, Are there any behavioural studies that have been done on scorpions i could find online? or perhaps a study of scorpion pregnancy (stages, etc)? anything really. like I said, they fascinate me!
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

Scorpion Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Studies   Scorpion Studies Empty1/20/2011, 11:34 am

Hey, welcome to the forum. Someone should be along shortly with some good info for you. Otherwise just search around on here and you will be sure to find what you are looking for. I myself have never had an emperor but I do have some Asian Forest Scorpions (H. Spinifer) that are similar when I get home from work I will look for a write up one of the guys did on here on their life cycle and post the link here, hopefully that should help.
Back to top Go down
Adnaan
Pandinus

Scorpion Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Studies   Scorpion Studies Empty1/20/2011, 4:58 pm

Sounds great! Thanks man. I thought about getting a spinifer next but im leaning more now to the bark scorpions. I hear they're more active.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Scorpion Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Studies   Scorpion Studies Empty1/20/2011, 5:17 pm

I think this is the one, hope it helps. Alex who answered my request is super helpful and knows his stuff with Heterometrus.

https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t5114-h-spin-life-cycle?highlight=H+++Spin+Life+Cycle

I do have some Barks too but they are just slings now and too little to see who active they really are. Mine are C. Sculturatus. I do believe there are a fair amount of people on here that have had experience with various barks.

Actually I have some B. Jacksoni too but they hide all the time.

Anyways, hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Scorpion Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Studies   Scorpion Studies Empty1/20/2011, 7:39 pm

If you can get your hands on The Biology of Scorpions by Gary Polis, it's a great resource. Other than that, see if you can find someone at your local university who can hook you up with scientific journals. Very Happy I know that when I was at OSU I had free access to a lot of articles.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Scorpion Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Studies   Scorpion Studies Empty1/20/2011, 8:29 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
If you can get your hands on The Biology of Scorpions by Gary Polis, it's a great resource. Other than that, see if you can find someone at your local university who can hook you up with scientific journals. Very Happy I know that when I was at OSU I had free access to a lot of articles.

I'll try to find the link again or if you just google that book you might find it. There is a site out there that has this book on PDF and you can buy the PDF for like $5. Otherwise the book in it's most used and beat up form will cost you an arm and a leg as well as your first born! I will have to find it and buy it as was my intention but forgot Sad.

I had asked the same question a while back and that is the most recommended response I received as well.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Scorpion Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Studies   Scorpion Studies Empty1/20/2011, 9:10 pm

They also had a copy at OSU's library, so you might check whatever local university you can.

Edit: Hmm, two university-related posts in one thread. Dang, I miss living in a college town. Razz
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Scorpion Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Studies   Scorpion Studies Empty1/21/2011, 5:48 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:
Mr. Mordax wrote:

I'll try to find the link again or if you just google that book you might find it. There is a site out there that has this book on PDF and you can buy the PDF for like $5. Otherwise the book in it's most used and beat up form will cost you an arm and a leg as well as your first born! I will have to find it and buy it as was my intention but forgot Sad.

I had asked the same question a while back and that is the most recommended response I received as well.

ive been looking for this book for a while and cant find it anywhere, i look forward to you posting the link to pdf Smile

Heres a link to a list of some good books, i believe some have links to PDF but unfortunaltly not for the above Sad

http://www.ntnu.no/ub/scorpion-files/litterature.php
Back to top Go down
Adnaan
Pandinus

Scorpion Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Studies   Scorpion Studies Empty1/21/2011, 7:09 am

Ill ask around my university to see if we have any hard copies of these books. I did manage to find this quite easily http://books.google.ca/books?id=6OqeAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=the+biology+of+scorpions+gary+a+polis&source=bl&ots=ZRz3_kgzr_&sig=n7OV7CkLfaAA6Bp_dOwjOawvM_g&hl=en&ei=lGg5TYyaDISosQPx4vmIAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBUQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false . Im gunna get onto reading it! This has been really helpful, lets try to keep the conversation going, maybe more will pop up.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Scorpion Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Studies   Scorpion Studies Empty1/21/2011, 7:23 am

ah cool thanx , time to read lol...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scorpion Studies Empty