The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

:( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :(

Go down 
+3
**GS**
levi
*~BEX~*
7 posters
AuthorMessage
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

:( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( Empty
PostSubject: :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :(   :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( Empty1/14/2011, 6:14 am

Sad Hey everyone went to check on our E.flavicaudis today and found one dead (well parts of it)

i have no idea what happened they have been fine since we caught them in september, i dont know if it was canablism or it just died and got ate, either way we are pretty sad.

heres some pics i took before i realised one was gone and couple of the bits i found.

:( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( 55c2f7c3

:( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( 20bac9ac

:( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( 65bd9d3f

:( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( 780418f8

:( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( 720f4d60

now i dont know if we should seperate them or not? or wether we may have a gravid female in there after all (although they are so small its hard to tell)
or if it was just an unfortunate natural death followed by being eaten by fellow scorps? or would crickets eat it? i know crickets will munch on freshly molted scorps are they also likely to eat dead ones too?
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :(   :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( Empty1/14/2011, 9:31 am

Im sorry for your loss bex..
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :(   :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( Empty1/14/2011, 1:09 pm

So sry to hear abt yr loss bex.. Sad
Its hard to tell death by canabalism or natural death followed by scavenging but i know cricket does feed on dead scorp other then munching on molting ones..

If its the first, its possible u got a gravid one there thou.. Now the thing is to know which one Smile
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :(   :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( Empty1/14/2011, 4:09 pm

umm, could it be bits of a molt? i cant tell.
shame if it was cannibalism, maybe separate them to males/young and females, so if one is gravid it has less tank mates to eat.
hopefully its just a one-off thing.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :(   :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( Empty1/14/2011, 4:17 pm

Def not mould I'm afraid Sad and we are trying to decide if we should separate or not, just seems weird how they live communally naturally and we have had no problems since we had them not one fight they just put up with each other.... Will update soon but will prly be separating I guess
Back to top Go down
Plits
Pandinus
Plits

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :(   :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( Empty1/14/2011, 8:05 pm

Sorry about...

I buy 22 babys of them last summer, and i take them communally, after 14 days just 13 of them are in the box an after a mont i recuperate 2 of them and i separate it.

The canabalism have large place with this fellow. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://ScorpusPark.e-monsite.com
ColoredPencils
Centruroides
ColoredPencils

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :(   :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( Empty1/14/2011, 8:17 pm

That's too bad. Sorry for the loss. I'd say it could be cannibalism, or even crickets. I had a small snake once that didn't eat his crickets fast enough, so they ate him...
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :(   :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( Empty1/15/2011, 4:54 am

I just wouldn't expect canablism from this Specific group of E.flavicaudis they live in a huge colony ( the only colony of scorpion in the uk) all together in small stretches of brick wall, so the are used to living close to one another, when we caught them there was numbers of them together in groups in cracks specially scorplings, and it's not as if they have gone hungry since we got them, also we have no idea of there age none jabe molted so i assume they are all adult may have just ben old age, I dunno we plan to go get more in the summer though yay!! Smile
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :(   :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( Empty1/15/2011, 5:57 am

Aww, sorry to hear that. I'm not sure if you should separate them because it seems like they lived well together and you're not completely sure it was cannibalism either. And more scorpions is always better Smile
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :(   :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( Empty1/15/2011, 7:20 am

I know it's a tough one would be a shame to separate them really, think for now I'm going to leave them and see how things go, can't wait till summers here so we can go up again and get some more deffo be coming home with more than 4 next time lol,

we plan to use a large ( vertically) Exo terra tank and make a fake brick wall to go at the back of the tank from bottom to top so it's like there home just smaller bricks ( prly carve out of polystyrene making some nice cracks for them to hide in like they do naturally) paint it brick coloured and train some plant up it ( maybe a fake ivy would be better) should look really cool

Roll on that one week of summer we get lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :(   :( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :( Empty

Back to top Go down

:( Lost one of our Euscorpius flavicaudis :(
Page 1 of 1