The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

question about scorplings

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mezzle992
Centruroides
mezzle992

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-06-26

question about scorplings Empty
PostSubject: question about scorplings   question about scorplings Empty1/1/2011, 5:50 pm

ive got 2 vaejovis scorplings and thier separated into 2 1.5 inch pots the scorps are about 7 mm in size. Im just wondering is thi big enough and has anyone got any tips because i get a bit worried about how vulnurable they are because of thier size and i cant tell if theyve eaten or not.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: question about scorplings   question about scorplings Empty1/1/2011, 10:59 pm

That small of a container for that size of a scorp should be OK. Give them a chunk of egg carton or cardboard to hide under.

In that small of a container, it also ought to be easy to tell if they've eaten or not (i.e., the prey won't be hard to find if they haven't eaten).

I also suggest misting half the cup every couple of days. In my experience, scorpions that small are prone to dessication.
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: question about scorplings   question about scorplings Empty1/2/2011, 5:50 pm

7mm ,,, thats tiny lol i always find pin head crickets are a pain in the backside,,, could you use a dead larger cricket for the scorpling to fed on????
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: question about scorplings   question about scorplings Empty1/2/2011, 7:04 pm

My wife has fed cricket "drumsticks" to baby tarantulas, so possibly.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: question about scorplings   question about scorplings Empty1/4/2011, 10:19 am

Mr. Mordax wrote:

haha really thats cute! never thought of feeding just limbs off larger feeders for smaller inverts, good idea! Smile
Back to top Go down
mezzle992
Centruroides
mezzle992

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: question about scorplings   question about scorplings Empty1/4/2011, 3:26 pm

is what ive done is taken some very young pupa from my meal worm farm and put those in there with them, i think its the easiest way to do it if they wont eat dead stuff, they dont eat so theres no danger of them eating the scorp and the dont move very often, and it would be easy to see if the scorps have tried eating it. just out of interest how much will scorps that size eat?
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: question about scorplings   question about scorplings Empty1/4/2011, 4:05 pm

231bex wrote:
Mr. Mordax wrote:

haha really thats cute! never thought of feeding just limbs off larger feeders for smaller inverts, good idea! Smile

It works very well, but in my experience that feeding method didn't last very long. At about 3i they stopped going after the limbs/prekilled prey. At first I thought they weren't hungry, but when I threw in a small roach, they jumped all over it and fed again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about scorplings   question about scorplings Empty

Back to top Go down

question about scorplings
Page 1 of 1