The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[ASA] Rhopalurus junceus

Go down 
+17
Ludedor24
shining
PatoLoco
Annababe
Troglodyte
pluto
Streettrash
Roblicious
BradPitbull
levi
*~BEX~*
anemiaffx
H. laoticus
Chrome
Canth
Buggs
**GS**
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Troglodyte
Centruroides
Troglodyte

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-02-02

[ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty9/19/2011, 6:36 pm

Very cool man. Beautiful scorpions. I love the molting sequence and the baby photos.
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty9/19/2011, 6:53 pm

Beautiful babies and AMAZING pictures!!!!

With Halloween right around the corner they made me think of the candy corns with the chocolate parts lol.
Back to top Go down
Troglodyte
Centruroides
Troglodyte

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty9/19/2011, 7:03 pm

hmmm. chocolate candy corns. i just discovered christmas corns this year. tell me more.
Back to top Go down
PatoLoco
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty9/19/2011, 7:11 pm

Well, you asked for contributions so here it is!

I don't know what instar this little guy (girl?) is, it has molted once in my care and is still quite small. I'll take a size comparison picture in the near future to spice up your R.j. thread a bit more Wink

Anyway, picture was taken a while ago, it was and still is pretty fat so i'm guessing it's going to moult soon. No pictures of feeding, just a scorpion that's chilling out!

This scorp is an eight legged psycho killer! I bought some crickets a couple days ago, 4 crickets (yes i buy them in quite small quantities :p), all different sizes. The biggest one of them moulted while i went home. When i bought it i already thought 'hmmm this one might be a bit on the big side' so it's safe to say the post-moult cricket was huge compared to my scorp. I dropped it in the tank just to see what would happen and sure enough, a while later i saw the little Rhopalurus chilling on his piece of bark with a very unfortunate cricket in it's chelae. Missed the sting though Sad

I think it's safe to say these guys are fearless and can take on prey that's a lot bigger. Awesome species and the colors are SO amazing Smile

Somehow this piece of bark always looks soaking wet while it's just a bit moist due to misting. Oh well Smile

[ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 P1010983

Gotta love that fat tummy! Smile

[ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 P1010987

Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty9/19/2011, 8:37 pm

Troglodyte wrote:
hmmm. chocolate candy corns. i just discovered christmas corns this year. tell me more.

Hee hee

[ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Chocca11
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty9/20/2011, 3:38 am

mmmh choco corns!

nice to see you around Gs and thanks for bringing this thread alive so i can see that species.
those rjs are gorgeous,jeez another species to add to the want list.
im loving their colors right after they molt.wowwwies.look at that see through blue legs and chelae.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty9/20/2011, 9:25 am

Streettrash wrote:
Well GS, it's good to hear from you again! Nice looking brood you have there.
Thanks bro. Its nice to be back to meet you guys too Smile

pluto wrote:
Its great and yes good you're back for a second. I already hinted at you in one of my posts earlier that the forum missed your great contributions.
Thanks for your kind words Sam bro. I've learn alot from your sharing as well Very Happy

*~BEX~* wrote:
wow those babies are absolutly gorgeous....great pics as always...you have been missed Smile
It's heartwarming to hear that.. haha EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed

Troglodyte wrote:
Very cool man. Beautiful scorpions. I love the molting sequence and the baby photos.
Thanks Mate. Glad that you enjoyed them Smile

Annababe wrote:
Beautiful babies and AMAZING pictures!!!!
With Halloween right around the corner they made me think of the candy corns with the chocolate parts lol.
[ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Chocca11
Hey Annababe.. nice candy corns posted!! I can see the resemblance.. haha

PatoLoco wrote:
Spoiler:
Thanks for your contributions mate. Yep, it'll be good to have a size reference to gauge the instar.
Please feel free to post your pictures/ findings here to share Smile

shining wrote:
mmmh choco corns!
nice to see you around Gs and thanks for bringing this thread alive so i can see that species.
those rjs are gorgeous,jeez another species to add to the want list.
im loving their colors right after they molt.wowwwies.look at that see through blue legs and chelae.
hahaz.. thanks mate. Yeah you should get them, they're not that uncommon but they surely worth every second of our time Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty9/20/2011, 9:43 am

PatoLoco wrote:

I don't know what instar this little guy (girl?) is, it has molted once in my care and is still quite small. I'll take a size comparison picture in the near future to spice up your R.j. thread a bit more Wink

Anyway, picture was taken a while ago, it was and still is pretty fat so i'm guessing it's going to moult soon. No pictures of feeding, just a scorpion that's chilling out!

This scorp is an eight legged psycho killer! I bought some crickets a couple days ago, 4 crickets (yes i buy them in quite small quantities :p), all different sizes. The biggest one of them moulted while i went home. When i bought it i already thought 'hmmm this one might be a bit on the big side' so it's safe to say the post-moult cricket was huge compared to my scorp. I dropped it in the tank just to see what would happen and sure enough, a while later i saw the little Rhopalurus chilling on his piece of bark with a very unfortunate cricket in it's chelae. Missed the sting though Sad

I think it's safe to say these guys are fearless and can take on prey that's a lot bigger. Awesome species and the colors are SO amazing Smile

Somehow this piece of bark always looks soaking wet while it's just a bit moist due to misting. Oh well Smile

Click here to view:

Awesome colors, crazy Belgian.

Last edited by GS on 11/16/2011, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding of spolier for the images)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty9/20/2011, 9:47 am

looks pretty fat too lol ...molt time?
Back to top Go down
PatoLoco
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty9/22/2011, 3:36 pm

Yea i think it's about to moult soon. I'm not sure whether or not to be happy about that :p

I love seeing this little critter get bigger with every moult but they're just so damn cute when they're tiny. Part of me loves little scorps but the other part enjoys seeing them get bigger! Maybe i just have to buy some more scorps so i have small and big ones? Smile

Phewww, keeping scorpions can be so difficult sometimes Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty9/22/2011, 6:45 pm

Imo, you should be happy.
Think on the bright side.. your Rhopalurus junceus is either molting towards being a scorpion mum or dad..

Before you know it, you'll be crowded with many cute little orange imps again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 12:44 pm

Duration taken from newly born (1.instar) to 2.instar: 7 days

Rhopalurus junceus babies

New vid on 2.instar dismounted coming up..
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 12:58 pm

aw thats such a beautiful video Smile Awesome choice of song i love 12 stones Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 1:15 pm

GS, honestly you know what you're doing. But how many scorps do you have now? :-D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 1:47 pm

Looking good!
Back to top Go down
Ludedor24
Babycurus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 5:23 pm

that is some stunning molt pics and i love the home-made tree house
Back to top Go down
Scorpeace
Babycurus
Scorpeace

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 5:58 pm

And now you made me order 5 4i Rhopalurus junceus Razz

Needless to say, nice pictures and videos! cheers
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty10/5/2011, 11:21 pm

@Bex
Haha.. yeah i love 12 stones too!

@Anna
Thanks Babe!

@pluto
Thanks bro Smile
Kinda lost count for actual numbers as i'm breeding about 30+ species atm..
Obviously, I can't handle all.. feeding alone will drive me nuts..

hence i've spread out and given several projects to friends to take care & they'll take some of the scorplings/ adult pairs from me but that's not a long term plan too..
usually they'll return me most of them when they're overwhelmed themselves.. -.-

@Scorpeace
You'll love your new "tangerine scorpions" additions!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty11/16/2011, 11:57 am

All 33 babies have molted to 2.instar in 7 days from birth & dismounted from mum's back 4 days later:
[ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Rhopalurus_junceus_2i_by_GSscorpions82_161111_pic1

The proud mum:
[ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Rhopalurus_junceus_7i_female_by_GSscorpions82_161111_pic1a

2.instar Rhopalurus junceus scorplings:
[ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Rhopalurus_junceus_2i_by_GSscorpions82_161111_pic2
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty11/16/2011, 12:06 pm

Congratulations! Looking great!

Looks like you got a rebel in the first picture Smile............he's all like I'm hangin by myself!!! I'm a big boy LOL
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty11/17/2011, 6:50 am

Those little cuties' coloration is just awesome. The orange looks unreal, almost cartoon-like.
Good luck with them!
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty11/17/2011, 9:23 am

Annababe wrote:
Congratulations! Looking great!

Looks like you got a rebel in the first picture Smile............he's all like I'm hangin by myself!!! I'm a big boy LOL

Click here to view:

thanx babe.. haha yeah that little bugger is an adventurous one spider
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty11/17/2011, 9:26 am

DolbyR wrote:
Those little cuties' coloration is just awesome. The orange looks unreal, almost cartoon-like.
Good luck with them!

Click here to view:

Hey bud Smile
Haha... that's that right color they're actually in.
Pic is taken under natural sunlight. BEST lighting you can ever get Smile
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty11/17/2011, 10:00 am

nom nom, I know it's been said, but looks like candy. FFS, why there are no gummy-scorpions for the kids??
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty11/17/2011, 12:32 pm

DolbyR wrote:
nom nom, I know it's been said, but looks like candy. FFS, why there are no gummy-scorpions for the kids??

Why just the kids?? I love gummies LOL.

Invent some!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus   [ASA] Rhopalurus junceus - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[ASA] Rhopalurus junceus
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next