The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Worried about our haddy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Worried about our haddy  Empty
PostSubject: Worried about our haddy    Worried about our haddy  Empty12/20/2010, 11:44 am

Hi all as you know we got a desert hairy a while ago, she went in her burrow almost instantly when we put in her new tank and we haven't really seen her since, should i be worried?

The first few nights she sat in the entrance to the burrow and i think she ate once but we haven't seen anything of her for weeks now, i assumed she would be more active than our Emp but we see our Emp everynight, im confused

Could it be that her tank is not warm enough? its sits at around 25c-30c, 77f-86f, is that warm enough, also about the humidity i know too much is bad for them but can too little harm them as well? the humidity gauge is on 30% at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Worried about our haddy    Worried about our haddy  Empty12/20/2010, 11:50 am

231bex wrote:
Hi all as you know we got a desert hairy a while ago, she went in her burrow almost instantly when we put in her new tank and we haven't really seen her since, should i be worried?

That's pretty normal behavior.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Worried about our haddy    Worried about our haddy  Empty12/20/2010, 11:57 am

oh good, for some reason i was expecting her to be out and running around a lot, just wanted to make sure all temps and stuff was correct just in case it was something i have done, would hate for anything to die because of me,

seems like our Eurscorpius Flavicaudis are the most active scorps we have, i love it they are out every night (and sometimes day) without fail, i bet all their friends back in the wall in sheerness UK where we got them are frezzing right now and in some kind of hybernation its so cold with all this snow! poor things!
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Worried about our haddy    Worried about our haddy  Empty12/20/2010, 1:40 pm

Yeah I wouldn't worry about your haddy. Mine shut the entrance to her burrow off for a month, I got worried and decided to dig her out. She was sat at the deepest part looking up at me thinking "why are you digging me out with a teaspoon" Very Happy Now shes happily hiding in a new burrow, i'll give it a month Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/

PostSubject: Re: Worried about our haddy    Worried about our haddy  Empty12/20/2010, 2:09 pm

Yes that is normal and the conditions you are keeping it under is just perfect! Mine is only active in periods... For eksample since I got it, it has been really docile and has been hidden alot, but the last week it suddenly "woke up" and started crawling all over (including the ventilation net in the top) and totaly redecorated the entire enclosure! Now it's settled in again and has went back to hiding...
Back to top Go down
DesertHaddy
Pandinus
DesertHaddy

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Worried about our haddy    Worried about our haddy  Empty12/20/2010, 8:18 pm

Mine boxed herself in for 3months in total. Attempted to dig her out after a month or so, met by an aggressive haddy pissed that I disturbed her!! He/She will be fine i'm sure!
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Worried about our haddy    Worried about our haddy  Empty12/21/2010, 3:40 am

Thanx everyone I will try not to worry so much as long as her conditions are correct there is nothing more I can do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worried about our haddy    Worried about our haddy  Empty

Back to top Go down

Worried about our haddy
Page 1 of 1