The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.

Go down 
+9
Mr. Mordax
_scorpio_
*~BEX~*
Jay
**GS**
nynoname
H. laoticus
the lycan mikey
Nev
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nev
Pandinus
Nev

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-12-07

New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.   New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty12/15/2010, 3:42 pm

Cant fit in the shelving. Only 1" space above tank.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.   New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty12/15/2010, 3:45 pm

Hmmm don't really know then sorry
Back to top Go down
Nev
Pandinus
Nev

PostSubject: Re: New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.   New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty12/17/2010, 10:14 am

Heres the only process images I took but its pretty basic and easy if you have some artistic skills and imagination.
After coming up with the idea, I drew it all out and then got the pieces I needed. Then I sprayed the inside with some expanding foam like Great Stuff where I knew it was needed. I made sure my pieces like the skull and logs were already in place, glued to the tank so they wouldnt move around. For the glue I used a black 100% silicone. Then I let it dry out and I carved away at the foam. When that was done I covered all the foam with black silicone and while it was wet I put on the substrate I wanted and it sticks to it. Fast drying time too so be quick. Thats about it really. Thats the hardest part I guess.

Before carving
New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 _mg_5111

After carving
New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Desert15
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.   New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty12/17/2010, 10:49 am

Nev wrote:
Heres the only process images I took but its pretty basic and easy if you have some artistic skills and imagination.
After coming up with the idea, I drew it all out and then got the pieces I needed. Then I sprayed the inside with some expanding foam like Great Stuff where I knew it was needed. I made sure my pieces like the skull and logs were already in place, glued to the tank so they wouldnt move around. For the glue I used a black 100% silicone. Then I let it dry out and I carved away at the foam. When that was done I covered all the foam with black silicone and while it was wet I put on the substrate I wanted and it sticks to it. Fast drying time too so be quick. Thats about it really. Thats the hardest part I guess.

Before carving
New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 _mg_5111

After carving
New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Desert15

wow...i wish i could think that far ahead lol

sick setup though man...very nice

i think alex has some competition ROFL
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
Nev
Pandinus
Nev

PostSubject: Re: New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.   New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty12/17/2010, 11:03 am

Alex? Have a link to his set up? Love to see it. Smile
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.   New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty12/17/2010, 11:41 am

look up anything posted by LXDNG79...
he does the best natural setups i think ive ever seen =)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.   New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty12/18/2010, 12:58 am

I have no idea how I missed this thread!! I +1 everything said on here, heat, liking etc.
I absolutely love the way this looks on that shelf! Awesome job Bro! I'm constantly thinking about different things I can do with my enclosure and often walk through the hardware store looking for various materials and thinking of what to do with them. I can't believe I never thought of the expanding foam. That is brilliant, awesome idea, I love it! On top of being really cool to work with it will be light weight!!!
I'm adding it to the list for the hardware store tomorrow! I've been stacking flat rocks up to build up the landscape and this will eliminate a lot of the weight Very Happy
Thanks for sharing your pics, it's definitely appreciated!!
Back to top Go down
Nev
Pandinus
Nev

PostSubject: Re: New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.   New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty12/19/2010, 5:28 pm

Heres a video I just posted on the tank. Sorry about the pretty blue in the background lol thats my retro diner. Was the only space I could use at the time.
Anyways I made this because Im going to try and sell it online and then make another or two.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AMyas1Z8Uo
Back to top Go down
Nev
Pandinus
Nev

PostSubject: Re: New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.   New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty1/10/2011, 4:18 pm

I just added a video on youtube of the tank. Hard to film, could hardly get my hand inside! lol
Still no luck with getting hands on a DH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FG90IIsNEw

High Def - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FG90IIsNEw&hd=1
Back to top Go down
Billy No Mates
Centruroides
Billy No Mates

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.   New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty1/13/2011, 11:18 pm

That's an awesome design!

This is making me think about doing my own backdrop.
Back to top Go down
Seany-p
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-01-08

PostSubject: Re: New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.   New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty1/19/2011, 3:31 am

That is one really impressive tank, one question though would the expanding foam not pose any sort of health issues to the scorp?
Back to top Go down
Mark4132
Pandinus

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-01-08

PostSubject: Re: New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.   New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty1/20/2011, 9:52 pm

Thats sick man
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.   New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty1/25/2011, 1:04 pm

Ahh I see what you've done now, nice one. Good idea with the expanding foam as long as it leaves enough room for the scorp to burrow.

Any luck finding an inhabitant yet?
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.   New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Terrarium of Desert Doom... or something like that.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2