The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

L. parahybana for begginers?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
levi
Centruroides
levi

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-03

L. parahybana for begginers? Empty
PostSubject: L. parahybana for begginers?   L. parahybana for begginers? Empty12/7/2010, 9:51 pm

Guys do you recommend a parahybana for a newbie on t's like me?i really like them aggressive and [edit] gigantic and fast growers..what do you think?

Last edited by Mr. Mordax on 12/8/2010, 4:48 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Language)
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: L. parahybana for begginers?   L. parahybana for begginers? Empty12/7/2010, 10:06 pm

If you feel you're ready for one sure. Get a sling and get used to its size and temperament with time.
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

PostSubject: Re: L. parahybana for begginers?   L. parahybana for begginers? Empty12/7/2010, 10:15 pm

Wow first time someone agrees with me..im quite confused on what to buy, A. geniculata or L. parahybana..the hell ill buy them both..haha,
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

PostSubject: Re: L. parahybana for begginers?   L. parahybana for begginers? Empty12/7/2010, 10:19 pm

Why not! Get what you want, it's your judgment call and your spider. Peoples' suggestions are just that, suggestions. Ultimately, you're the person who will choose what you get and live with.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: L. parahybana for begginers?   L. parahybana for begginers? Empty12/8/2010, 4:48 am

Just a heads up, both species are extreme flickers!
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

PostSubject: Re: L. parahybana for begginers?   L. parahybana for begginers? Empty12/8/2010, 11:26 am

Where's the fun without a bit of danger?well not to the extent that i could die..hehe,ive researched and found out that they are big and fast growing is this true?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: L. parahybana for begginers?   L. parahybana for begginers? Empty12/8/2010, 6:30 pm

I wasn't saying to to get them, just that you may want to hold your breath when opening the tank. Very Happy

I can't vouch for L. parahybana, but A. geniculata are very fast-growing and large. Ours usually just sits in the same spot all the time (never bothers to burrow or hide). She moves to the water dish to tell us she's thirsty and she always tackles roaches in the blink of an eye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: L. parahybana for begginers?   L. parahybana for begginers? Empty12/9/2010, 9:36 am

A. geniculata is a good beginner specie! Don't get anything to aggressive or too fast as it will end in disaster if it gets out (or a hurtfull bite anyway Wink )
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: L. parahybana for begginers?   L. parahybana for begginers? Empty12/9/2010, 3:56 pm

can somebody explain the "holding your breath when you open the tank" ?
im a little lost on that concept
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

PostSubject: Re: L. parahybana for begginers?   L. parahybana for begginers? Empty12/9/2010, 5:40 pm

It's a reference to the urticating hairs most new world tarantulas kick around their tanks and use as their primary defense. L. parahybana are notorious for their hair kicking and Mr. Mordax was just saying to be careful regarding that Smile
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: L. parahybana for begginers?   L. parahybana for begginers? Empty12/9/2010, 5:49 pm

thats what i thought he meant...
good to know...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L. parahybana for begginers?   L. parahybana for begginers? Empty

Back to top Go down

L. parahybana for begginers?
Page 1 of 1