The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 

I'll be getting my AFS :) Hopefully!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
plankationship
Pandinus

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-11-07

PostSubject: I'll be getting my AFS :) Hopefully!   11/27/2010, 12:14 pm

Hey guys!

I'll most likely be getting my AFS soon! This would be my second 'exotic' pet since my Brazilian White Knee 3 cm sling. Got my White Knee about 2 weeks back and its really nice watching him/her prey on its pinhead cricket meal.

For the AFS (scorpling), what is the recommended volume of space needed to house it? Was hoping not to spend too much on it. I'm probably going to feed it pinhead crickets as well and will opt for B. Lateralis when it gets bigger. but man I think pinhead crickets really really stink and hopefully those lateralis wont stink as much.

Will definitely post pictures of my White knee sling and my scorpion once I purchase it. I'm very new to scorpions but have been lurking around this forum and have learnt a thing or two from here.

Would like to know if by coating feeders with a layer of calcium or protein would help in a heath of my White Knee and AFS?

Feel free to give any advice if you want Smile I'm all ears.

Till then!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manser
Babycurus

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: I'll be getting my AFS :) Hopefully!   11/27/2010, 1:07 pm

hey mate, depending on the size ive kept my scorplings in empty/cleaned out cricket tub and then as the scorp gets bigger then you'll need to investe in a proper enclosure. 10 gal is good enough for a scorp. and as for the crickets ive got a cricket feed which has calcuim and other vitamins which are important. the powder suppliment is good aswell but i find that it can come of the cricket quite easy. make sure you get a hide aswell for your scorp, even if its a bit of cardboard its something Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
Chrome
Tityus

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I'll be getting my AFS :) Hopefully!   11/28/2010, 12:17 am

Same as manser, I keep a low instar emperor in a used cricket tub, the one that says *50* crickets in it but we all know there's only like 25 in there Wink a smaller container like that when they are growing up if they are single lets them get their prey easier too. Just make sure to upgrade when they definitely get too big for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plankationship
Pandinus

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-11-07

PostSubject: Re: I'll be getting my AFS :) Hopefully!   11/29/2010, 1:35 pm

Ahhh thank you for all your help!

But sadly, I have chosen a B.Smithi over an AFS. Its only a matter of time if I do get it. But for now, B smithi it is Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I'll be getting my AFS :) Hopefully!   11/29/2010, 4:18 pm

Lol, that was a quick you changed your mind Wink

Good luck with it! A brachypelma smithi is a nice tarantula! I have had one my self, but I chose scorpions over that, so sold it not long ago! How big is the one you'll get?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll be getting my AFS :) Hopefully!   

Back to top Go down

I'll be getting my AFS :) Hopefully!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpions In General-
Jump to: